Friend or Foe

Friend or Foe

A Chapter by Maybe Lina
"

Chapter 9? I guess so...

"

     A month passed since the incident that happened on the hill between the lady and the bandit. The bandit stayed home all morning, only leaving on the verge of darkness to hunt his prays and buy medicine and food for his grandmother. He avoided the corner where he used to meet Lilian and tried to not think about her. He was doing well on that until one day his grandmother opened the subject.


It was at dinner time, the two were eating and Drake was taking his bag to go to his so called work when she decided to ask."Have you been seeing your little lady friend? You seem a bit down for the last weeks..." She was worrying about him, he was happy, almost cheerful a month ago. But now he's worst than before, he haven't ate much, he stayed in his room all day and go out all night with no notice on where or why is he going.


Drake kept looking in his bag and putting stuff in, "I don't know, and I don't care anymore..." He said in a harsh tone and threw the bag down and leaned on his chair.


His grandmother looked at him and sighed, stubborn like his mom... She thought and smiled a little remembering her daughter. "I was just wondering... You seemed to be.. Happy, when you went out with her..." When she said that he shot an angry look at her and stood up fast, making the chair fall.


"Happy? HAPPY?! DO YOU MEAN I WASN'T HAPPY BEFORE?! I AM HAPPY AND NO RICH SPOILED GIRL LIKE THAT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY!" He took his bag and walked out of the house, not bothering to close the door behind him and letting cold breeze in. His grandmother sighed and stood up, warping a piece of cloth around her shoulders and walking to the door to close it.


"Excuse me, ma'am." A tall figure with a green cloak walked to the door right before the old woman closed it. "Can you tell me where's your grandson going?"


Nana looked up and opened the door a little more, "I..." She knew her grandchild was doing something, and she had the feeling it wasn't something he should. But whatever it is, if he's in trouble, she won't let her last member of her family be taking away from her. " I don't know... He never told me..."


The figure looked at her and smiled, taking off his hood and reveling his face, making the old woman eyes widened a little. "Ma'am, I only want to ask him something, please. It's an important matter..."


"I understand..." She looked down and sighed. "I am not sure, but I think he's going to the west part of the bridge." She smiled. "He always go there when he's angry or upset..."


The man smiled and placed his hood back on, "thank you, and I assure you your grandson won't be harmed by me in any way." He bowed a little and walked away, following the trail to the bridge.


She looked at the man walking until he was out of sight and closed the door, "I wonder what did that boy do to make someone like that to look for him..."


Several minutes later, the bandit made it to the western bridge, he jumped under it to a ditch like area and placed his bag on the ground and sat there. Way to spend the night... I can't even work from my great mood... He ground and took off his mask and held it in front of himself as he thought of how upset his grandmother would be now, or how disappointed in her grandson is she. Not like she's not already! He closed his eyes for a second but opened them instantly after hearing steps on the bridge above him, it was dark and no one come here except if they wanted trouble. The ground was wet from the rain falling on the last few weeks, "the sky is crying", or so her grandmother called it once. The steps seemed to stop half way and walk back to the edge. Drake herd a low metal sound clicking and stood up fast with his mask already on and a dagger in each hand. This is no coincidence, I knew I heard someone walking after me! He hid a bit in the shadow, waiting for his stalker to show himself before he attack.


When the other man walked down, Drake ran to him and pushed his against the wall, placing the dagger on his neck and growled with anger. "What do you want from me and who sent you?" His voice was thick and horrifying, and the growl made it worst.


The man in the clock, stared at the bandit with surprised eyes, this was not what he thought would happen, but he was prepared. The bandit stared at him with anger, waiting for him to attack back or struggle, the darkness was no help, for it hid the features of the man in front of him. After a moment of staring, his own eyes widened with the same surprise, noticing that the other man also had a dagger in his hand and against the bandit's neck.


"I only came to talk..." The cloaked man said in a calm voice and pulled back his dagger to throw it on the ground near his feet. "I won't harm you, I promise."


Drake glared and pushed the dagger more against the other man's throat. As if! He thought with anger and pulled his dagger back. "Then what is it that you want..." He hissed and kept his weapon visible for warning.


The other man looked at him and lift his hands up, Drake moved his dagger closer and the other man stopped. "Wait... I'm jus-"


Before finishing, Drake threw him to the side, making him fall under the light of the street lamps so he would see his face. He walked out after to see who the man was and stopped in shock.


The man looked up with his hood down now, reviling his shoulder length blond hair and his dark green eyes. "My name is Noxious Nicholas Akuma, you might know me as Lilian's cousin though."


The bandit kept staring at the man with wide eyes, not sure what to do or how to undo what he have done. Now you've done it, you tried to kill a royal...



© 2013 Maybe Lina


Author's Note

Maybe Lina
Drake is my friend's characters http://izaya-kaede.tumblr.com

The rest are mine unless stated otherwise.

Hope you like it and tell me if something is misspelled or wrongly written.

Also read it here http://akuma-drabbles.tumblr.com/post/70908232465/forbidden-lily-and-drake-au-chapter-9

Thank you~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
Added on December 23, 2013
Last Updated on December 23, 2013
Tags: Forbidden, Drake Martinez, Noxious Akuma, AU, Story, Chapter 9, Action


Author

Maybe Lina
Maybe Lina

About
I love to write and share stories I make. I'm a big dork for lovey-dovey couples, cheesiness, cliche. but most of all, blood, death, drama and making my favorite characters suffer o3o I'll write a.. more..

Writing
BlackOut BlackOut

A Book by Maybe Lina


Blur Blur

A Chapter by Maybe Lina