Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Danielle

It’s been two days since I’ve seen Jake. We all know he won’t be able to stay away for long. But I think Mama’s hoping he’ll hold out to his fullest extent before coming back.
And sometimes, vampire’s emotions can be a little hard to control. But I’ve decided to talk to my mother about what happened. Maybe I can reason with her.
I crept out of my room, and made my way to my Mama and Daddy’s room. They were sitting on the bed, talking, using my name. They both looked up as I knocked politely on the already opened door.
“Come in, darling”, Mama said. I heard every word of their conversation, discussing what they were going to do about Jacob. Mama obviously knew I heard, but I don’t think she wanted to bring it up with me right now.
“I’m sorry about what happened”, I whispered.
“It’s not your fault, Renesmee”, Daddy said softly.
I shook my head.
“But it is my fault.” I protested.
Mama was about to disagree, but I stopped her.
“It is. I kissed him back”, I said quietly.
I looked down, ashamed.
Mama and Daddy exchanged a glance.
“But Jacob kissed you. He shouldn’t have done that. He should have known better”, Mama said, anger towards Jacob in her voice.
“We’re not mad at you, Renesmee, please don’t think that. Don’t effortlessly blame yourself for Jacob’s mistake”, Daddy added.
Mama nodded, holding her arms out to me.
I stood frozen, shaking my head. I couldn’t let this happen to Jake. I wanted to see him so badly. And I knew Jacob’s emotions were even more intense than mine.
“You don’t understand. I not only kissed him back. I liked it?”, I said, so scared to speak the truth, my words came out sounding more like a question.
Daddy chuckled.
“Renesmee, darling, you don’t have to be afraid to tell us. It’s only natural for you to have feelings for Jacob, you’ve known him all of your life.”
Mama sighed.
“I told you something was going to happen soon”, she teased Daddy.
“It was bound to happen eventually”, he said, giving Mama a kiss.
“Maybe I’m just not ready for you to grow up”, she sighed, running a hand through my hair.
Daddy shook his head.
“You get that trait from your mother, blaming yourself for another’s wrongdoing”, he told me.
Mama rolled her eyes at Daddy, and pulled me up into her arms.
“Does that mean Jacob can come back?”, I asked.
Mama smiled.
“The ban is officially over”, she joked.
Still in Mama’s arms, I reached out to Daddy, pulling us all into a hug.
Mama still looked a little nervous, though she was trying to hide it.
“Don’t worry Mama”, I assured her, “I won’t do it again until you tell me it’s okay. Does that make you feel better?”
She nodded, finally removing her mask of worry. Things definitely wouldn’t be quite the same once Jacob came back, but truthfully, I never regretted the kiss.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
but truthfully, I never regretted the kiss.



BAHAHA !! who would ?! :P

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle