Rencontre

Rencontre

A Chapter by Ezar Co

Almost a year ago, four days before the eighteenth birthday of the princess, the kingdom of Fontainebleau felt doomed everytime they think of the lost and the birthday of the princess.


The sun rises, the princess back into a human, she lives like Eve. She eats fruits from the forest and converse with birds, rabbits, and squirrels. “Bonjour, my little fellow!” The princess gladly to have these kinds of friends.


In the kingdom of Montsoreau, the castle had few changes after the earthquake. King Charles became weak since the earthquake happened so he decided to pass his throne to his son.


“Bonjour, Your Highness! Comment vas-tu?” Jean greeted the king.


“Oh, Jean! I’m still trying to recover but I feel weaker now. I think it is the time to pass my crown to my son. But, he must find someone so that someone will help him to rule the kingdom. It’s hard to rule the kingdom alone by his young age.” The king answered.


“I get your point, your highness!” Jean agreed. “Should I call your son, your highness?” He added.


“Oui! Merci!” the king answered.


At the same time, Prince Gustave having his short moment to the river of Loire. He recalls his memories with his mother, Queen Veronica, that died a couple of years ago due to an unknown disease. The prince tries to find a way to forget what happened to his mother so he could be happy until the sun is setting down and time after time, it is already midnight. He sees a sparkle of diamonds from a far distance. It is dark and unnoticeable that it is from the cave until he comes near. From one sparkle turns into a thousand shine of diamonds. The creature is in deep sleep inside the cave without any feeling that someone nears her. Her body covers with dark shadows and the moonlight spots on her face. The prince saw a beautiful face of human that attracts him. So, he slowly comes near, step by step, and his eyes are in focus on her face.


Three meters away from the cave, still slowly come close and his eyes are still in focus on her face, the creature still in a deep sleep. A couple meters distance from the cave, he suddenly steps into twigs then crack. The creature heard it and open her eyes like in one snap, she saw a man standing in a distance, looking at her, but she quickly hides inside the cave. The prince quickly come close to the cave and shouted, “Wait! Come back! Come back!” but the creature never comes back. The prince decided to come back to the castle and still thinking of the majestic face he saw.


When the prince got home, Jean welcomes him, “Your Highness, you’re back!” Then he bows.


The prince asks, “How’s my father? Is he getting better?”


Jean answers, “The king wants to talk with you regarding some important matter.”


The prince quickly goes to his father’s room and talk about the turnover of the crown…


“Father, I heard that you want to talk with me. What is it?” Gustave was curious.


“My dear son, I am getting weaker and I was planning to pass my crown to you but, the thing is, I am worried about the kingdom and also to you. I already decided that you must find a woman to marry before I pass my crown so that she could help you to rule the kingdom.” King Charles said.


“Father, be strong. And if ever I become a king, I can do everything.” The prince answered.


“I know that you can do well but, it’s hard to rule the kingdom alone at your young age. Being a king has great and big responsibilities. Don’t feel bad for me, son. Don’t think that I don’t have trust in you. Remember that I trust you. The thing is, I also started in this kind of process before I became a king. I just want to apply the same process as my father done for me. I hope that you would understand, my dear son” The king explained thoroughly.


“I understand, father, I understand. But, I am hoping that you’ll get well soon and see me how I rule the kingdom.” Gustave answered.


“I’ll try, son.” The king said.


Gustave and his father hug each other. The prince spent his moment to be with his father.


It is already past midnight. Another day comes. As the sun rises, the unknown creature turned back to a normal human. She came out from the cave and sing like in an opera. It looks like a wonderful day for her every time she sees her face from the reflection of the water in the river.


In the kingdom of Montsoreau, castle’s balcony, the prince is looking the calm view of the fields and suddenly he remembers the girl that he saw from the cave. He decided to go back to the river just to see the girl. So he gets his horse and rides on it and go back to the river.


As the prince arrives at the river, he saw the girl standing on the water of the river, without clothes, just her back, wet hair, singing like in an opera. He keeps staring at that girl. Then, the girl began to dive in and swim to the river. The prince’s eyes follow the girl until the girl stands up without noticing that there’s a man in front of her, wiping her hair.


“Oh!” The girl shocked and quickly back to the water just to cover her body, only her head will see.


Then the prince covers his eyes and said, “I’m sorry, Mademoiselle, I’m sorry!”


The girl asks, “What are you doing here?!”


“Whoa! Easy, Mademoiselle. May I know your name?” The prince answered in his charming way.


The princess got annoyed and she answers, “Get out!”


 “Why? Any problem? I just want to know you!” Gustave answered.


“It’s a long story! I do not know if you would believe me. I’m afraid to tell to anyone. So get out!” The princess answered.


“I’m here to help you. Trust me!” The prince said.


“Oh, Lord! I’m afraid not. You don’t know who really I am!” The princess said.


The prince answers, “Fine, with due respect, I better go.” So he rides onto his horse and said, “Hope to meet you next time!” then he leaves.


“Oh dear! I don’t know what am I going to do? I better hide!” The princess said. So she quickly dresses and back to the cave.

 



© 2018 Ezar Co


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on April 4, 2018
Last Updated on April 4, 2018
Tags: Fantasy, France, Claudette, Gustave, Baroque


Author

Ezar Co
Ezar Co

Manila, NCR, Philippines



Writing
Diamants Magiques Diamants Magiques

A Chapter by Ezar Co


La Malédiction La Malédiction

A Chapter by Ezar Co