Chapter One: Whoever She Is

Chapter One: Whoever She Is

A Chapter by BAMchick96

Two years later...

Roe's POV

I was sitting at my usual lunch table, alone. It wasn't that no one wanted to sit with me, or was avoiding me. It was that I just don't want to sit with them. They don't know me or my story and I have no interest in letting them know it either.

Jesse: ROE! Hey, are these seats empty? Do you mind if I sit with you?

She flashed me one of her 50 dollar smiles. My eyes... they burn!

Roe: Um, actually I'm done with my lunch. I was just about to leave. (Gets up from the table and starts to walk away)

Jesse: (Looks at Roe's food which was still untouched) Oh, ok I'll see you in Chemistry then. (Waves)

Roe: Sure, Whatever.

How annoying can someone be? Where ever I am, she has to pop up there. Does she not understand that I don't want to talk to her? I mean she has other friends, why does she have to try to be my friend? She's not a bad person, but I have no interest to have any kind of conversation with her. When you tell someone that you don't want to talk to them, I think they should have some kind of clue that you don't want to talk to them. Really how stupid is this girl?

All because she's new does not mean I have to be all buddy buddy with her cause I was the last new girl. I'm pretty sure other people even told her to stay away from me yet she still- ugh!

Whatever! Wonder what class I have next. Damnit! I have Chemistry next. Seeing her once a day is enough. I guess I can skip today. Not like any of the classes even matter anymore. I just have to get a 60% attendace record and I'm fine for graduating my senior year. What fun it is being a senior.

Hmmm... Maybe I should get something good to eat.

---

I ended up going to Wendy's. I can't say that it's something "good to eat" however, it's tastier then the school lunch. My uncle recently became the manager and always gives me a free burger or a pack of French fries. By the end of graduation I can bet that that I will gain up to atleast double my current body weight. But if it means free food, I can't say I mind.

Roe: (Bumps in to someone)

John: (Drops cigarette) Hey!

Roe: Oh, Sorry. (Starts walking away)

John: (grabs Roe's arm) Wait.

Roe: What the hell?

John: You go to Roosevelt High?

What is with this guy? I don't even know him and he's asking what school I go to? OMG! What if he's one of those pedophiles or stalkers that follow you around after you tell them your school! How creepy!

Roe: Why do you ask?

John: You're wearing the uniform. (Raises an eyebrow)

Roe: Oh.

Stupid private school and its stupid uniform!

John: Shouldn't you be in class? Lunch should be over by now.

Roe: I'll do whatever I want. What is it to you? Shouldn't you be in school as well?

John: Well I'm not in high school.

Roe: So? You shouldn't be here smoking cigarettes and grabbing random girls and asking them about their school now should you?!

John: Touche' (chuckles)

Roe: Whatever pedophile. I got to go.

What a creep. He had the audacity to grab my arm and then expects me to tell him what school I go to and then to top it all off starts telling me what to do? Who the hell does he think he is?! Now I can't wait to go back to school and hear Jesse's annoying voice again. Hah. Never thought I'd say that.

 

John's POV

Well she was nice. She drops my cigarette, then calls me a pedophile? Highschool girls these days. But for the stangest reason, I felt a connection when I saw her. I really don't know what it was but I want to see her again.

That was pathetic coming from me of all people. And anyway she'll think I'm some kind of stalker or something. I mean, I don't even know her name. But whoever she sure gave off one hell of a presence.

John: (Takes out another cigarette and lights it)

Now on to other matters, I have to get the groceries and then I have to get Jesse's Medicine. Need to hurry too. I only have 1 hour before her classes end. I really shouldn't get sidetracked so easily.



© 2013 BAMchick96


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The great thing about dialogue intrinsic chapters is that it is a way to let your characters grow and to have them form themselves instead of.. this is what he/she is like and this is who he/she is. Also a good point is that when you have an opportunity to describe something, it's always best to describe it in subtle ways, such as in dialogue attribution. Good read, thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BAMchick96

11 Years Ago

Thank you:)
I felt that writing in the traditional form of dialogue made my characters miss a .. read more



Reviews

The great thing about dialogue intrinsic chapters is that it is a way to let your characters grow and to have them form themselves instead of.. this is what he/she is like and this is who he/she is. Also a good point is that when you have an opportunity to describe something, it's always best to describe it in subtle ways, such as in dialogue attribution. Good read, thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BAMchick96

11 Years Ago

Thank you:)
I felt that writing in the traditional form of dialogue made my characters miss a .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 12, 2013
Last Updated on April 12, 2013


Author

BAMchick96
BAMchick96

Queens Village, NY



About
So.... I guess I should write SOMETHING about myself here... But urm... Im unsure what to write so here are some random details about me! Name: Tabassum Grade: 11 Birthday: April 26 (Ta.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by BAMchick96