Chapter Four: Loose Tongues and Arrogance

Chapter Four: Loose Tongues and Arrogance

A Chapter by BAMchick96

John's POV

"Well, if it isn't little boy blue. Come to get your 200 year old wagon?" he asked swinging around a wrench and chuckling. 

"Real funny Caleb. And it is not a 200 year old wagon. It's a classic and I for one think it's pretty f****n' beautiful. And what's with the little boy blue thing?"

Caleb is one of the strangest, laziest and most perverted people I have ever met. Yet, he is, for some unknown reason, my best bud. How that came to be, I have no idea.

"Ah, you know... Since your wearing a blue checkered shirt. It just sort of popped up into my head. Anywho, the wagon is fixed. You owe me an extra $20 though. I actually had to work today because of you." He thrusted his hand out at me waiting for me to tip him for his services.

I pushed away his hand with a shake of my head. "Thanks man, but no. It's good to work every now and then."

He made a disgusted face. "You do remember who you're talking to, right? Okay, enough talk about work, you haven't told me whether or not you're going to go to the party tonight. Are you?"

"Uh... No. You know I have no interest in that kind of stuff."

"OH COME ON! The girls all come towards us once they get a look at you! Maybe I can snag one this time with my amazing charm and charisma. BUT, that'll only work if you're there too! SO PLEASEEEE!!!" It was more of a command then a request.

This might be weird coming from a 20 year-old college guy, but right now, I have no interest in relationships. The whole idea of dating or whatever is just so... stupid. There aren't even many girls I've met worth the effort. Love is just a facade. It's not even like it lasts.

"Dude, seriously. Those superficial shallow girls are such a waste of time. I can't even have a decent conversation with one before they start stripping down in front of me like they think they're attractive. Anyway, we already went to one this week." He was about to retaliate to my comment when something caught his attention behind me.

"Hey!!"

Katie ran towards us with her arms open wide.

Caleb twirled away from me and opened his arms for Katie to fall into. "KATIE!!!"

But like usual, she completely ignored him and embraced me in one of her famous hugs.

You see, Katie is... well... petite and gifted with a hefty bust. And Caleb is more or less in love with her. But I think it's more because of her b***s then anything else. That boy only thinks with his dick.

"How are you, John?" She gave me a sunny smile.

She's actually a really nice girl. A bit dim, but really nice. I only see her as a friend, although I know she wants to see us as more. It's just a minor crush though. Anyone can tell and it'll pass once she finds someone better.

"I'm good. You?"

"Terrific." 

"Hey! What about me? Why are you only talking to little boy blue?" Caleb looked at her with a desperate look of longing.

And also like usual, she ignores what Caleb is saying too. She agrees with me on the face that Caleb only thinks with his dick. "So what did you do all day? Were you on errand duty today cause I saw you leaving the supermarket."

Right when I was about to reply Caleb pushed in between us to stop the conversation.

"I think your forgetting someone." He have Katie the puppy dog eyes. "And might I add, you're looking exceptionally pretty today." And that he said while looking at her b***s.

She turned as red as a tomato.

--xx--

"I'm home!"

I dropped my bags on the floor and threw my keys towards the sofa. I made myself comfortable in front of the tv.

Jesse walked into the room wiping her hand on an apron.

"Welcome home. How's your car? Was C.C. able to fix it?" C.C. is her nickname for Caleb. She made it up when she was 5. Caleb says it sounds girly but he doesn't mind as much as he did before. 

"Oh yeah. It's fine. What are you doing?" I turned on the tv and started flipping through channels. Oh! There's a baseball game on. The Reno Aces against the Mets. I didn't know there's a game on today.

"Making cookies. Dad is holding a fundraiser in the town over and asked if I'd make some. He'll be home in a bit to pick them up. You want one?" That's when I realized that there was a heavenly aroma coming from the kitchen.

"You're asking me whether or not I want a fresh baked cookie. Me... of all people." She laughed.

"Right, stupid question." She emphasized this my taping her head with her fist. "I'll go get you some."

A minute later she comes back with a plate full of chocolate chip and sugar-coated cookies. They looked amazing. "Oh, um... by the way. Mom called. She said he'll be coming over tomorrow."

My attention from the cookies and tv was taken away instantly. "That woman is coming here? Why?"

She shrugged, "I'm not sure. She said something about getting some papers from dad."

I took the plate and started snarfing down the cookies. "That woman has some nerve still showing her face around here."

Our parents are divorced. Our mom is a selfish person. She cheated on our father because he worked hard to put bread on our table. He wasn't home as often as she would have liked but I didn't see the big deal in it since she worked just as much.

But she started coming home later and later. You know, the usual.

It wasn't hard to realize what was going on. I'm pretty sure even our dad realized it but just didn't bring it up because he didn't want it to be true. Something about needing to trust the ones you love. But obviously she didn't feel that same. So in the end it ended with their divorce.

I was six and Jesse was three. Our mom left to marry the other man she'd been having an affair with and we were in the care of a father that was hardly home. I didn't blame him though. He needed to make the money which kept us going.

He works for a business corporation that sends him on a lot of business trips and makes him host a lot of fund raisers. We didn't have much of a family growing up. It was always just me and Jesse and the occasional nanny. Due to Jesse's condition I've always been extra protective of her and she's really the only family I've got. We've always been together, like... peanut butter and jelly. We were inseparable growing up. You could say I have a sister complex.

Pretty much, we are your usual messed up family.

"Hey, John." Jesse called while tapping my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I mumbled with a mouth filled with chocolate chip cookies.

"I need to go to the library tomorrow. Can you take me?" I quickly chewed and swallowed down all the cookies I stuffed in my mouth. 

"Sure. I needed to do a report on Wuthering Heights anyway. Sigh. The troubles on a literary student." I dramatically put a hand to my forehead and Jesse giggles while looking at me like I was an idiot.



© 2013 BAMchick96


Author's Note

BAMchick96
Okay, So! I changed the form of dialogue. Do you think this came out well or was the other style better? I can't really tell : So I'm asking for your opinion. Other then that, This chapter had A LOT of dialogue. I dunno why. It just sort of came like that, like when it was going through my head. Also, we finally got a backstory as to who this John guy is and some supporting character! I'd say this was a pretty progressive chapter.

I have a question for whoever is reading this though, what do you think the chapter title has to do with the chapter itself. So far, all the chapter titles have been featured in the story expecpt this one so lets see what you all think it has to do with it. :3

Oh, btw. All the chapter names are from song names or lyrics. Would you guys like to know what they are cause then I'll write them at the base of each chapter. The songs themselves have nothing to do with the story though, just certain lines fit it. :P

Thanks for reading!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 16, 2013
Tags: arrogance, cinema, club, door, loose, tongue, two


Author

BAMchick96
BAMchick96

Queens Village, NY



About
So.... I guess I should write SOMETHING about myself here... But urm... Im unsure what to write so here are some random details about me! Name: Tabassum Grade: 11 Birthday: April 26 (Ta.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by BAMchick96