Chapter 10: It Wasn't Me

Chapter 10: It Wasn't Me

A Chapter by Lydia

    Kelsey was walking home from school again. Her older brother was fixing her car, and wouldn't be finished for another few days. To make it worse it had been raining on and off all day. She pulled her hood over head, and dodged a few puddles. She hadn't talked to Ryan about the whole "I love you" thing since it happened, and his presence had been pretty scarce the past few days. She was beginning to think that it was more of a "I love you because your my best friend" kind of a thing instead of more than friends sort of thing. She hadn't had much time to think about it, though. Her mind was preoccupied with much more serious things these days.

 

   Word about Ryan talking to the police had traveled fast, and by now almost the whole school knew about it. Some people said that they had been suspicious too, and others had completely shunned them. Very few people could believe that their prized football star could commit such a heinous crime.

   

  Just as she was about to pass by one of the alleyways a loud crash interrupted her thoughts. "What was that?" she mumbled.

 

   She stopped to see if someone or something was going to come out, but once nothing did she decided to continue on. Right when she began to walk again a hand shot out from the alley and covered her mouth. Another hand grabbed her by the arm and pulled her in. Before she knew what was going on she was being pressed against the cold, brick wall, and Drew was standing over her. She went into panic mode, and tried to pry the hand away from her mouth, while she kicked her legs. Her heart was beating so fast, and even though she tried to scream her shouts were muffled by the hand. "Stop! I'm not going to do anything. I just want to talk to you," he whispered.

    Kelsey couldn't help but notice how different he looked from last time she saw him when he threatened her. His cold and psychotic gaze was replaced with what looked like sheer terror. She finally decided that it wasn't worth it, and she let her hands drop to her sides. Drew took his hand off her mouth, and placed them on her arms, holding her in place so she couldn't run away. "What do you want?" Her words were harsh and demanding.

   "I need to talk to you about something. You probably aren't going to believe me, and I don't expect you to-" he began.

"Just say it. I don't have time to listen to your stupid explanations."
 

   Drew took one of his hands off her arm, and rubbed his jaw. "Like I was saying, you probably aren't going to believe me. I now it sounds crazy, but...I didn't kill Lauren," he confessed. He searched her eyes trying to read her emotions, but she averted her gaze to the floor once she realized what he was doing.

  Kelsey shook her head. She didn't trust him in the least. There was no way she was going to believe him. She used her free arm to shove his other hand away, and then pushed him into the other wall. She was very surprised when he let her do it, and didn't fight back. She put her face close to his. "Look, if you think your going to trick me into trusting you, then you've got another thing coming. You know you've been caught, and you think your going to manipulate some emotionally damaged girl into siding with you. Your good looks aren't going to save you this time, buddy," she spit out. She turned away from him, and began to walk out of the alley. She could hear his footsteps behind her.

   "Please wait! Just hear me out!" he pleaded.

 

   Kelsey stopped, and turned around. She wasn't sure why, but she just had a feeling that something was off. Would it really kill her to just listen to him? Once she turned around she saw that Drew was standing there crying. He looked so vulnerable, and it wasn't until then that she noticed the bags under his eyes and that his usually perfect hair was sticking up in all different directions. She almost felt sorry for him, but she tried to push the thought away. "Fine. You have ten minutes to explain yourself. You better be fast."

   Drew nodded his head vigorously. "Thanks. Just give me a second to get my thoughts together." She watched as he wiped his eyes on his shirt sleeve. He leaned against the wall, and slid all the way down to the ground. "Okay," he took a deep breath," So, you already know that Lauren and I broke up about two weeks before all this happened. What you don't know is the reason why, and that I wasn't the one who started all the rumors about her leaving me for another guy."

 

 Kelsey furrowed her brow. "If you didn't, then who did?"

  

   "I'm getting there. Let me start from the beginning. Ever since I started dating Lauren none of my teammates liked it. They said she was a distraction, and that I wasn't playing at my best. I got sick of the constant nagging, so I broke up with her. I was just going to leave it at that, but the rest of the team decided that people might think I was a jerk if they found out I broke up with her. So, they started the rumor. Well, after the rumor spread through the whole school two of my teammates decided that Lauren might tell someone, and then it would ruin my reputation. They thought that if she told and it got big enough then the coach might boot me off the team. So, I agreed to go with them to scare her out of saying anything. Thats all I thought we were going to do. Once we got there, though, I started to have second thoughts. The convinced me to go in anyways. Once we got inside I noticed that Quentin had something stuck in his back pocket. It was too late before I figured out that it was a gun. He had already shot her, and Quentin and Will ran out the back door. I tried to help her, but she was already gone. I panicked and ran out the door. Thats when I saw you." Once he was finished telling the story he buried his head in his arms.
 

 Kelsey pressed her lips together, and tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill over. She wasn't crying because of Lauren. She was crying because she believed him even though she didn't want to. "Why did you threaten me if you didn't do it?"
 

   "I told them that I saw you, and they convinced me to mae sure you didn't say anything since I was the only one who really knew you. Plus, I was the only one you saw," he explained, looking up at her.
 

  Kelsey sighed, and sat down beside him on the damp ground. She placed a hand on his shoulder, and leaned her head against the wall. "I believe you, okay?"

    Drew looked over at her, and a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. He was almost in shock. He never would have thought she would belive him. "You do?"

   "Yeah. Were going to have to talk to Ryan, and then were all going to have to go to the police station. You'll have to tell them what happened."

    Drew simply nodded. She could tell that he was still crying. She could see the tears rolling down his face. It was so wierd how just that morning she had hated him, and now she was trying to help him. That shows just how fast things can change. They sat in silence for a few minutes until Kelsey got sick of it. "I heard a crash before you dragged me in here against my will. What was it?" she questioned to fill the silence.
 

  She could see Drew's face grow slightly red. "I...um...I tripped over the trash can," he revealed, pointing at an overturned tash bin at the end of the alley.
  

  Kelsey couldn't help, but laught at that one. "Smooth."

 



© 2012 Lydia


Author's Note

Lydia
I hope you like, and I hope it was a big enough shocker!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmmm i still believe him even if Kelsey does, she never saw anyone else enter the house or leave, only drew, i bet he's gonna go psycho and kill her anyway BE WARY KELSEY! good job though~

Posted 11 Years Ago


ahhh! I love it!! Its so descriptive, and I KNEW ryan was gunna love her :) right from the very beginning, man!! Its such a good story! Keep writing before I die of suspense!!!! Im 13, too, and I can't write as well as you :) when I read the story i was like, "Oh, well, she must be like 20 to do this book" but NO! your my age! Message me, kay?! Your a pretty awesome writer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Much more impressive than the last two previous chapters.Nice and a 'wow' job.Real excellent and funny (specially the part 'bout falling the trash-can)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think this is one of my favorite chapters so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


HAHA! he tripped over a trash can thats funny.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow so far I really like this story! It's so good :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it! Excellent job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012


Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


No Title No Title

A Poem by Alex Vidmar


Fire and Rain Fire and Rain

A Chapter by Alex Vidmar