Chapter 11-Renesmee's POV

Chapter 11-Renesmee's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

     Renesmee's POV

 

The ring was still outstretched toward me. It was beautiful, matched perfectly with our surroundings.

Jake took a deep breath, the ring shaking in his palm.

“Renesmee. Carlie. Cullen. The moment I stared into your eyes, you became my world. I couldn’t do anything without knowing you were safe, knowing you were protected. You became my life, you made me happy, for the first time in a long time. I want it to be that way forever, Nessie. I want you to be mine.”

An overwhelming sensation of emotion took over me. I honestly didn’t know how to answer him.

“Don’t cry, honey”, he said softly, gently wiping my cheeks dry with his palm.

“You make me happy too, Jacob”, I choked.

He smiled. This obviously pleased him.

“You know what I’m trying to do.”

I nodded.

“Then what do you say?”

“Jake, I-I don’t really know what to say. All I know is that you make me happy too. You’re my best friend, but more than that. I know this is what eventually ends up happening with the whole imprinting process. But-I mean-what will Mama and Daddy say? They’ll hate you, Jacob. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want you to go away again.”

He stared into my eyes, and sighed.

“They wouldn’t hate me, Nessie. They’d understand. When two people are in love, it’s a horrible thing to keep them away from each other.”

He pointed his head out beyond the fog, and I followed his gaze. Mama and Daddy stared back at us. They looked worried.

“They just need to know that you feel the same way. Do you?”

“Of course!”, I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck. I quickly returned to my prior position, when I realized my parents were still watching, waiting for my response as was Jacob.

“This is all so sudden”, I breathed.

He nodded.

“I know. And I’m sorry about that. It’s just-I’m not the only one who loves you so much.”

I stared back confused.

“About two weeks ago, after you fell asleep, the fortune tel-I mean Alice saw something that kinda freaked me out.”

“What did she see?”

“She saw you talking with that kid who’s like you. Half-vamp.”

“She saw me talking with Nahuel?”

He nodded.

Nahuel and Hulien along with the other vampires who had helped saved my life from the Volturi a few years back came to visit sometimes. Last time I saw Nahuel was last year, around my birthday. We had a great time, we talked, and I learned a lot about him.

“Jacob, Nahuel is my friend. He comes to visit sometimes. I don’t think it’s anything for you to worry about.”

He still looked upset.

“Not only that, but also what you said to me before I kissed you. You said, “I don’t know what I’d do without you, Jake.”

I don’t know why exactly, but it filled my head with horrible thoughts. What if we somehow become separated? I mean, it’s just so…hard. Y’know, to avoid thoughts of kissing you, of…”

I stared up at Jacob as his voice trailed off.

“How about this. I tell Mama and Daddy that I feel the same way as you. That I do want to kiss you back, not just to make you happy, and that I feel I am ready for this kind of treatment. I’m just not ready for marriage.”

He stared back at me, his eyes less dark, less upset.

“Wow Nessie. Maybe you are smarter than me.”

I laughed. He joined in, and took my arm. Jake gazed down at my wrist, at the Promise Bracelet he’s given me when I was just a baby, a child.

And very carefully, he placed the ring upon my finger.

“I want you to wear this. Just to remember you’re still mine, that it will happen one day.”

I turned the ring around on my finger. It was a little loose, but tight enough so that it wouldn’t fall off.

I smiled.

“Let’s just hope your Dad’s already explaining this to your Mom. Wouldn’t want trouble”, he said, grabbing my hand.

I smiled up at him, tall and muscular. He was still huge compared to me, looking more like he could me my parent than my boyfriend, but I didn’t care. As we walked closer to my parents, I had a feeling everything would turn out okay.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1703 Views
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle