Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Neeeks!

Samantha glanced down at her phone, checking the time. It was almost eleven and she yawned. They were watching the same cop show that Bill had been watching when she had woken up, but it was a different episode, a continuation of another one. Samantha didn't really understand what was going on because she hadn't seen the previous episode in the season, but it was still pretty interesting. It was only halfway through, but the team had gone to a guys house, looking for the suspect only to find another crime scene. Upon searching the house, they found their suspects body stored in a freezer in the basement. She always had loved watching cop shows. Back home, Criminal Minds was one of her favorite shows and she only ever missed an episode if she was at work.

Bill had been silent as they sat there, and Samantha had no idea what to say to him, how to start a conversation with him. She felt kind of awkward, sitting there in silence, but she felt that anything she said would go unheard by Bill.  A commercial came on and Samantha stood up, stretching. Bill glanced up at her as she walked into the bedroom. She was tired of wearing the same outfit she had worn to the bar, but she had been too into the show to bother with changing. As she dug through the dresser drawers, she pulled out two pairs of pajama pants and two shirts. She set one of them on the bed before going into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. As much as the thought of a nice, hot shower appealed to her, she decided that it could wait until morning. Samantha got changed, setting her dirty clothes into a hamper near the door, and brushed her hair and teeth.

When she went to walk out of the bathroom, she paused, thinking for a moment. She nodded her head, quickly grabbing a towel from a nearby rack and placed it on the sink before going back to the living room. Bill glanced up at her again but didn't say anything. The couch bounced a little when Samantha suddenly fell back onto it, letting out a sigh. She leaned back on the couch, pulling her legs up in front of her and hugged her knees to her chest.

"I put some pajamas on the bed for you so that you can get changed," she said, looking over at Bill. "And I put a towel on the sink in the bathroom so that you can take a shower. I usually take mine in the morning. You can use any of the shampoos and conditioners in the shower."

Bill nodded and Samantha smiled as she went back to watching the show. It had come on while she was in the bathroom, and she had no idea what was going on- again.

"So, what happened in the show?" Samantha asked, resting her chin on her knees.

"They brought the body to the lab, tested it," Bill answered with a shrug. "Guy's been dead a week, someone else is using his identity."

Samantha nodded. She hadn't expected Bill to answer, for him to listen to her. She smiled as she watched the rest of the show in silence. There was only one more commercial break before the end of the show, but she didn't really pay attention to what they were about. Samantha bit her bottom lip as they watched the rest of the show. The killer was a guy that owned a well known business, but the cops learned that the business was going under and he was kidnapping and killing people who he thought were responsible. To Samantha, the ending was kind of lame, but she wasn't the one who wrote the script.

Bill didn't say anything as he set the remote on the coffee table, getting up and walking to the bedroom. Samantha followed him with her eyes, watching from her spot on the couch as he walked into the bathroom, the pajamas she had set out in his hand. She smiled as she laid down on the couch, sprawling out. She let out a sigh as she buried her face in the cushions, listening as the shower turned on. He was staying another night, and she wondered if that was a good thing. No one knew where Bill was, and she wondered how long it would be before someone realized that he was missing. Surely someone was looking for him by now. How long was he going to stay in her hotel room anyway? She didn't mind him staying- she wouldn't even dream of kicking him out- but what was so bad that he was willing to hide in her hotel room in the first place?

She was staring at the wall as she thought about possible reasons to Bill's behavior. Was the band breaking up and Bill simply wasn't happy about it? She hoped not. Did Bill and Tom have a huge fight? She doubted it. They fought a lot, yes, but always made up shortly after. The twins were so close, no fight would have Bill trying to get drunk and hiding in a strangers hotel room. Had something happened to someone close to him? Maybe a death of a friend or family member? She didn't think it was that, hoping it was nothing like that. Maybe he was stressed, needed to get away for a few days. Maybe the paparazzi was getting to him and he needed somewhere quiet to stay for a bit. Samantha hoped it was something simple like that, that it was nothing major.

The shower shut off and Samantha looked over at the bedroom before letting her face rest in the cushions again. It was a few minutes before she heard Bill leave the bedroom, walking back into the living room. She sat up and looked at Bill as he walked back over to the couch, drying his hair with the towel. He sat down on the couch next to her, still drying his hair. Samantha smiled as she gave him a quick look-over. Her clothing fit him, though the pants were a little loose on him, so he had to tie them tighter than she normally did.

"Feel better?" she asked, still smiling. Bill shrugged as he held the towel in his lap. His hair was still damp, clumped together in some places in small snarls. "I have an extra hairbrush you can use."

Bill didn't say anything as Samantha got off the couch, walking to the bathroom to retrieve her spare hairbrush. She couldn't remember why she had brought two with her, but now she was glad that she had. It took her a minute to locate the said hairbrush, but she smiled when she did, grabbing it and going back to the living room. Bill didn't look up at her as she sat back down, holding the hairbrush out to him. When he didn't take it, Samantha frowned slightly.

"Hey, Bill," she said, poking his arm. He looked over at her and she smiled. "Um, since you're off in la-la land and I'm bored, can I brush your hair?"

She felt her cheeks heat up, but it was something she had always wanted to do. She loved playing with other people's hair, to have her hair messed with. It was something her and her older sister used to do all the time before they had gone their own ways. Bill shrugged as he looked away again.

"Go ahead, knock yourself out," Bill answered.

Samantha blinked and sat there for a few seconds as she smiled before climbing over the back of the couch to stand behind him. Bill didn't move as she gently brushed his hair, careful not to pull too hard. It wasn't long before the both of them were lost in their own thoughts, completely unaware of what the other was thinking.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!