Chapter 5-Renesmee's POV

Chapter 5-Renesmee's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

 

                   Renesmee’s POV

 

“Renesmee, look what I designed for you!”, Aunt Alice exclaimed.

I waited for the two seconds it took her to retrieve my new clothing, all wrapped up in a gift bag. I anxiously tore it open, knowing it would take hardly any time to clean it up.

A light yellow cotton dress with little amber crystal flowers came into view.

I used my gift to tell her what I thought of it.

Oh, thank you, Aunt Alice! It’s absolutely dazzling!

My aunt laughed her high, clear laugh, and embraced me in a tight hug.

Forgetting my hand was still on her neck, I thought about what Jake would think when he saw me in this new outfit.

Alice rolled her eyes and shook her head, smiling.

“It’s a real good thing your mother didn’t see that”, she joked, dancing down the stairs.

I quickly changed into my new dress, and flounced downstairs.

“Don’t you look pretty!”, Aunt Rosalie exclaimed.

My Uncle Emmett held out his arms next to her, and I took a leap through the air. I embraced the feeling of the wind in my hair for the next three seconds, and landed gently in his arms.

“How’s my favorite niece doing today?”, he asked.

I laughed, and put my palm on his neck.

I’m your only niece, first of all. And I’m exactly the same as I was yesterday!

He gave a loud chuckle, then twirled me around and set me down. I stared towards the door. If I had been using my gift right now, they probably would’ve heard something like this: Jacob, Jacob, oh WHEN is Jacob going to be here?

Anyway, while I stood by the door, Daddy was playing Mama another song. It was so beautiful, I decided to join them. Mama sat next to Daddy on the piano bench. I took a seat in her lap and watched as the piano keys swiftly moved and created a song.

We all listened in awe and when the song was over, I wrapped my arms around Daddy’s neck, telling him how I felt.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. Mama liked it too. She leaned over, and they shared a kiss.

“You know, Renesmee’s doing brilliantly in piano lessons”, Aunt Rose commented in the background. Daddy smiled, raising his eyebrows.

“Let’s hear a selection, Renesmee”, he said, placing me at the center of the piano.

Mama gave me a smile, encouraging me on.

I took a deep breath, and started to play a song that I had wrote myself. Although the piece was at a very fast speed, I felt each individual key under my fingertips as I continued on. The song became a lot slower, and I expertly plucked down on the last note so the song faded away. The response was a booming applause.

“Go Nessie!”, I heard someone yell.

I spun around at the sound of the loud, husky voice I had memorized in my thoughts. Everyone laughed as I eagerly leaped off the piano bench and into his waiting arms.

I flushed, my cheeks becoming two shades darker.

“Mind if I borrow Nessie?”, he asked.

Mama first noticed my pleading stare, then turned to Jake, who waited just as eagerly for a response.

“Say hi to the rest of the pack for me”, she said, whisking us off with her hand and a smile.

Jake grinned, and phased right there in the living room. I saw Aunt Rose roll her eyes. She’s not too fond of Jake’s absence of manners sometimes.

I hopped on his back, and he bounded out through the open window, running swiftly through the nearby trees where the rest of his pack waited. I threw my hands up in the air and closed my eyes. I loved the exhilaration. Jake howled, the sound echoing off every tree. A bunch of howls were heard to the east, and we continued until we were greeted by Sam and the others.

Sam’s wife, Emily, who I had met at their wedding three years ago sat on his back. She got that from me.

“Hey Nessie, I’ve talked Sam into taking a break and racing today!”, she told me.

The giant russet wolf underneath me curved his mouth upward into a smile, showing off rows of sharp, gleaming white teeth. Jake loved to race.

“On your mark, get set, go!”, I shouted.

Jake bolted so fast, if felt as if we were catching up with the echo of my high pitched yell.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Jake bolted so fast, if felt as if we were catching up with the echo of my high pitched yell - nice comparison !!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

941 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle