Slow Dance Into The Dark

Slow Dance Into The Dark

A Poem by Giulia King

I think I see you everywhere.
From the color of your hair,
to the color of your eyes.
As we slow dance into the dark. 
I can feel his heartbeat, it beats for me. 
. . . 
There wasn’t anyone else in her mind or in her eyes. 
He was everywhere.
"I have to let you go" she said.
"But I'm not ready just yet." 
"Let go, and know that I will always be here, 
waiting for you to slow dance with me once more." he said.
"People will come and go out of my life, 
but you, you are constant. 
The only star in my life."
He gave her a smile she will never forget. 
. . . 
As she lets go of his hands she suddenly feels the cold tugging on her.
"Maybe eventually everything will get better.
I just can’t wait for it.
She says as she looks up at the night sky. 

© 2017 Giulia King


Author's Note

Giulia King
a work in progress.

(Congratulations!
Your poem Slow Dance Into The Dark has been awarded 1st Place in the Explain Coping writing contest.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful dilemma. The choice becomes even tougher when the heart speaks so many things at the same time. I enjoyed reading it very much.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading! :)
This is a beautiful emotion you have expressed in this piece. You should really expand this bad boy, it feels more like fiction to me... or maybe I just want it to be. Nice emotion to expand upon, for sure. And emotion is one of the main reasons we bother to read. If your characters are all flat your story will never get off the ground, but this shows you've got a very special thing a lot of people who want to write, don't have, and that is grasp over depth of human emotion and the ability to evoke it. ;) Good job pulling the strings..
..Misty

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Oh wow thank you so much for your lovely words! It really means a lot to me. A million thanks Misty .. read more
M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

You are very welcome. :)
philosophically deep, & romantic poetry you dripped down. kinda interesting to read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


We see them in the eyes of strangers... In a remembered laugh, or a forgotten turn of the words that seems familiar. Sometimes it is a remembered scent... A familiar taste... It is amazing how many things can trigger the memory of a loved one whom is no longer present, be they among the living, or passed on to the next life. It is part of the human condition is it not?

Thank you for your beautiful words of remembrance.
Wolf ,'', ^@@^ ,'',

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your lovely words! you wrote an excellent poem there :)
Wolf_Lord

7 Years Ago

hmmm... there's a thought... lol. that was just off the cuff, but once a poet always a poet I guess... read more
Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Exactly! I enjoyed reading it haha
Excellent. I enjoyed the shift from first to third person. It gave me the sense that the writer wanted the reader to know for sure that this is not story-telling but rather a reflection.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote this! Thank you for understanding!
Wondering Mind

7 Years Ago

:) you're welcome
I liked the sense of mystery and the picture of the slow dance. The parting is painful and the sudden switch to cold like a draft from an open door. The final expression of hope is typical... 'hope springs eternal in the human breast'.

A moving and pleasing read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

I'm happy that there's still hope. Thank you so much Jibey!
YES!!!! That flows much better! Very smooth!
It leaves me wondering what happen to him or what's wrong. Are they fighting or is he sick?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Yaaay thank you!! I'm so happy that you like it! When I wrote this I thought about them fighting. Bu.. read more
Tabby Mac

7 Years Ago

Yes I like that thought even better!! Great piece!!
Letting go of the person we love, who has a deeper meaning in our life is never easy, it breaks our every inch and I can hear the sound of tears inside her heart, but I can see the hope in hear heart with it too... A beautiful write which speaks of the pain of letting go...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

So true. Sad situations turn into beautiful poetry.. Thank you so much!
I see your note a work in progress, and I think that it is already well crafted. The way it ends is masterfully crafted.
-Tyler


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1436 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2016
Last Updated on March 27, 2017

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..