Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Danielle

We all boarded onto the first class section of the plane. It was a comfortable setting; spacious seats and theatre systems all around. Edward, Renesmee, Jacob, Alice, Jasper and I all sat in one row. Behind us were Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, Esme, Seth, and Leah. Leah sat quietly on the end seat, looking annoyed . Seth and Jacob had dragged her along with us to try and rid her of the depressing mood that had come since Sam and Emily’s wedding. Sam and the rest of the pack had insisted on staying in Washington, in case of any unexpected trouble.

“We will be landing in approximately three hours”, the woman on the intercom announced.

“Yeah, Italy!”, Emmett shouted.

We all laughed, a couple of people next to us even joined in and shouted.

It was a clear, warm day and the view out the window was picturesque.

A few minutes later the steward arrived with out food. After he left, we all piled our trays on Jake and Seth’s lap.

All of a sudden, Edward leaned over to me and grabbed my face softly, pressing his lips to mine.

We slowly pulled apart, and smiled, breathless.

“What was that for?”, I breathed.

“That man to your left was starting to get on my nerves”, he whispered.

I rolled my eyes, smiling.

“And have you not noticed the woman who keeps running up to the front for extra silverware?” I whispered back.

He smiled an angel’s smile, running a hand through his tousled bronze hair.

“I guess I was paying attention to someone else”, he said in a symphonic velvety tone.

I smiled back, reaching in for another kiss. I ran my fingers through his hair and sighed at his honey and lilac sun scent.

He wore a light gray short sleeved shirt and tie, paired with black pants and leather shoes, a light grey jacket on top. I had chosen a matching grey shirt paired with a deep purple satin skirt and matching headband. Alice had lent me her silver stilettos. I’d only agreed to wear them because we were going to an occasion. But Alice had made sure the entire Cullen family wore something fashionable. She had gone all out on herself, a bright yellow flouncy dress with a red belt and high heeled red designer shoes. Along with that was a scarf tied perfectly around her neck, and dangling red earrings which matched the frames of her giant sunglasses. She looked like some sort of movie star. In fact, we all did, as I looked around at my family. I laughed to myself as I gazed over the wolves’ outfits. She’s gotten to them too. Renesmee was wearing a silver sweater dress, silver flats and gold earrings. I crossed my legs unnecessarily, and stared up at the ongoing movie.

“Have you picked a date for the dance yet?”, Edward whispered in my ear.

I nodded, smiling, as I remembered back to my first year at Forks High School.

“Well, there was this one guy. But I haven’t asked him yet”, I said, playing along with his game, my voice sounding smooth and seductive.

“Go ahead, I’m sure he’ll say yes”, he said.  His face was so beautiful, I couldn’t look away.

“Would you like to dance with me?” I whispered.

“Of course”.

We all continued to chat until the plane finally landed.

“Remember the plan”, Edward whispered to everyone.

They all nodded. The Volturi wouldn’t get away with anything. We weren’t just some large coven. We were the Cullens, a family, who loved and cared for one another. And that was why the Volturi would never win. I easily grabbed my luggage from the carousel, and joined the rest of my family, feeling confident and ready for anything.

 

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
“Yeah, Italy!”, Emmett shouted .. haha I love Emmet .. Italy's such a beautiful place.. No wonder he's cheering ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle