Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Neeeks!

Time seemed to pass by slowly to the girl as she stayed in the corner, slower than it had been all evening. Her gaze had never left the man at the bar, blinking only when her eyes could not stay open any longer, giving in to the temporary burning. The few who had tried to talk to her were ignored, not gaining so much as a glance. Her phone had vibrated a few times, but she hadn't moved a muscle in any attempts to retrieve it from her purse. All her focus was on the man at the bar who still, just over an hour later, had no idea he was being watched, that she was observing every little move he made.

As she watched him, the thought crossed her mind on how weird she must look to anyone who glanced in her direction, that followed her gaze to find her staring at this strange man. It had crossed her mind briefly, but only once before quickly being discarded. She watched in silence as he spoke in German to the bartender. Though she couldn't hear anything that he said over the noise in the room, she knew that his voice was just as deep and hypnotic as it always was. From the way he spoke, she could tell that he wasn't trying to be heard over everyone else, and the way he had been sitting made her believe that he didn't really want to draw any attention to himself.

No one else in the bar had taken any interest in him. The bartender would bring him the drink he requested, and he would sit there in silence as he took slow sips from the glass placed in front of him. The girl didn't know what it was that he had ordered, but he had been ordering one after another when he was almost done with each cup. She frowned, not liking how he hadn't stopped after an hour of drinking. Was he trying to get drunk? Why would he want to go and do that?

The more he drank, the slower and more uncertain his movements became. He had gone from leaning forward on the counter to resting his elbow upon it, his chin resting in his palm. His hair covered his eyes, though she was more than certain they were glazed over from the alcohol. He swirled the cup in his hand, the little bit of liquid inside moving slowly. The man turned his head toward the bartender, motioning him over as he lifted the glass slightly. The bartender simply nodded and quickly poured him another drink, setting it down on the counter before moving on to tend to someone else.

The girl jumped slightly when someone rested their hand on her shoulder, and she forced herself to tear her gaze away from the man she had been silently watching. She turned to look at the one who had grabbed her only to quickly turn her head away as the smell of alcohol flooded her senses. Shifting slightly, she pulled her shoulder out of their grasp and turned her upper body to face them. She raised an eyebrow as she stared up at them. It was a man, one who appeared to be in his mid twenties. He smiled down at her, revealing his yellow stained teeth. His green eyes were glazed and covered by his brown hair that he quickly moved out of the way. The simple movement made him grasp onto the table in a struggle to keep his balance.

"Can I help you with something?" the girl asked in annoyance, quickly glancing at the man at the bar before looking back at the man before her.

"What? Oh, no," he laughed, shaking his head slightly. His voice was heavy with a German accent, though slurred from the alcohol. He tried to sit down in the seat with her, but she pushed him back, so he leaned against the wall instead. "I can help you though."

"No thanks."

"C'mon, I know you'll like it," he said, trying to sit down next to her again. "I can buy you a drink or three...or we can just leave now."

"Well, you can leave now, that's for sure," she muttered, rolling her eyes. "I'm not interested, but I do believe that girl over there has been trying to get your attention all night." She nodded her head in the direction of one of the women who were looking for a fun night away from their husbands. The woman was wearing extremely tight jeans with open-toed heels, a white tank top and a jean jacket. Her long, wavy brown hair was loose, draped lightly over her shoulders. The girl waved her fingers at the man when he looked. "She's been looking you up and down all night. Would be a shame to pass something like that up, no?"

"Hm? Her? I'm not interested in her."

"And I'm not interested in you," the girl said as she grabbed her phone from her purse, finally deciding to check her messages. She was silently hoping that if she gave the guy the silent treatment long enough, he would go away. The messages on her phone were from her friend, all apologies for not being able to come and suggestions for things they could do when they got better.

"I can show you a fun time," the guy said as he leaned down in front of her. He was blocking her view of the man at the bar, and she frowned. "Trust me, I know you'll love it."

"You know what I would love right now?" she asked, leaning forward with a serious expression. The man smiled slightly, waiting for her to continue. "For you to leave me alone. I'm not interested in you." His smile quickly turned into a frown as his brain tried to process what she was saying. "I didn't come here to meet up with random guys. I came here to meet up with a friend."

"Oh, and where is this friend of yours, hm?" he challenged, obviously not buying her words.

Though it was true that she had come to meet a friend, they had been unable to come. She wasn't about to let him know that, though. Then he would never leave her alone, she was sure of it. In her desperate attempt to come up with something without hesitation, she smiled and said the first thing that came to mind.

"He's over at the bar right now. He wanted to think some things over for a little while. I was about to go talk to him until you came and interrupted me."

The guy looked over at the bar to where the guy was still sitting, still drinking. Since the girl had not been paying attention to the man at the bar, she had no idea how much more alcohol he had consumed. Without waiting for the guy to respond, she grabbed her purse and made her way from her seat to the guy at the bar. The seat next to him was empty, though she didn't know when that had happened, but she took advantage of it and took a seat, setting her purse in her lap. She knew of him, but didn't really know him, and he certainly didn't know her, but it was too late to back out now. She could feel the eyes of the other man burning into the back of her head as he waited for her to prove that she was really this mans friend. Clearing her throat, she looked at the man seated next to her and forced a smile.

"Hello, Bill," she quietly said, just loud enough for him to hear her.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the witty comebacks! Classic! I loved the thrilling end of the chapter! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, what a creep. With his yellow teeth and drunkenness.

The girl should of beat his arse, I would have. Lol.

Keep going with this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on September 14, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, Tom Kaulitz, Georg Listing, Gustav Schäfer


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!