Up The hill

Up The hill

A Chapter by Maybe Lina
"

Chapter 7 *no description needed*

"

The bandit and the lady met the second day as promised, this time she let him choose what should they do. After thinking thoughtfully about it he decided to take her to a hill in the kingdom that was high enough for the two to see even beyond it.


“Are you sure you want to come here instead of going around again?”


“Of course~”


With that the two made their way up the hill, Lilian had a bit of trouble walking up in her shoes, she would have wore others if she knew she was going to do that much walking. She’d try to act brave and ignore the pain while walking “Lady Like” Or whatever everyone called it. It was uncomfortable and she would take off her shoes and walk on the grass, except for the fact she feel weird without them on. Meanwhile, the bandit walked uphill with no trouble at all, he have spent his childhood coming here with his parents and Nana, who was the one who would make it all the way up before them. He would keep running around until he lose his breath and lay on his back panting heavily.


“H-how much longer are we going to walk?” She asked, a bit out of breath.


“About fifteen minute walk?” He assumed without looking back at her. She then lat out a small cry of boredom and stretched her hands up into the air before making herself fall on the grass.


“Can we please take a break? My legs are hurting me!” She whined and he chuckled and nodded, sitting down as well.


He looked at her shoes and laughed, “your shoes are not for walking.” He stated.


Lilian looked up at him and glared, “I never knew that, thank you…” She pouted and laid back down, closing her eyes. The sun was coming on her face and made her uncomfortable. She have never liked it, it would always make her skin hot and red while she liked it cold and white. She sat up, waning to ask Drake a question but saw him looking away. She could have swore she saw him looking away when she sat up. She giggled and rolled on her front, playing with the grass between her fingers and smiled. “It feels great~”


“Don’t tell me you never felt grass before?”


“Well, excuse me, sir. My tutors would make me write five essays in one night if I did some this so commoner like....” She emphasized commoner and said it in the way you'll here the middle aged high class woman speak in and sighed.


He blinked at her and nodded, understanding. “Life isn’t that fun in the castle?”


“Fun?” She turned to him. “To have people look after you the whole day as a child but is expected to be perfect at everything in the same time isn’t really what fun mean… I know it because I had to write the definition of fun a hundred time once when I was seven…”


“But you are perfect..” He mumbled to himself and prayed she didn’t hear it. She was blowing grass that she snatched from the ground and giggling, seeming more of a child than a grown woman like the day before. He found himself watching her again, just the sight of her enjoying gave him joy for a reason he didn’t fully understand. Drake caught himself before she did and stood up. “Let’s go, we have a long way up.”


Lilian pouted and sat up in an annoyed manner, “I don’t want to walk…It’s too far…”


“Didn’t you say you want to see the kingdom?”


“Yes, but…My feet hurt…” When she said that he sighed and walked to her, stretching his arm. She looked at him and sighed as she reached for it.


He then pulled her fast and somehow manged to place her on his back. “Hold on to me or you’ll fall.” He ordered and tried not to laugh from the confused expression she’s making. “If we’re to take you up and bring you back home without losing your feet, we have to be careful not to harm you, right?”


“If it’s that then it’s alright…” She held on to him from the back and blushed. “Thank you.”


The walk up the hill was three minutes longer than what the bandit assumed earlier but it is reasonable with the fact that he is carrying her on his back. They didn’t talk while he walked them up, not finding a subject to discuss to pass the time. The blue eyed man placed Lilian down under a tree’s shadow and sat near her with a little more than a foot between them, not wanting to invade more personal space. The sun was now in the middle of the sky but there were few clouds that covered it and brought some cold breeze with it that made the day more enjoyable to Lilian. She leaned on the tree and fixed her eyes on her new friend as she searched for a subject to break the awkward silent. She saw him looking around and smiling to himself, clearly this place brought some memories to him. That was a place to start.


“You’ve been here before, right?”


The words cut his train of thought and he turned to her emotionless for few moments before nodding. “Yes,”


She smiled, “when did you last come here?”


Again, he took a moment before answering, “a while.”


Lilian looked at him then away, it seemed as if he didn’t want to talk and dropped it. He glanced at her for few seconds before sighing and started speaking.


“I used to come here with my parents when I was young…” He looked again at her then up at the sky. “We would come here in the spring and race with my father, he’d let me beat him but he’d never admit it. In the summer we would put our stuff here then go downhill to a small lake that used to be down there. Fall was my favorite because the leaves would fall down into a big pile and I would jump on them and play…Of course, I would have leaves stuck in my hair and my mom would make me go home early to bathe.” He chuckled at the memory and continued. “Winter is very snowy here as you may know and I would play with it and throw it at my dad’s back…" While telling her about his summer childhood days he was re-imagining those happy days and his lips formed a half smile. He could have kept going for a bit longer but Lilian, who was sitting next to him under the tree, leaned on his shoulder and closed her eyes. His ears turned pink and he stared at her, not knowing if he should disturb her by asking or just keep watching her. He decided to go with the second.


Her small pale hand found their ways to his rough one as she rested her head on him. He was going to pull it out from hers but she held it tighter. She looked up at him for a moment, her golden eyes sparkling and staring at his perfectly handsome face. She then blushed a little and smiled. "You know, we have something unfinished since last night..." She leaned closer to him and kept blushing more. He was turning red but leaned a little to met her lips. He wanted to kiss her, that was a fact, but he thought it might only make things worst for him. He would fall more for her and falling wasn't a good thing, and she would get into trouble if he did kiss her. It would mean for her to break more rules for his sake. With no desire, he pulled back and looked away.


"I'm sorry..." He said in a low tone as he kept looking away. He glanced back at her moments later to see how mad was she because of him. It was a rejection in a way and women, mostly high class like her, took it worst.


She was a bit offended, but it soon dropped and she smiled again and leaned on his shoulder with her little hand holding his. "It's alright, I suppose." She told him as she closed her eyes soon to be opened by the sound of explosions. "W-WHAT'S THAT?!" She yelled and held on to Drake's arm as she tried to look for the source of the noise.


Drake laughed and pointed down the other side of the hill beyond the part of the kingdom the high class lived in. "It's a carnival. I almost forgot about it~" He grinned. "Every year after the Grand Ball people would join together with music and dancing, food and wine would be served for all and rank would be forgotten here~" He glanced at it them his grin grew bigger. "Would you like to accompany me there?" He knew her answer without any further talking and they both made their way downhill.



© 2016 Maybe Lina


Author's Note

Maybe Lina
Sorry for posting late, I was a bit busy u3u;;

Drake and Nana are my friend's characters http://izaya-kaede.tumblr.com

The rest are mine unless stated otherwise.

Hope you like it and tell me if something is misspelled or wrongly written.

Also read it here http://akuma-drabbles.tumblr.com/post/69323845250/forbidden-lily-and-drake-au-chapter-7

Thank you~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

455 Views
Added on December 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 24, 2016
Tags: Drake Martinez, Forbidden, Lilian Akuma, AUish, Romance, story, chapter 7


Author

Maybe Lina
Maybe Lina

About
I love to write and share stories I make. I'm a big dork for lovey-dovey couples, cheesiness, cliche. but most of all, blood, death, drama and making my favorite characters suffer o3o I'll write a.. more..

Writing
BlackOut BlackOut

A Book by Maybe Lina


Blur Blur

A Chapter by Maybe Lina