Coffee and Confessions

Coffee and Confessions

A Chapter by Oliver Lee

I started towards the Cafe, exactly seven minutes, like I said. I was greeted with Bianca sitting at a table in the corner. She didn't smile, or really greet me at all. Instead I am "greeted" with 
"wow, seven minutes exactly. Punctuality really is a good first impression."
I would be lying if I said she didn't scare me. But I do think I am entitled to a little fear. I mean, my boyfriend is in a coma over a suicide attempt and I was the one who found him. I am allowed to be afraid, right? 
"Glad I made a good first impression."
I noticed I sounded kind of dead inside. 
Well at least I don't front. 
"Sit down, Donnie" 
she motioned for the seat across from her. I sat down, a little too noticeably compliant. 
"So" she stated. 
"So." 
"Are you scared?"
"That's a loaded question"
I was kind of surprised at her wit. 
"You seem nervous, Donnie. Are you scared for your friend? Are you scared of me?" 
"I'm not scared of you, Bianca. As much as you wish I was."
She nodded and sipped her drink. She really was something. 
"Let's start by getting to know each other. I'm Bianca Quinn. I have a first name for my last name, evidently. And I'm here because my mom has stage 3 lung cancer, and she collapsed while fighting with my stepdad. You're turn, Donnie Darko." 
 I half smiled.
"This sounds like AA. Hi, I'm Donnie, I've been an alcoholic for three years now."
She laughed at my dry impression of a recovering alcoholic. 
"I'm Donnie, and I'm here with my boyfriend who is in a coma right now from a suicide attempt, because his deadbeat mother can't bother to miss her TV time for her critically injured son." 
She just stared at me. She didn't know what to say.
"I didn't mean to say that much, it just came out. I'm sorry."
"Dude. You really needed this coffee." 
She smiled. 
I smiled back. 
"Yeah I guess I did." 
"So...what's your boyfriends name?"
"Ganton. Ganton Wescott."
She shifted in her seat a little bit.
"W-Wescott? You said his last name is Wescott?"
"Yes, is everything okay Bianca?" 
She fidgeted more.
"Do you know his, uh, his dad's name?"
"I don't know, maybe? His mother's name is Diane. She's a f*****g nightmare. His dad left when he was a baby. I think it was like, Mark or something. Why?"
"Mark Wescott?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I have my mother's last name, alright? And uh, my father, before he left..his name was uh, Mark Wescott, uh, as well." 
I was thoroughly not expecting this. 
"So Ganton has a half sister? And he isn't even conscious to meet her?" 
"F*****g crazy. Dad was a deadbeat. It just sucks that he got the short end of the stick, both parents being batshit crazy. I wish I knew about him. You said you were his boyfriend, right? You seem like you love him. I get that vibe from you, Donnie."
She looked around a little bit, thinking. 
"Will you tell me about him? If he never gets the chance to?" 
She looked as if she swallowed that sentence hard. 
I was still trying to take in all that I had just learned. 
"Of course I will, Bianca." 
"What is Ganton like? As a person?" 
"Soft. Brave. Creative. Allocentric. A beautiful artist. He loves music. Alternative indie music and, f*****g geckos. He loves geckos. He's also gay but I'm sure you figured that." 
I talked with Bianca for hours in that cafeteria about my favorite thing to talk about; the love of my life. She listened intently, soaking in the past 16 years she's missed. I was in the middle of talking when Doctor Alders walked up to our table. 
"Thank god, I've been looking all over for you. He's showing signs of waking." 


© 2018 Oliver Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good conversation in the story. You made the characters have life and the story line made the reader want to know and read more. I' was glad, a hopeful ending. Thank you for sharing the powerful story.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Oliver Lee

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome. I enjoyed the story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 14, 2018
Last Updated on May 2, 2018
Tags: #book, #sad, #hospital, #love, #gay, #lgbt, #teen, #drama


Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing