Someone's Conversation Continues

Someone's Conversation Continues

A Chapter by zero binty
"

The second half of the tree dream.

"
After coming down, everything went dark.  For only a second, but it was the darkest I've never seen.  I hear a din growing louder with each passing heartbeat.  Then through a flash of light, I am surrounded by a family of countless generations at what appears to be a birthday party for one of the kids.None of them know me, but treat me like extended family.  Unlike in real life, I am comfortable and enjoying myself.  A little hesitant at first, but that unease fades with each smile.  Side note:  That is in no way the way I am.  While we are on one of the family members' massive property, I can tell that these are salt of the Earth people.  Inhumanely gentle, honest, caring to a fault in some eyes, beautifully real in mine.  They want me to participate in the festivities, and I willingly accept.  One was riding shotgun in a Chevrolet K5 Blazer through coarse terrain while pouring something liquid into a container that was supposed to spray directly at me, but as the first spray came out, I shook it and sprayed the people in the bleachers who seemed to thoroughly enjoi the Gallagheresque show.  Yah, bleachers, that's how huge this family was.
Next, the children and teens wanted me to run an obstacle course with them, which I gladly obliged.  Using a slight variation on my flying ability of the previous dreams I've had, a lot of the obstacles were more akin to resting points for the energy spent trying to figure out how to control the abstractness of flight capability.  Everybody was smiling; Not the unnerving grin of mass murderers who have cornered their prey, but the genuine soul warming glow of a mother and father holding their newborn for the first time.  The toothy smile of a child first holding a puppy.  The smile someone shows when their life has turned on them, but you do something small but Earth moving for them.  That smile.
In the time after the obstacle course I really needed a rest, so I sat in a swing suspended by two cables in a wide v.  After a couple of seconds one of the wires snaps.  Drifting skyward for three seconds, or eternity through adrenaline filled fear, the other cable pulled taut, and somehow snapped me back towards the direction from whence I came.  I say somehow because physics dictates that my a*s should have been debris orbiting Mars given trajectory and speed.  As I neared back to reality, I say that the base support of the wires was shaped like a large conch shell.  Very much like the one that sat in my room from the age of three until I was eighteen.  This was when the whole flying foolishness came into play.  Slowing my descent somehow, I managed to adjust into the path of the largest spiral of the shell.  I tried to make it look like luck.  After wrapping around the first spiral and continued down the spiral using friction as a brake.
It was like nothing happened.  Nobody noticed except an older gentleman who only smiled wryly and nodded.


© 2017 zero binty


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on June 27, 2017
Last Updated on June 27, 2017


Author

zero binty
zero binty

TX



About
more..

Writing
Required Required

A Story by zero binty