Chapter 7: Time To Tell

Chapter 7: Time To Tell

A Chapter by Lydia

   Kelsey and Ryan were approaching the police station. It was the morning that Ryan was going to tell.

 

    Kelsey grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze before they opened the door. She could tell her was nervous by the way he kept messing with his hair, and his hands were shaking. She hated that he was doing this to hisself. He didn't have to do it at all, but he was doing it for her. She sat down in one of the waiting chairs, and watched as he walked over to the counter and started to talk to the lady sitting behind it. She watched as the woman nodded her head vigorously with wide eyes. This was the first new lead to Lauren's case.

 

  After a few minutes of talking to the woman Ryan walked back over to where Kelsey was sitting, and sat down in the flimsy-looking blue chair beside her. It creeked as he settled in. "What did she say?" Kelsey asked, turning towards him.


   He was leaned over slightly with his hands folded in front of him, and his elbows rested on his knees. "She said that one of the officers would call me back in a few minutes," he replied, keeping his gaze on the floor.


   Kelsey shook her head slowly, and pressed her lips together. "I really wish you hadn't done this. I have a bad feeling about it."


   Ryan raised his head to look at her. "Y'know, I really wish you would just stop with all that. You shouldn't have even came if you didn't want me to do this. I really don't need you telling me that I'm making a bad choice. I'm nervous enough, okay?" He snapped.


 Kelsey sighed, and turned her head the other way. "Sorry," she muttered.


    After a few minutes of sitting there in silence an officer in a blue uniform walked out from the hallway on the other side of the room. "Mr. Hester, could you come on back with me?" He asked.


  Ryan stood up, and wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans, and walked towards the officer dissappearing into the hallway behind him without even taking one glance back at Kelsey. She didn't blame him, though. She knew she was being obnoxious, but she was just worried. Now all she had to do was wait.



© 2012 Lydia


Author's Note

Lydia
Really short. Sorry!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great addition!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I just read 1-7. It's nice so far! Keep going girl!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wanted to read on....real,really short but nice chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012


Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia