Good Things; Bad Situations

Good Things; Bad Situations

A Chapter by ♋ Iris ♋
"

Darrel finds himself in a situation.

"
Sometimes good things happen just in time to save you from a bad situation. Darrel knew this was one of the times that would save him from a lifetime of debt. With the phone to his ear and a pen in his hand, he had never been so glad that he had taken the call instead of ignoring it. 
"Darrel, I'm sorry to inform you that your great uncle, on your mother's side, has passed away." Those words may sound tragic, but not in Darrel's case. The young boy of nineteen had never met this relative that had passed. He was confused at first to hear that he even had a great uncle. He didn't know what to say to the voice that was talking to him. "I am a lawyer who represented the old man. He left a will and you were mentioned it several times for quite a few things."
"I'm not really sure what to say." He finally breathed out. "Should we meet up and talk about this in person?" He asked. He glanced back down at the slip of paper on the table. In large print the word "Loan" sat at the top of the document. If this matter had to be dealt with by a lawyer, maybe he could get a considerable amount of money.
"That would be for the best." The male voice said after a few seconds. The two boys talked and decided that they would meet in one hour at a local cafe' to talk about the will. Darrel thanked the man, whose name was Barron, and hung up the phone. He shook his head and put the pen down.
He plopped down on the crappy couch and started to think about his situation. This one room apartment was all he could at the time he had to move out of his dad's house. He had enough money to pay for the rent at the end of the month. That was two days away. He glanced over at the table again. He was about to sign the papers for a house loan. All he had to do was sign the paper and be in debt for the rest of his life. 
Then he answers a call that gives him a potential second chance in this situation. A man that he doesn't even know had him written into his dying wishes. This seemed almost too good to be true. He was trying to not jump to conclusions, but he couldn't help but let his mind wander about how much money could have been left to him. 
Maybe he could pay for the next years worth of rent. Or maybe he had enough money to buy himself whole house. Maybe he wouldn't get that much money. Maybe he would have a enough money to spend on cab-fair instead of having to take the bus. Darrel cringed at the though of the bus. He hated buses but he knew he had to hurry up and leave to catch the bus. He would miss the appointment with Barron if he didn't get this one. He got on his work boots and headed out the door.


© 2013 ♋ Iris ♋


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it Jess~ I can't wait to hear more about this situation and the whole story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


♋ Iris ♋

10 Years Ago

Thankies~ I'll add more soon
Bound In Red

10 Years Ago

Yeys! I'll be waiting to read it~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013


Author

♋ Iris ♋
♋ Iris ♋

About
MUSE OF SPACE PROSPIT DREAMER Iris is my pen name. My real name is Jessa. I am laid back most of the time. love anime and manga. I am a teenager but I dont know if you can say average. I .. more..

Writing