Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Danielle

We didn’t bother wait for the Volturi to return. Instead, Edward had written a short note explaining our current situation briefly. We were on the plane, traveling towards Jacksonville in our haste to rearrange my mother’s future.

Everyone was silent, Alice contemplating further events, Jasper releasing a low calming effect over me. Emmett and Rosalie stared vaguely into space, Carlisle and Esme’s hands interlocked. I glanced over to my daughter. She was asleep next to me. So was Jacob, his head leaning towards hers. I quietly lifted her hand up, placing it gently against my cheek. It was warm, but the temperature had decreased since her birth. I concentrated on her dreams, a violation I desperately needed at the moment. I would take anything to whisk my mind away from reality.

My mind was suddenly in Forks, the scenery pure white all around and breathtakingly beautiful. Viewing the fantasy through Renesmee’s eyes, I suddenly felt nervous, afraid. She was in a white gown, a wedding gown. But I could sense her uneasiness. I slowly replaced her hand in her lap as images of Jacob floated blindly around in her head.

Edward put his arm around me, and brushed his lips across my neck.

“Thanks. I needed that”, I sighed, worry still clearly dissolving into my composure.

“My pleasure”, he murmured, his lips moving up to my jaw.

My eyes rolled back a little as I struggled to keep my cool.

“Renesmee isn’t happy”, I pointed out, my worries escaping.

“She’s just a little startled over the rapid progression of her and Jacob’s relationship”, he explained.

By the flawless symphony of Edward’s voice, I could tell he predicted everything would turn out fine.

And why shouldn’t it? Through all the chaos we’d survived in the past, how could I not look forward to a happy ending? It was almost predictable. So why couldn’t I force myself to believe it?

We arrived in Jacksonville late the next day. People curiously turned their heads to see the only eight residents of Florida dressed up in scarves, gloves, long sleeves and thick glasses. Jake in jean shorts and Nessie in a pastel sundress walked beside us, arm in arm, as we made our way to the hotel.

“C’mon Ness, stay with me. I’ll spare you the embarrassment”, Jake joked.

I normally would have rolled my eyes at his silly little comments, but I just wasn’t in the mood.

“Did you catch a glimpse of Renee while we were on the plane?”, I asked Alice while handing my credit card over to the concierge.

“Thankfully, none of her plans for today include swimming, so we should be fine for now”.

“Mama, what will we tell Grandma Renee about me?’, she asked.

That was another problem. My mother would definitely notice a distinction between Renesmee’s picture from last year and now. She had aged another two years since then.

“First let’s worry about getting to her in time”, I resolved.

We had plenty of time to figure out our stories later, being vampires, it would probably only take a second.

Once settled in, I sulked, proceeding over to the window to clear my mind. I groaned. This window happened to have a beautiful ocean view.

I winded the dark wine drapes tight, sending an aura of darkness upon us once again.

From behind me, I heard the doorknob lock. Edward gave me the most beautiful smile, my favorite smile, his eyes a dark gold. He dashed over to my side in an instant, murmuring velvet into my ear.

“We will save your mother in time.”, he urged.

I opened my lips, ready to speak, but he placed his finger gently between them.

“Seems to me someone could use a distraction”, he said, in a very seducing manner.

“If you don’t mind”, I whispered back, hypnotized by his angel’s face, his perfect body. I had the sudden urge to remove the clothes covering them up, to admire the sculpted, chiseled body that perfected Edward in almost unimaginable ways.

“On the contrary. I’d be happy to oblige.”

I nearly screamed as Edward knocked me to the floor, shaggy pink carpet underneath us. Easily, our clothes were ripped to pieces, and my worries were nearly forgotten.



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
oh I hope they save her

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle