Chapter 33-Nahuel's POV

Chapter 33-Nahuel's POV

A Chapter by Danielle

         Nahuel's POV

 

His harsh footsteps echoed nearer and nearer, closing around me.

“Nahuel, come!”, he ordered sharply as he passed me by.

Reluctantly, I followed.

We made our way through the tropical setting of the Amazon, until we reached an empty cave.

I felt his stony hand thrust me forward until we peered at each other through a new, darker light.

“What do you want from me, Joham?”

“Is that any way to talk to your father?”, he asked, unusually soft.

“You are no father to me!”, I spat back, turning my head towards the floor.

In an instant he seized my jaw with a vice-like grip, and snapped my head up towards him.

I struggled to keep my eyes fixed somewhere else; anywhere else.

“You had better begin to follow my orders, Nahuel. Your blood may not be quite as appealing as human, but it is still blood”, he murmured sickeningly into my ear.

“You value my life too much to simply dispose so swiftly of it.”

He didn’t answer, just glared my way. To me, my father’s eyes seemed a more frightening crimson than anyone else I had known.

“Listen! You will begin on your trip today and fetch me the girl.”

“What girl?”, I lied.

Joham gave an angry growl, tiger-like, then quickly quieted himself, pausing to make sure nobody had been eavesdropping.

“Why must you be so stubborn! Your sisters, they are no trouble to work with. They follow my orders. But unfortunately, it must be you who goes to get the child.”

I sighed. Joham had piled orders onto me for the past three years. Although I ultimately had no choice of the matter, I enjoyed making it difficult. It was the only sense of independence left of me.

“I suggest you start on your way now”, he spoke.

Two seconds later, he was gone.

I held out as long as possible, sitting down upon the dirt floors of the small cave.

I wished there was someone I could talk to. To engage in conversation with. My sisters had been kind to me, as long as I had followed orders. And yet, I was older than every one of them. It angered me to have no say in anything. Of course, what my fath- what Joham was doing; I didn’t want any part of it.

I wanted him dead. Every time I was forced to peer his way, I imagined his limbs torn apart, roasting silently in the fire. Such a fine way to let him die, to be defeated by such a mere substance.

He did not care for anyone but himself. Selfish fool.

 He could have saved my mother.

I had seen true proof of such an instance once before. It was possible, but only for those who shared a connection, a love strong enough and powerful enough to compel them. But humans, they mean nothing to him. I have watched the horror more than once. He draws them in, fake feelings visible to someone like me. But to the humans, most humans, they only see the face. Everything else goes numb and they let themselves be drawn in by our sickening beauty.

This is how he kills them. Even when merely hunting for a quick replenish of thirst, he seems to find it amusing to lure the poor women in.

It disgusts me.

But there was no other option remaining.

 He had already destroyed the most important pieces of me.

I often thought of Hulien. She alone had taught me, raised me. I had known her from the very moment I had been created, and along with that, had taken responsibility for her downfall.

Hulien was truly not a vampire. Not in my eyes. I, in fact was the one who had turned her into the very creature she despised. Not purposely, of course. If I, as a newborn child, had known of my aunt’s true nature, she would never have been tangled up in this world. She never deserved the misfortune that was placed on her, from the beginning of her venomous new life, to its contingent end.

“Nahuel!”, I heard him call once again, sharply.

I sighed.

I had no other choice. I must obey.

 



© 2010 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dev
Ahh... he must be ordered to get Nessie .. or who knows what ?!!!! Cant wait to read more :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 19, 2010


Author

Danielle
Danielle

About
My name is Danielle, and I love to write, act and draw. I hope to become an established member here on Writer's Cafe :) more..

Writing
Dreamer Dreamer

A Poem by Danielle


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Danielle