Cafe' Conference

Cafe' Conference

A Chapter by ♋ Iris ♋

Darrel took a deep breath before entering the cafe'. He had no idea what to expect. Barron could have been anyone inside. He sighed and pushed the door open. He decided to sit in the middle of the sitting area. 
"Oh great..." He said to himself. He looked down and saw what he was wearing. He had on a black and green jacket with jeans. "I should have dressed up more." He shook his head and sat there for a few seconds. He decided that he should order something so not to look like a free loader. He got himself a hot chocolate. Coffee didn't settle well with his stomach.
There was a sign on the wall that read "Free Wi-Fi". He shrugged and pulled out his phone. Darrel never did anything with social networking sites. He didn't have very many friends that he needed to keep in touch with. He only got on the internet to play games, watch t.v, or listen to music. He cursed himself for not grabbing headphones and he went to a gaming site.
"Son?" Darrel almost fell out of his seat as a hand landed on his shoulder. He shuffled the phone between his hands until he caught it. He let out the breath that he was holding onto. He looked up at the man who had just scared the bajesus out of him. This man was tall and well dressed in a black suit and a dark blue tie.
"Barron..? Sir..?" Darrel asked jumping to his feet and holding out his hand. The man half smiled down at him.
"Calm down, son." He took his hand and shook it firmly. Darrel scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Lets take a seat." Darrel nodded and sat back down. He didn't notice until now that his knees were about to buckle beneath him. He really felt foolish now about his apparel. 
"So you knew my great uncle?" Darrel asked as Barron took his seat. The man nodded and put the briefcase he was carrying onto the table. 
"His name was Farrel. He was a great man." He said with a sad smile. "I know you never knew him, but he knew who you were." Barron pulled out a picture from his pocket and handed it Darrel. The picture shown a well dressed man. He was standing with cane and a top hat. Darrel was confused as he studied the picture. 
"I never even knew this man existed." 
"Your mother used to go and visit him and tell him all about you. She would bring pictures of you and tell stories of what was going on." Darrel shook his head. He almost didn't want to believe that actually happened. 
"What happened to him?" He asked.
"Heart failure." Barron answered. "He knew his time was running out and he wanted to make sure that you would inherit his stuff." 
"Why me though?" Darrel asked. 
"He felt like he knew you. He wanted to help you out." Barron opened the briefcase and pulled out some documents. "Time to get down to business, Darrel, and I'm gonna be straight with you." He took the picture back from Darrel. "This belongs to you." He pointed to the background of the picture.
"That...belongs to me...?" Darrel couldn't believe what he was seeing. Barron was pointing to a huge house. 
"The Jade Rose Mansion." Barron clarified. "This is a really big estate that is all yours. You can do with it what you feel is right. You could keep it but I have to tell you that the utilities and electricity is very costly. You could sell it and make..."
"I'm not gonna sell it." Darrel cut him off. "I wont sell it. It looks like a really nice place and I was looking for a new home to live in." He thought about it for a bit. "I can do what I want with the property, right?" Barron nodded. 
"The house is paid off but the monthly utilities would be your main concern with money." Darrel thought about this for a bit longer.
"I know what I'm going to do." Barron smiled and nodded. 
"Shall I take you to your new home then?" He asked standing up. Darrel nodded, grabbed his hot chocolate, and followed Barron out the door. Darrel made the observation that Barron had to be a pretty well to do man. He didn't wait at the bus stop or even call a taxi. He turned around the corner of the cafe' and hopped into his own car with a driver and everything.
"Are we going in this?" Darrel asked. 
"Of course. Hop in." The nineteen year old boy shrugged his shoulders and got into the car. He was about to be taken to a new home and he couldn't wait to see the inside of his mansion. 


© 2013 ♋ Iris ♋


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 12, 2013


Author

♋ Iris ♋
♋ Iris ♋

About
MUSE OF SPACE PROSPIT DREAMER Iris is my pen name. My real name is Jessa. I am laid back most of the time. love anime and manga. I am a teenager but I dont know if you can say average. I .. more..

Writing