Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Neeeks!

After browsing through her fanfics, she decided to work on one that she hadn't updated in almost four months. She had only published a few chapters, and she felt kind of bad that she hadn't updated sooner; her other stories were updated almost daily, having numerous chapters published, though some of those were beginning to go unnoticed. It had been awhile since she had read the fanfic, so she took a few minutes to read through it, quickly noticing some spelling errors that had gone unnoticed when the chapters had been published. Some were more noticeable than others and she wondered how she hadn't caught them. Samantha took a few minutes to edit each chapter, adding things or taking something out, fixing any errors she came across. She made a mental note to write a note to her readers about some changes in the older chapters so that no one got confused. She hated when authors changed something in a story and expected everyone to know about it.

Her laptop was running a little slower than usual as she opened another tab, keeping the last chapter she had published open. After having her laptop for a couple years, it had started to die on her, some programs refusing to open. Since she wrote a lot, she didn't want to take the risk of her laptop crashing and her losing all her work, so she published things directly to the sites she was on, though she kept some as drafts in her emails. Samantha logged into her Yahoo account, going to her email and opened a new message. She always found it easier to write the next chapter when she could switch to the other tab and read the previous chapter, making it easier for her to avoid mentioning something that didn't happen. That was the downfall of writing so many fanfics, Samantha had learned; she often got confused about what had happened in one of them, what she had planned and sometimes, though not very often, what fanfic she was working on if she walked away from her laptop for a long period of time.

Samantha bit her bottom lip as she tried to remember what she had planned out for the fanfic that she had been putting off. With only a few chapters written, she still had a long way to go before she reached the climax of the story. She could have easily written out those chapters, as well as the ending, but it was everything in-between that was going to take time and effort. As Samantha sat there thinking about the fanfic, she remembered why she had put off writing the next chapter for so long. It was nothing like any of her other stories. It wasn't about the boys when they were younger, still in school, or them making it big in the music industry. In a way, it was still similar to her usual fanfics- the main character was in love with Bill, there were ups and downs, twists and surprises- but there was so much more to the story than that. It was full of action and suspense, something she had never really worked on before. The fanfic was like a trial and error for her, and if she hadn't of published some of the chapters, there was a chance she would have deleted it long ago, but she had a lot of readers who liked it and were waiting for more. She owed it to her readers to finish it.

She let out a sigh as she let her head drop back onto the armrest of the couch, looking up at the ceiling. Her fingers tapped lightly against her laptop as she thought of how to start the chapter. She knew that once she got into the plot again, the words would flow smoothly from her mind to her fingertips. Samantha had always wanted to be a writer, but she could never come up with a completely original plot, so she had settled for writing fanfics for Tokio Hotel. For the most part, she loved every fanfic she had written, though she often debated on going back and redoing some of them since her writing had gotten better as time passed. Samantha lifted her head and wrote out a couple sentences before the train of thought escaped her. She frowned as she reread what she had just written.

"No, that sounds lame," she muttered, holding down the backspace button. After gathering her thoughts again, Samantha started typing. She wrote out half of a paragraph, pausing to read through it before finishing a sentence. "Mm, that's a little better, I guess."

Samantha didn't know how writers did it, writing numerous books with their own individual plots, but making sure to keep their ideas original as well. It was hard enough for her to keep her Tokio Hotel fanfics original with the number of other fanfics out there. She let out a sigh that turned into a yawn, and she let her head fall back again. She was still tired, but she wanted to write. New ideas were coming to her constantly, but they were never ideas for existing fanfics that she needed to finish. It was even harder for her to focus on her writing, especially when she knew that her inspiration was sleeping in the next room.

Her brows furrowed as she thought about Bill sleeping in her bed. She couldn't figure out what could possibly be bothering the man, what would drive him to want to drink until he blacked out. Samantha clicked her tongue against her bottom teeth as she thought for a minute before she looked back at her laptop. She saved the draft before closing out of her email, putting her laptop into hibernation mode. Though she knew she should have continued working on the chapter, she knew she wouldn't be able to concentrate on it. Not right now, but she was alright with that. She had written a paragraph, and that was a start, right?

After setting her laptop on the small coffee table in front of her, Samantha grabbed the remote to the television. She got settled on the couch again, laying on her side as she turned the television on, quickly turning the volume down until she could just barely hear it, not wanting to disturb Bill. With her head resting on the armrest of the couch, Samantha browsed through the channels, trying to find something to watch. There wasn't much on so she settled for the music channel, making mental notes of what songs and artists she liked. She knew she would probably forget over half of them within a few days, but she didn't really care. It wasn't like she was never going to hear the song or see the music video again.

Samantha fell asleep on the couch, the remote falling off the couch when she shifted slightly, her phone disappearing between the cushions beneath her. Time passed slowly as she slept. Morning turned into afternoon; afternoon turned into evening. She didn't wake until some time between five and six, and she let out a yawn as she rubbed her eyes. Her neck hurt slightly from the angle she had been laying, but she didn't complain. It wasn't until Samantha went to stretch that she noticed that someone was sitting on the other side of the couch, watching something on the television.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

No offense, but this chapter was a bit slower then the rest... :/

I wasn't really interested in her talking about her internet life... I lost interest in the chapter fast... :/ Sorry...

But I would love to hear more about her a Bill... and what the f**k is wrong with the bum? Lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

No offense, but this chapter was a bit slower then the rest... :/

I wasn't really interested in her talking about her internet life... I lost interest in the chapter fast... :/ Sorry...

But I would love to hear more about her a Bill... and what the f**k is wrong with the bum? Lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2010
Last Updated on September 24, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, Tom Kaulitz, Georg Listing, Gustav Schäfer


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!