Chapter 2: Realizations

Chapter 2: Realizations

A Chapter by Lydia

  Kelsey stood at the bus stop waiting for the sound of the dreaded, yellow contraption to turn the corner. She barely had any sleep the night before, and what little sleep she did get was laced with nightmares. After reflecting on that for a few minutes the bus rounded the corner turning on her street, and screeching to a halt a couple feet in front of her. She practically dragged herself on, and plopped into the first available seat. Bus rides, and going to school had been complete torture since Lauren's death. It was everywhere. On the local news- Seventeen year old Station Camp High School senior, Lauren Hale, shot and killed in her home. In Kelsey's peers conversations- "Can you believe Lauren is dead? I wonder who did it? Kelsey didn't wonder who did it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

  After the bus arrived at the school, Kelsey filed off with everyone else. She made her way into the school which involved lots of shoving and pushing. She kept her head low trying to drown out the voices of the other students, and avoiding the Remember Lauren posters that were plastered all around the school. Lauren was rather popular to put it lightly. She was a cheerleader for the football team, and everyone seemed to adore her.


  Kelsey stopped at her locker, and entered the combination before throwing in some of her textbooks making her extremely heavy backpack slightly lighter. When she was about to turn around she felt a set of hands land on her shoulders. She spun around quickly to see who it was. Ryan. He was her only other friend other than Lauren. He was also the boy she had completely adored since seventh grade. "Oh, hey Ryan. You scared me," she said, a small smile on her thin lips.


  "Sorry. So how was your weekend without me? It couldn't have been too good," he joked. He leaned against the locker beside Kelsey's, and let out a sarcastic laugh, his curly blonde hair falling in front of his eyes as he did so.


Miserable. "It was okay, I guess," she faked.


  After a few minutes of catching up they started towards homeroom which they both had together. Right before they reached the classroom she saw an all too familiar face out of the corner of her eye. It was, Drew surrounded by a group of girls "comforting" him. Heres another little backstory of Lauren and Drew's breakup. In reality, Drew broke up with Lauren, but he told the rest of the school that Lauren broke up with him for another guy which was obviously untrue. But, being the amazingly kind girl that she was, Lauren didn't object. So, now all these people were feeling sorry for the so-called heartbroken boy.


  "I'm so sorry about Lauren, Drew. I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you," said Elise, a girl with long brown hair that Kelsey was in a few classes with.

 

   "Thanks. It has been really hard," Drew replied.

 

   Kelsey froze. The hatred boiling up inside her. Then, Drew glanced over at her with an almost evil grin on his face. His cold eyes felt like they could see right through her. A chill went through her spine, and she stumbled back. All the color drained from her face, making her even paler than she already was. He knows. He knows that I know.


  "Are you okay?" Ryan asked, concerned as he grabbed Kelsey by the forearm. His voice sounded so distant, and she couldn't break her stare from Drew who had already turned back to Elise. "Kelsey?" Ryan repeated, waving his free hand in front of her face trying to catch her attention.


"I-I'm fine," she stammered, shrugging away Ryan's hand.


"Are you sure?" he persisted.


  "Yes. I'm sure. C'mon," Kelsey insisted, and pulled him down the hallway wanting to be as far away from Drew as possible. She had a feeling she might not be the only one who knew she knew who killed Lauren. Drew knew, too.



© 2012 Lydia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great Syntax and Diction! I love "the sound of the dreaded, yellow contraption to turn the corner." I also love how much emotion you put in drew's smile. Your vocabulary is perfect too, mature but still understandable. This is a really interesting story, it keeps the readers on the edge of their seat and waiting for the next chapter. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lydia

11 Years Ago

The fifteenth chapter will be the next, and up until now I've been writing in third person. Do you t.. read more
Schyala

11 Years Ago

No beacuse it's your story, and if you feel as though you should change you should do it now before .. read more
Lydia

11 Years Ago

Okay, thanks. I'll try and put up the next chapter sometime tonight or tomorrow.
lol true that Tsukin....anywayz yeah really creepy and mysterious.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh great~, sorry for the late reply but a great second installment, kepy me at the edge of my seat almost literally*was lying on a couch...doesnt quite work the same lol* but anyway, i didnt realize i was holding my breath till the last sentences. And lol you have a Ryan in your story too, such a common name, yours is sooo different from mine though, my Ryans a druggy lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh snap! It's hitting the fan now. I don't really have much to say other than I'm still interested, and off to the next one ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012


Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..