Chasing

Chasing

A Poem by Chloe..Across the Universe


I was chasing you
like a long lost dream
so silly of me
as if i should chase you

I was keeping up
until the polka-dots blew off
my dress
I stopped to gather them
fell behind

I was on your heels
like the hounds of hell
like a woman gone mad
chasing you

so silly of me to chase you
as if i should chase you

I almost caught you
rain came and drained me dry
i fell behind
just a bit behind

so silly of me to chase you
as if i should chase you
you’re always one step behind

© 2008 Chloe..Across the Universe


Author's Note

Chloe..Across the Universe
i just decided to see what came out as i set here.. this was/is it
strange and befuddled..

The picture is of our snow we finally got two weeks ago ! :)
So pretty

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my gosh....I absolutely LOVE this piece! I picked out this as a favorite part:
I was keeping up
unitl the polka-dots blew off
my dress
I stopped to gather them
fell behind
It's so genius....I can actually see you stopping to pick up all your polka dots...how fun and original. The ending also blew me away....a brilliant twist. The whole piece is just fabulous, if you ask me. Good write!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love the irony of this poem. The entire way the narrator chronicles the chase and at the end we see that the chaser is actually ahead of the chasee.

The message isn't lost either. Know if you are chasing someone who should be chasing you and let it go.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply lovely! you give me the ability to laugh at my folly!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think you should get the picture to sit with the poem. Definately a sight to be seen - the snow down where I live was like dandruff in comparison. Also it's a hint at the feel of the poem. The weather has altered your moods, seemingly you are childlike chasing (a snow idea even though rain comes down?), polka dots again point to weather changing lightheartedness - dots falling off or maybe your dress becomes snow covered making you think they have fallen?
It's a cute poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh my god! I love it!!

I almost caught you
rain came and drained me dry
i fell behind
just a bit behind

so silly of me to chase you
as if i should chase you
you're always one step behind

these two verses... amazing. I love how the last line leaves you. And this whole piece is so true. the moment you realize, why the hell are you doing this? why am I chasing this person? the polka dot line is great to. like how, you can fall apart because of the chase. but then you came together and you realize. GREAT!

peace love!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, Chloe. This poem is EXCELLENT. Not just the imagery, which is wonderful, it's the sentiment. Twisted around it's so wonderful the way you show how difficult it is to be a girl! Always a step behind, always a step ahead, always out of step and stopping to pick up polka-dots... I LOVE IT!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the picture of the snow, it is fantastic. This piece is very well written and I love the switch at the end. Wonderfully penned. I, too, love the part about the polka-dots, so unique and original.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really like this a lot. There is a surrealism to it which is always intriguing. I love the end... he's a step behind you... wonderful concept. Many cheers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chloe-

I love it. So playful and innocent. I especially like the part with the polka dots. Very creative. Great write!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Such a great visual write, I agree the polka dots are fantastic.
Sometimes the best pieces come from just sitting and not planning.
Well done you on a charming piece of writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is delightful .. and reminds me of the phrase from the song .. "A man chases a girl .. until she catches him"

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1982 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on March 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 27, 2008

Author

Chloe..Across the Universe
Chloe..Across the Universe

Smalltown, USA, AR



About
Sometimes i feel like an alien in a strange land..can you relate? I love people and friends are just that to me , friends-if you request me as a friend it would be nice if you read something I have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..