Three

Three

A Chapter by ~goh~
"

Weeping Angels in the TARDIS! How on earth (err, I mean universe) did this happen?

"

“What are these things, Doctor? I-I blinked, and they moved. Statues can’t do that, can they?” Donna asked, trembling in fear.

“They’re only statues when you see them,” hissed the tenth Doctor.

“What does that mean, they’re only statues when you see them?!” Donna shouted, exasperated. The tenth Doctor exhaled.

“Alright, listen up, because I’m only going to say this once, and if you choose not to listen, you’re dead. These are Weeping Angels. They’re quantum locked, which means the moment they’re observed, they freeze into stone. And you can’t kill a stone.”

“If I might ask, what’s so bad about a stone? It can’t kill you either,” offered the third Doctor. The tenth Doctor shook his head.

“And that’s where you’re wrong. It can’t kill you either, but then you turn your back, then you look away, then you blink. And oh yes it can,” he said. He slowly walked over to the statues and slipped on his glasses. “Now…how did you get in here? Nothing can get past these walls…so how did you do it?”

“Doctor…if you can’t kill these things, how are we going to get rid of them?” Donna asked. Her eyes were alternating between wide-open and squinting to keep herself from blinking.

“Well…I don’t know,” the tenth Doctor admitted, scratching his head. He pulled out his sonic screwdriver and began scanning one of the statues. “Ooh, now that is not good.” He quickly turned away and ran around the corner. “Oh, stay there for a minute, would you? Don’t want those things running around in here. Too many buttons they could press,” he added, peeking around the corner. Before Donna could think of something snide to say, the Doctor was gone.

“Well. This will be a challenge. How the ‘ell are we supposed to keep from blinking?” Donna huffed. She looked over to the third Doctor. He was calmly staring at the statues, not even close to blinking. “Show off,” grumbled Donna. She slowly crept up to the statues, and looked them over. “They look so…serene.” She tilted her head and stared into the eyes of one of the angels. “Don’t you think so, Doctor Three? They seem so harmless. They couldn’t even hurt a fly,” she said dreamily.

“Miss Donna, I suggest you step away from that statue,” the third Doctor said sternly.

“Why? They’re not going to do anything, are you?” Donna mumbled. She reached out to one of the statues.

“Miss Donna, step away from that statue. Now.” Donna seemed indifferent. She stretched her arm, about to touch the statue, and was tackled by the third Doctor. “Are you alright, Miss Donna?” he asked. Donna blinked, and shook her head violently.

“No, I’m not alright. You just tackled me! What kind of Doctor are you, anyway?” she shouted. The third Doctor smiled. Yes, she’s alright. The tenth Doctor came racing around the corner with his arms full of silvery cubes and wires.

“What’s all that shouting about?” he asked, almost dropping a cube in his rush. He noticed Donna was on the floor. “Are you alright Donna? You don’t seem the type to just flop down on the floor." Donna glared at the Doctor.

He just tackled me,” she hissed, pointing at the third Doctor. The third Doctor noticed he was getting a death glare from the tenth Doctor, and quickly explained himself.

“She was in a sort of trance, hypnotism, if you will. I think the angels were causing it. She was going to touch one of them. I feared something might happen, and she wouldn’t step away, so I did the only logical thing,” he explained.

“Tackling her. Right. Very logical,” the tenth Doctor agreed, and he set his armful of supplies down.

“So, Doctor, how are we going to get rid of these things?” Donna asked, eyeing the cubes and wires skeptically.

“Well, I was thinking-”

“We could reverse the polarity of the neutron flow,” the third Doctor interrupted.

“There is no such thing!” groaned the tenth Doctor. “Neutrons are neutral. There’s no polarity to reverse! Why did I always say that when I know it’s completely impossible?” The third Doctor frowned, horribly disappointed.

“It was just an idea,” he said. “Always worked for me.”

“Doctor? What’s happening to the lights?” Donna asked worriedly. The three looked up and saw that the lights were flickering.

“You’re not looking at the statues, are you,” asked the tenth Doctor.

“Neither are you two,” added Donna. They turned to the statues. They had morphed into terrifying monsters; mouths open wide, sharp teeth showing, and closer than they were. One of the statues had its arm outstretched, pointing at the lights. It began to flicker like mad.

“They’re trying to shut down the power,” the tenth Doctor observed.

“Looks like they’re turning out the lights!” Donna squeaked. The light flickered, and went out for only a moment, and came back on again. The statues had advanced, arms outstretched, snarling evilly.

“Ever had a moment when you’re so scared you can’t move?” the tenth Doctor asked.

“What do you do then?” Donna replied, skin growing pale.

“I run,” he grinned, and bolted from the scene. The third Doctor followed suit. Donna slowly edged away, trying to keep the angels frozen for as long as possible, then ran. The light flickered for the last time, and went out.


© 2011 ~goh~


Author's Note

~goh~
Gah! The angels are loose in the TARDIS! They don't just have they phone box, they're in it!
Kudos to those who spotted the classic Pertwee line :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wicked chapter!!! Loved it.... again..... Sweet the angles are chasing the doctor IN the TARDIS!!!! this is awesome!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay!~ Great chapter. There was some small bits of Doctor/Donna which you might have not intended but it happened anyway. So I was in my glory, as I usually am in Doctor/Donna stories.
HOLYCRAPTHATWASGOOD.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"I run"? True that!
-laughs evilly-
My weeping angels are doing everything perfectly. :D Awesome chapter. No one ever suspects the statues...do they?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011


Author

~goh~
~goh~

Where I go, there I may be, MD



About
Hello. I go by ~goh~, 'cause it sounds awesome. Yeah. :3 I am a girl that loves to write. And I'm an exteremely obsessive Whovian. Please do enjoy my writing; it is meh LIFE. Well, not really, but.. more..

Writing
A Piece of Sky A Piece of Sky

A Poem by ~goh~


Pathway Poems Pathway Poems

A Poem by ~goh~