Chapter 11: I Dislike You

Chapter 11: I Dislike You

A Chapter by Lydia

   Kelsey continued to stare at the wall across from her. Drew and her were still sitting in the same position they had been for almost an hour. It was growing ever darker by the minute. "We should probably go ahead and go to Ryan's house. It's getting kind of late," Kelsey suggested, turning her head to Drew.
 
     He nodded his head in agreement, and pushed himself off the ground. He brushed his hands off on his pants before offering one to Kelsey to help her up. She hesitated before reluctantly grabbing it, and let him pull her up. She snatched her hand away quickly as soon as she was on her feet. She saw Drew give her a weird look from the corner of her eyes, but she continued walking towards the entrance of the alley where he had pulled her in. She may have believed him, but she still didn't trust him. "Just meet me at Ryan's. It may take me a little while, but don't go in until I get there."
 
   "I can drive you. He lives on the other side of town," Drew insisted, gesturing to a Ford Taurus that was parked on the side of the street.

 

     It was a long ride, and this wasn't the safest area in town by far. So, she came to the conclusion that riding with Drew was better than getting who knows what done to her by some stranger on one of the back roads. "Fine," she mumbled and made her way over to the car. She jumped a little as Drew showed up beside her and opened her door. "Uh, thanks." She climbed in slowly and closed the door herself before he could. Drew laughed lightly and shook his head from outside, causing Kelsey to roll her eyes. She quickly buckled her seat as Drew settled into the driver's seat beside her.

 

    Most of the car ride was very quiet. Kelsey awkwardly messed with her nails, and stared out the window. Finally, she couldn't stand the silence any longer. "This is weird," she announced, still staring out the window.

 

 "Why is it weird?" Drew asked, raising his eyebrows quizzically as they came to a stop at a red light.

 

 "It's weird because you are the last person I thought I'd be riding in a car with."

 

    Drew chuckled lightly. "You think this is weird? Just wait until you show up at Ryan's house with me. Now that is going to be an interesting expierience."

 

     Kelsey shot him an irritated look. "For your information, Ryan is a very understanding person. It's not going to be weird," she said defensively. One thing she couldn't stand was when someone talked about her friends, no matter how vague. In reality, though, it mainly just made her mad coming from Drew. She had never really liked him even when Lauren was dating him. She just tolerated him for Lauren's sake. In Kelsey's opinion he was just like every other guy on the football team: stuck-up, self-centered, and rude.

 

  Drew raised his hands from the steering wheel. "I wasn't trying to say he wasn't understanding."

 

  "Keep your hands on the wheel!" Kelsey screeched, shoving his arm as if that was going to help.

 

  "Okay, okay! Geez, Kels. Don't be so uptight."

 

     At this point she was pretty much on the verge of making him put her out of the car. "I am not uptight! I would just appreciate it if you would keep your hands on the wheel so we don't end up wrapped around a tree," she exclaimed through clenched teeth.

 

  "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-," he began, but Kelsey cut him off before he could go on.

 

    "Just don't talk, okay? You're giving me a headache." She closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the headrest, letting out a long sigh. She was really beginning to regret trying to help him.



© 2012 Lydia


Author's Note

Lydia
I know this is really short, and it isn't very good. It's been awhile since I've written for this book, so I'm a little rusty with the character personalities. I'll try to do better next chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was good writing and good description, but I defiantly think you need to make you chapters longer. The climax of this chapter is her getting in the car with him, like i said it's really good writing and a good personalities but I think longer chapters would be more sophisticated. I looked at some of your other chapters and they are about the same length. If you make your chapters longer they will have a more impact on the reader and it's more realistic: This would be like two pages on a real book. Just think about it, otherwise good job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think Drew is actually pretty cool..I agree with Amelia..i loved this chapter..:-) There are a few spelling mistakes like when you said wierd a lot in the book..the correct spelling is weird. But other then that, I just

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think this chapter was great! :) I'm excited to see how Ryan reacts to her riding in a car with Drew haha :)
Anyway, I hadn't noticed any mistakes and this chapter started and finished nicely. I think you got their personalities perfectly and I sort of find it funny that Drew is suddenly trying to be a gentleman. Anyway, thanks for this chapter, it was great! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

347 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 21, 2012
Last Updated on July 28, 2012


Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia