Chapter 1-Bella's POV

Chapter 1-Bella's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

      Bella's POV-

 

I stared out the window in the bedroom of our cottage. Peering far out into the forest, I spotted them, using their laughter as a map. They were running, her on his furry back, almost home. It was raining out, but not too breezy. I sighed. I watched as Jake shifted back to human, his hair and bare chest dripping wet. Nessie was close behind, a big smile on her face. Only five years after her birth, yet she looked and acted the equivalence of a girl around the age of thirteen or fourteen. Yet she was far too advanced in her knowledge to be so young.

“We’re home!”, Jacob shouted, shaking his head furiously in an attempt to dry it.

I wrinkled my nose and gave him a small grin.

“Ugh, wet dog”, I noted.

He gave a small laugh, and just as abruptly, his smile turned into a frown and he rolled his eyes.

“Gotta go”, he said.

Nessie placed her palm on his neck, her expression pleading.

“Don’t go”, she whispered.

“I have to, honey”, he whispered back, leaning in closer.

I huffed, and he quickly turned around, a sheepish look on his face.

“See ya, Nessie”, he called, dashing into the forest.

Renesmee waved back, standing in the doorway and watching even after he was clearly out of sight.

“Nessie”, I said softly.

She turned, her quick movements graceful, and slammed the door shut.

‘Where’s Daddy?”, she asked, shaking her wet curls out the same way Jacob did.

“He went into town to pick up a present for Grandpa”, I said, running a finger through my daughter’s beautiful bronze curls. She was wearing a pale green silk dress, and matching flats. “Is that a new outfit?”, I noted, trying to make conversation.

She nodded, a grin filling her face.

“Aunt Alice got it for me yesterday. It’s for Grandpa Charlie’s party later.”

I sighed. Of course, she had to put it on two hours early to impress Jacob.

The thought made me shudder, which is odd, if you’re a vampire, like me. We’re never cold.

Nessie noticed, her chocolate brown eyes hinted me. But I pretended not to see it.

Renesmee looked as unbelievably beautiful as the first time I had held her, as a baby, if not more, but expressed it in a less childlike form now. Seeing her in “adult clothing”, the silk wrapped around her perfect, extra slender frame in a stylish way, made me a little nervous. She was almost fully matured, not only mentally, but physically. And it was hard to be prepared for all the things that would come with that new age. I’d only had five years to prepare. And though I didn’t sleep nights, it still came as a shock to me when Jacob displayed little tidbits of affection for my daughter. It was so weird to remember my blurry human days, when Jacob had done those things for me.

Just then, Edward came through the door, fashioning a jacket so he wouldn’t look too out of place in the town. In his hands were a giant box, wrapped up in silver wrapping paper and topped with a bow.

He gave me my favorite smile, and I dashed toward him like two magnets attracting. We kissed quickly, the big box in the way. He placed it on the floor gently, and sweeped me into his arms, then the same for Nessie.

He eyed her clothing.

Alice”, he said, giving a velvety chuckle.

“Do you like my dress?”, she asked him.

“Of course. It’s beautiful.”

“What’s in the box?”, she said.

“Your grandfather’s new HD TV”, he answered.

“He’s never going to leave that old couch of his now”, I joked.

“Good thing Carlisle and Esme got him a new one”, Edward noted, smiling.

I smiled back, shaking my head.

We decided to go out and hunt for an hour, and then head over to the Cullen’s house to set up for the party. Little did I know of Alice’s upcoming vision……

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Loved this !! :) :) Cant wait to read more !!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this! Only one suggestion, when you're wriing dialogue and you put a comma, it goes into the speech quotes.

"Good thing Carlisle and Esme got him a new one," Edward noted, smiling.
instead of:
"Good thing Carlisle and Esme got him a new one", Edward noted, smiling.

I really do like this so far, and I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm a huge fan of the Twilight saga, and I love reading fanfiction. Keep writing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


You know...I wasn't expected much when I started this, just because it was a sequel to Twilight and I've seen so many of those out there, but I have to say, this was REALLY good. You must have studied the characters in the original, because you've got great dialouge and you've preserved all the little mannerisms. I'm actually going to have to keep reading!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Danielle