Book One: Chapter Three

Book One: Chapter Three

A Chapter by capn - roxass
"

You can't always believe what the eyes see... This just isn't Lucy's day.

"
"Alright, class. Today starts the third day of school! I still want to see your best effort. Before we start the soccer lesson, I want you all to race each other, to the end of the soccer field and back. Got it?"
The class of first graders all nodded, while some of the boys shot competitive glances at each other.
The male gym teacher looked away, checking his walkie talkie, and shouted. "Go!"
About 21 kids all broke into a run, racing each other to the other side of the field and laughing. But when they reached the other side and turned around, the laughing ceased. They all stopped and stared back at the finish line.
Of course, there was something wrong. There were 22 kids total. 21 stood on one side, 1 stood alone on the other.
The lone child was a girl, with short caramel colored hair, and an innocent expression.
The rest of the kids started to complain. They whined and glared at the girl across the field. The girl could hear them all perfectly, yet she didn't understand.
The gym teacher finally turned around. "What's the commotion for? I don't care what the problem is, finish the race!" Then he saw the girl standing a few feet away from him. "Why are you still standing here? Run. It's a race."
The girl turned to him, tilting her head in confusion. "I already finished the race, sir."
The man laughed heartily. "Don't try to crack jokes with me, kid. Your breathing hasn't even changed. You'd be panting and gasping for air if you had finished it by now. Now go run it, for real. I'll be watching this time." Then he turned to the rest of his students. "And the rest of you! Get over here! I don't have all day!"
Complaints and protests of first graders filled the air, as they began to jog across the field, back to their teacher. The girl, on the other hand, hesitated, but started to run the course also, trying to keep the same speed as her classmates. As she passed the others, she heard their countless comments.
"She did it again! She's done it every day so far!"
"She can't be that fast! I'm the most fastest!"
"Now Mr. Smith is mad..."
"Who is that girl??"
There was a moment of silence, but the girl could still hear the answer as she turned around on the opposite side of the field.
"Her? Oh yeah. I think her name is Lucy. Lucy White."
--
Oh god... my head... my head is killing me...
These were the only thoughts I could apparently manage to think, since it was the only thing that filled my head.

Am I asleep? Where am I? What's going...

Retrace my steps. Right. Just think of the last thing I remember...

Setting up for the party. Yeah. Mimi... James... Walking outside... Oh! That's right, I left because I heard voices. A lot of them. It made my head hurt. That's right, but...

There was no pain in my head now whatsoever.

My eyes flew open at once, and I found myself sitting up with a jolt. I blinked a few times, trying to figure out where in the hell I was...

Trees and vegetation stretched out all around me, as far as I could see. Tall trees. Very tall trees. I was sitting in a patch of grass, 

A forest? How did I end up here...?

I stood up slowly, still trying to figure out what was going on.

Maybe I came in here... and something knocked me out... There aren't even any forests around the neighborhood, though? This doesn't make sense...

Oh wait! My phone!

I dug through my pockets desperately, praying that I had at least remembered my phone. And to my relief, I took out the little black phone and held it to my face.

Oh thank the lord.

I unlocked the key pad, ready to dig through my contacts for Jordan's number... but then my heart sank. No service. Nothing. I was in an absolute dead zone.

...This couldn't get any worse.

I took another look around the area again. This definitely didn't look like any forest I've seen before. And it looked like I was pretty far in, too. I couldn't see any signs of civilization anywhere I looked.

Sighing, I started to walk through the forest in a random direction. This has to end somewhere, I'll just keep walking the same way. Then once I'm out, I'll try to figure out where I am.

--

I had only been walking a few minutes now, and I think I was already starting to panic.

I'm gonna die I'm gonna get raped someone's gonna snatch me up I'm gonna die oh god oh god I'm all alone rapists could jump out at any time I'm so gonna die oh dear lord oh god oh god OH GOD will SOMEONE help me please?!?!?!?

And, of course, there was a loud rustle not too far away. I froze in place in an instant, glancing ahead of me, where the sound came from.

About maybe 10 seconds passed, and still, nothing happened.

But, being the paranoid person I am, I took a few steps forward, and said, shakily, "I-Is someone there?"

Oh yeah. I sound intimidating.

Within the next few seconds, a dark figure stepped out of the bushes about 10 feet ahead of me. It was a person, dressed in a black cloak, with the hood hanging over it's face -only it's mouth and nose were visible-, and only seemed to be a few inches taller than myself. And at the sight of it, a thousand chills ran down my spine.

Whoever it was, I didn't want to get too close.

"Hello there, young lady." It greeted in a deep voice. 

Okay, it had to be a guy. A rapist, I bet you. Oh just my luck...

I still didn't respond, I only stared back at him uneasily, ready to book it at any moment.

I heard a single laugh from the man, and he pulled the hood off of his head.

It was a guy. He had wavy jet black hair that sloppily fell over his right eye, falling to his chin. He was pale white, and his eyes were a striking sapphire blue. He looked like he was in his twenties, but something told me he was a bit older than that...

His sapphire eyes stared into my mine, and his lips curved into a small smirk.

"So, how about we play a little game?"

I flinched, covering my mouth as I gasped. 

No.... Nonononono... Not here. Not now. This can't be happening.

I took two slow steps back, about to take off. But before I could, the weirdest thing happened.

One second, the man was motioning his hand towards me, as if reaching out for something. But the next second, he was thrown aside by a dark blur, and landed in the dirt several feet to the left of where he was standing before.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion. A boy had jumped out of no where, grabbing the man by the front of his hood, their faces inches away from each other. Then, the boy's fist pounded the man's face with a loud smack, which had sent him flying, and ending up in the place he was now.

It was unreal, nothing added up correctly. I had to be dreaming.

Nonetheless, I looked up at the boy who now stood less than three feet in front of me- apparently I fell on my butt somehow,- and tried to see if I could recognize him. Sadly, I was disappointed to realize that I have never seen this guy in my life.

He looked about my age, maybe older, with fair skin, and sleek black hair, swept over his ice blue eyes. He was wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt, with the sleeves ripped off.

But... but the boy was covered in blood. Light, dried blood... trailing down his arms, part of his face, his neck. That was when I noticed the countless, thin tears in his clothes. They were almost invisible, and they were all over him. And yet, he didn't even seem to care.

"Alright, you b*****d," the boy began, cracking his knuckles. "it's time for payback. I'm not holding back this time!"

"Oh really? And to think, this whole time, I thought you were giving it your all! You're just so strong, Zakary Amsel." The man retorted sarcastically, a smug smirk shaping his lips.

"What the hell?! Are you high? It's just. Zak. Get it right, Raven." The boy, apparently named Zak, replied angrily, his voice turning dark and harsh.

I just stared in complete confusion at the two, standing back on my feet slowly. They were arguing like a bunch of girls... What's with these two? Can't they just get over whatever they're going on about?

"Hmph," Raven lifted his hand to his head, and many needle-like objects appeared over his fingertips, spinning rapidly as he spoke. "Well, if you really want to be thrown through trees again... Come at me, brat."

I don't think I've ever felt my eyes grow so wide, or my heart skip so many beats. I could only stand there frozen, watching, horrified. This was not normal. None of this was normal. 

Zak threw himself towards Raven less than a second later, his icy blue eyes burning with the extreme intent to kill. I couldn't watch anymore. Before I could think, I found my feet running on their own, much faster than usual, racing towards the black-haired boy. My arms reached out, and they clung to his torso tightly and pulled back, with enough force to stop him before he could reach the hooded man. But, with all that conflicting motion and crap I never paid attention to in science class, we both ended up falling forward, a few feet in front of Raven, with me lying on top of his back.

Zak growled. Raven laughed. I was only just as frozen as I was moments before.

I didn't understand. What just took place happened in only a matter of seconds, but it felt like it took forever.

"What the f**k are you doing?!" Zak hissed underneath me, his absolute frustration obvious in his tone.

Raven continued to laugh menacingly. He closed his fist, and the needles disappeared in an instant. "You just made this way too easy, sweetie!"

I felt Zak stiffen below me, as Raven's words were spoken. "NO!" He squirmed and struggled, fighting desperately to get out from under me.

...I couldn't be that heavy.

But even when I sat up and tried to get off, it was already too late. Both of Raven's gloved hands glowed a light blue in front of him, one palm directed at each of us. We both froze in place; my breathing was cut short, my chest tightened. His glowing hands clasped together with a loud clap, his fingers intertwining.

And that was when I thought it was all over.

I crashed to the cold forest floor on my side, screaming uncontrollably. My... my chest. My chest was killing me. It felt like everything inside was being twisted around mercilessly, like someone was wringing it out like some wet towel. And I couldn't stop screaming, but they were drowned out by Zak's intense cursing, anyway. The pain was unbearable, I've never felt anything as horrible as this in my entire life. Stop... stop! Just stop!!
--
"You. Have ruined. Everything."

When I heard these words, I managed to lift myself up into a sitting position, despite some of the pain that still remained in my strained chest. I looked up, right into the eyes of the black-haired boy, Zak. He sat a couple feet in front of me, resting his arm on his bent knee. His cold, icy glare pierced through me painfully; a shiver ran down my spine as we made eye contact. Raven was no where in sight.

"Why... in the hell..." he started, looking down. When he put his head in his hand, his black hair fell over what was visible of his face, shrouding his expression... as if I had to guess what it was. "...Why the hell did you do that?!" he burst out, throwing his hand down, the cold glare slicing through me again.

"Do what?!" I asked, a little irritated.

"Oh my f*****g god..."

"Excuse me?"

"You threw me aside! You made contact with me! Are you retarded? I had him right where I wanted him!"

"..You. Are making. NO SENSE... What are you talking about??"

"Jesus!" Zak slapped himself on the forehead. "How stupid are you? Everyone knows the Elites are bad news!"

I just stared at him blankly. One of us was crazy, I was kinda hoping it was him.

After a few more seconds, he sighed loudly. "...This is pointless. I'm wasting my breath, you obviously have no idea what's at stake."

"If you could just answer my questions..." I began more calmly, "I really don't know what's going on. I just woke up here, and I ran into that guy... er... Raven. Could you at least tell me how to get back to the streets? I have somewhere to be."

Zak completely deadpanned. Yup, he thought I was the crazy one, apparently.

"...So you're a newbie... not even here for a day.. Oh this is just great. Fan-f*****g-tastic. Just my luck..." he murmured under his breath, flipping his bangs out of his eyes. "Look," he said, more loudly this time, looking at me, "we're stuck together now, thanks to you. I'm not gonna let myself get killed just cause you slip up, so you better keep it together, and stay on your feet!"

"...Zak, I'm just asking how to get home. It's not a life or death situation."

"For god's sake.... it IS a life or death situation! Don't you get it?!" he growled, lowering his gaze to the ground.

"There's nothing to get if you don't answer me!"

"OH I AM SO F*****G DEAD." Zak fell back onto the forest floor and murmured repeatedly, "I'm so dead I'm so dead I'm so dead I'm so dead..."

"Why are you gonna die?!"

There was a short pause as Zak sat up again, his bangs shrouding his eyes. "...That guy. Raven! Because of him, and you, and everything else in this damned forest, I'm going to die!"

"I don't understand!" I retorted in frustration, failing to keep calm. "Just explain to me what you're trying to say!"

Zak's body grew incredibly tense, like he could explode at any second. "That crazy hand glowing s**t he did back there! If one of us dies, the other does also! Raven has connected our souls permanently!"


© 2011 capn - roxass


Author's Note

capn - roxass
This IS from Lucy's point of view.
Just... making sure you're aware.

WELL I'M BORED OF THIS CHAPTER RIGHT NOW. :D
I don't feel like proofreading.... meh, I'll do it later.
Hooray for my screwed up mind, making messed up characters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMIGIBBS YES.

...I love Lucy's obsession with rapists. It's amazing. I love how that's the first thing that comes to mind, and not someone who's going to come and kill her and stuff. I bet she wasn't expecting what happened to happen.

Truth be told, I didn't either. ._________.

AHEM.

Zak is awesome. He tells the bad guy to call him by his nickname. I mean, who else does that?

Oooooh. It's the random hooded guy from the beginning, Raven...

...bwhahahaha. I just had to.

Lucy's obliviousness is cute. She's like "WHAT?!" and Zak's like, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

...i would have done the same as Lucy.

Knowing y'all, the next chapter will probably be unpublished. If it is, then expect to write me when the next chapter comes out. If you don't, I will EAT CHU.

...and if it isn't, I will read it. Obsessively. 'Cause that's Liv Smith, for yah.

HAPPY KINGDOM HEARTSING.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really great!! haha sorry I am kind of stalking your stories but they are just really great! I love how paranoid the main character is! I was cracking up the whole time she was freaking out about rapists haha!

Posted 13 Years Ago


....YAY! CHU POSTED IT! XD *squees like a fangirl*

.....I love Lucy's stupidity...Well, not stupidity...Just obliviousness. :D XD

I was listening to a song called "hungry" this entire chapter, which is about rice. SO I was laughing throughout this chapter. :D XD

Um...ANYWAY. Serious time. -.-

Raven is officialy my second favorite character. Second to Zak. :D XD He's so f*****g dark and sinister and i lufflez him . ♥ XD

Um...ANYHOW. And...Being the Grammar Nazi that I am, I feel the need to tell chu dis. XD I didn't see any major mistakes, cs o you're good. :D XD

...IDK what else to say, and I dun wanna be a total review stealer later so I'm doen. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
OHMYFUCKINGJESUS!!!!!! THE BEGINNING WAS F*****G EPIC. I LOVE LUCY. I absolutely loved that little insight into the past or whatthefuckever. Okay, I'm gonna continue reading now. :D

LMFAO. "I'm gonna die I'm gonna get raped someone's gonna snatch me up I'm gonna die oh god oh god I'm all alone rapists could jump out at any time I'm so gonna die oh dear lord oh god oh god OH GOD will SOMEONE help me please?!?!?!?" YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD THAT MADE ME LAUGH. I LOVE YOU SO F*****G MUCH [NH] FOR WRITING THAT. xDDD

Zak is my favorite character. As soon as he said "What are you highfgn,jghjgv" you know, that line. I fell in love. Lovelovelove. *dreamy sigh* xD Lmfao. But seriously. I f*****g love him. That line was amazing. Just "ZAK". xD "Get it right, Raven". Epicepicepic. And he curses a lot. F**k, is he real?! IS HE. I WANNA MARRY HIM, D****T. Unless you called him already. He IS your character after all. xD AND I LOVE THE PAIN SCENE THING. IT WAS F*****G AWESOME. I like the "wet towel" thing. :D

LMFAO. "You. Have ruined. Everything." I love how simple and awesome that is. xD I f*****g love Zak. No, I am not going to stop saying that. I am officially his fan girl, Like I am Blizzard THEDEADWOLF's fan girl. xD I shall now squee every time I think of him or someone says his name or I read about him. MUWAHAHA. "Are you RETARDED?" LMFAO. I LOVE HIM. AND HER. "I kinda hoped it was him". xD

---"OH I AM SO F*****G DEAD." Zak fell back onto the forest floor and murmured repeatedly, "I'm so dead I'm so dead I'm so dead I'm so dead..."--- DRAMA QUEEN. STOP BEING SUCH A PANSY.

Thats what I woulda said. xD

--
Zak's body grew incredibly tense, like he could explode at any second. "That crazy hand glowing s**t he did back there! If one of us dies, the other does also! Raven has connected our souls permanently!"-- o.o *dies* I was NOT expecting that at ALL. yOu have the most amazing ideas and are so creative andmngbkjdfbgf g. I JUST DIED. SERIOUSLY. MY MIND EXPLODED. You think im lying, or exaggerating, but im not. i saw stars. in one eye, but still. I EXPLODED. WELL, my mind did. xD

fjkhkgfngd i dont even know what to say!!! I AM BLOWN AWAY BY YOUR CREATIVENESS AND THE DIALOGUE AND HOW F*****G FJKHGKJF G-FUL ZAK IS. So yeah notning else to say except i love it. and i wish i could put hearts. -.- you know the kind where you use the 3? -.- f**k. i'll use these instead:

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011
Tags: fantasy, super humans, earth, magic


Author

capn - roxass
capn - roxass

Monteriggioni, Italy



About
Ayee. I'm Roxie. I'm Homestuck. You're Homestuck. We're all Homestuck. I like to sit on my a*s and play video games. Not much else really. I'm not active on here. I write if I'm in the mood .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by capn - roxass


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by capn - roxass



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..