Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Danielle

 

 

Almost midnight, we were all spread apart in the living room. Alice was already planning Renesmee’s sixth birthday; decorating for Charlie had put her in a wild designing mood.

Rosalie and Emmett, and Carlisle and Esme stared half heartedly at the TV, and Edward, Renesmee, Jacob and I were by the piano, listening to a new masterpiece.

 As the light, happy music softly echoed through the spacious room, I thought back to the party. Everything had gone as planned. Alice picked up Charlie from his house, and as soon as he’d walked through the door we all shouted “Happy Birthday!”, a chorus.

I’d laughed to myself as Charlie stood awkwardly near the door, looking down and blushing. My dad and I had very alike personalities. And so, of course, when the time came for presents, he displayed the same feelings towards expensive gifts as I did. I held my breath as he ripped the wrapping paper off the smaller presents, never forgetting of the incident that had left me a zombie for so many months. I cringed, and tried to wipe that out of my head. Luckily though, Charlie wasn’t as much a klutz as I had once been, and the evening was not nearly as disastrous. After he left, I found myself breathing a sigh of relief that he was finally used to our lifestyle. Well, as used to it as he might ever be.

The song picked up speed, swiftly jerking to a stop. Nessie and Jake clapped, and I took a seat on the bench to congratulate the composer my own way. I could never get used to being a vampire, even after five years of eighteen year old immortality. I threw myself at Edward, and we both crashed to the floor. But that didn’t stop us. Edward grabbed my arms tight, and moved his lips down my jaw, through my hair.

I could clearly hear the clearing of throats and the bell like giggling coming from behind us. But I really didn’t care. Every touch was a spark, a wave of emotion inside me that left me wanting more. That is, until I realized my daughter was still in the room. I resentfully pulled myself away from Edward, and we both stood up. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I put mine around his. Not able to help ourselves, we kissed again. Remembering everyday that I was with Edward forever, that we would never age another day, was enough to drive me insane with wanting more and more of him. And I knew he felt the same way too as we continued to kiss.

Before I knew it, the time had sped by and it was after three in the morning. Jake and Nessie were asleep on the couch, Nessie clinging tight to his bare chest. She’d done it since she was a baby, but now that she was getting older, I was getting more and more worried. And as if my worries weren’t bad enough, the shocking truth that had just developed in my mind was even worse. In a little over two years, Renesmee will have physically reached full maturity, and her body will be frozen forever. It won’t be able to change. The thought near sent me into a full blown panic attack. It was a really good thing I had spent a little time in front of the mirror, trying to compose my face to fit whatever emotion I wanted it to. Of course, it was easier to do that once my eyes had lightened to a dark gold color. They looked a lot more natural now, felt right. But then I noticed Edward looking down at me, a questioning look on his face. “Damn”, I muttered, sucking in a sharp breath.

“What’s wrong?”, he asked, now a little worried.

I motioned my gaze to the couch, and he lit up with some understanding.

“Don’t worry, just be thankful you’re blocked off from Jacob’s dreams.”

I shuddered, not even able to imagine what goes on in there.

I sighed. Maybe I was just putting too much stress on myself. Everything has just been so happy and easy lately, my brain probably wasn’t used to it. I was just about to wake up Jake, to carry Renesmee home with us, when Edward froze in my arms. He glanced sharply over to Alice, who was frozen as well.

“What is it?”, I asked, knowing perfectly well she had just had a vision.

Alice’s tiny face looked scared, almost as if she couldn’t make up her mind.

“What’s wrong?”

Again, nobody responded to my question. The rest of the Cullens looked up then, as did I, as the sound of a car coming off the freeway and making its way up to the house filled our ears.

Edward looked at me now.

“Bella, it’s your friend Angela.”

Now I froze.

“Angela? What are we going to do?”, I asked.

I panicked as I heard the echo of her footsteps as she walked slowly up to the front door. She waited a couple of seconds before taking a deep breath, and ringing the doorbell.

“Go upstairs”, Edward told me. I nodded, first rushing over to tap Jacob. He jumped up at the cold touch of my skin.

Once upstairs, I heard Carlisle swing the door open and welcome Angela.

“Hi Edward, hi Alice, I haven’t seen you in so long!”, she gushed.

By the sound of her speeding heartbeat, she was nervous.

I wanted to go downstairs and welcome my nicest, most caring friend from my days back at Forks High School, but if she saw me like this…

That couldn’t happen. It would put all of us in danger. And all the Volturi needed to grace our presence was something to go wrong. I quickly headed to the bathroom, and pulled opened the large cabinet filled to the rim with expensive make ups from all over the world. I applied a foundation to my skin, which made it seem a little less pale, and a touch of blush to bring back a natural color to my cheeks. My eyes were okay, I decided. But there was no way she was not going to recognize a difference. As I stole another glance in the mirror, I still saw a stunningly beautiful vampire staring back at me. But the make up did help. After adding a little color to my lips, I decided that this was probably as human as I’d ever look, and took my place near the head of the stairs, listening to Alice stalling Angela, babbling on about colleges.

“I think I’m ready”, I whispered so low that it would be completely inaudible to Angela.

“Whenever you’re ready”, I heard Edward whisper back.

And with my cue, I slowly and gracefully made my way down the stairs.



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
a
"Don’t worry, just be thankful you’re blocked off from Jacob’s dreams.” This made me laugh a lot. This is so Edward.lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
"Don’t worry, just be thankful you’re blocked off from Jacob’s dreams.”
haha,, !! good one !!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle