Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Danielle

Jacob and I stood next to each other in silence. His lip twitched, wanting to say something, but then re-deciding it.

Mama was still upset at Jake, but she agreed to go to his house and talk to him.

I don’t know what they said, but since Jake has come back he’s been very…careful around me.

We both stared at the TV, sitting on Grandpa Charlie’s couch. I knew Mama brought us here on purpose, she knew I wouldn’t let Jacob try anything funny, especially here.

Occasionally, I stole a glance at Jacob, and I caught him doing the same to me. Whenever that happened, we both looked down quickly. I saw that his eyebrows were mashed together tight, and his hand was in a bit of a fist. I had to end this uncomfortable feeling.

“Jake”.

He slowly turned my way, his expression remaining the same.

I took a deep breath.

“We need to talk. Please”, I pleaded.

He started to lean in and whisper something to me, but then pulled back.

“Not here”, he whispered, his eyes once again glued on the TV. We’d both stared at the screen for the past hour, Daddy to my right, also pretending to watch. Mama and Charlie were talking in the kitchen, where Mama was preparing him food.

I love coming to visit Grandpa Charlie, but today, I was glad when we finally left. I could let my tight muscles relax.

We all got out of Daddy’s Volvo, Jake and I trailing behind as my parents entered the main house. I was about to step foot in the door, when suddenly a hot hand grabbed my arm, and pulled me the other way.

“C’mon”, Jake urged.

We ran together until we were right by the edge of the lake, and he placed me atop a flat rock. He kneeled down next to me.

“By now your dad know what I’m doing, and I don’t know how he’s going to take it!”, he said swiftly, his words mixing together, yelling over the breeze.

It was very windy near the water, and our hair was blowing all over the place.

I stared back in confusion.

But Jacob was looking past me, past anything in particular. I recognized the intense look on his face from before, when we’d…

“Jake, what are you doing?!”, I yelled back. I don’t really know why we were yelling, since we both had extremely good hearing. I guess it just sort of fit the mood.

He didn’t answer me. I noticed his hand fumbling around in the right pocket of his loose jeans.

When he pulled it out, slowly, I gasped.

I saw the object he was holding out towards me clearly, of course. But I couldn’t comprehend it at first. I didn’t know what to do, what to say. I was just so very confused, my mind felt jumbled. All I saw was Jacob. All I knew was Jacob. And I was faced with the strangest and most difficult decision of my life. What should I say, what should I do?

The object, was a silver, pearl encrusted band.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Oooooohhh... !!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle