Giving Your LIfe To The Gang

Giving Your LIfe To The Gang

A Chapter by Oliver Lee
"

this is a boring, short, filler chapter. I have writers block.

"
Luca said that once I'm in, I'm in. He says I have to give my whole life to the gang. But I don't want to give my whole life to the gang. I don't want to be policed that way. You know, for a group of delinquent criminals who claim to "hate the police" they sure act like it when it comes to controlling their own. I want to give my life to Ganton. And myself. Him and I. Us. I want to spend every night sleeping in his bed, and I want to send him stupid snapchats of me being bored while we're in class, and I want to not have to worry about staying alive in our own goddamn city. I want to run away with him. I wanted him. And I felt like everything was perfect, yet so f*****g far away at the same time. How can I be the best and worst age, at the same time? Sixteen is so bittersweet. 

It was 4:52 in the afternoon and I got called to the lair. I didn't want to do this anymore. I didn't want to do this to begin with but, even more so now than when i started did I want to end all of my gang affiliation. I wish I could just take Gee and disappear. Leave no trace of me in Hobbs, just up and gone. 

I somersaulted off of my bed and slipped my vans on. I had a feeling tonight was going to be a long one. The old Donnie, before letting his feelings in, that Donnie, might actually have enjoyed tonight. Not I. All I wanted was to spend my night eating Tyson Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets with Ganton, and watching the Madagascar series until we fell asleep. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. 
I ran down the stairs and grabbed my jacket off of the chair. I didn't want to keep Luca and the guys waiting. 
"Hey, rapido chio, ay dios mios. Where are you running off to in such a hurry?" 
I heard mi abuela call after me. I knew not to test her patience. She was a good woman, kind and fair. But cross her, and she will rain down the wrath of god himself, like any hispanic woman will. Hispanic women are powerful, and strong, and not to be messed with. Ever. 
"I'm just going to my friends house abuela. I was going to go to Gantons for the night, if that was okay?" 
She gave me a stern look, and then smiled, jokingly. 
"Si, is all your homework finished?" 
"Si"
"Did you make your bed?" 
No.
"Si" 
She shot me that look again. 
I sighed, defeated.
"No" 
"Ay no" 
she flashed that inviting smile once again. 
"visto bueno. Go ahead."
"Si! Muchas gracias, abuelita! I love you!" 
"te amo, sweet boy" 
she yelled back. 
I ran out of the house and down the street. I thought I was late. I was genuinely worried. Oh well, what happens, happens. 
I just hope it didn't happen at Gantons expense. 


© 2018 Oliver Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wooooow. This is so authentic, sad, yet relatable. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oliver Lee

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! This book is the first I've written a chapter everyday, and I'm taking it really .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2018
Last Updated on January 14, 2018
Tags: #cute, #lgbt, #friends, #school, #intense, #teens, #sad, #book, #gangs


Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing