Love is a mystery

Love is a mystery

A Poem by AaronFreitas

You can see it in his eyes he is ready for love,

Feeling like tonight could be the lucky night.

First date in a while and she is looking fine!

But what will he feel at the end of the night?

 

They share many smiles and bursts of laughs…

For a second no painful memories exist.

But as the night slowly withers away,

He starts to pull away and resist.

 

She wants to lay and cuddle on the couch,

So he spends the night willingly pretending…

That this current woman makes him happy,

But it’s only getting closer to ending.

 

Hot and steamy she screams his name,

She’s thinking she’s found Mr. Right.

While thoughts flood his erratic mind…

How he can get rid of her after tonight?

 

He lacks a connection with every date…

Something that is almost unexplainable.

Add this date to the growing list of women

That can’t build any emotion that’s sustainable.

 

They come and they go but they never know

That his heart is closed because his eyes don’t show

He is broken inside though his words do not lie

Love is as mysterious as angels in the sky.

 

© 2015 AaronFreitas


Author's Note

AaronFreitas
Let me know what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sad story of love and very well done. This looks to be maybe one of your new open pieces of work??? Anyway I like it. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like stuck in your own head and trying to find someone that wants to see if their key works to get inside.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Yes of course Willard :) That was my night haha.... it's a new feeling of shutting people out. I w.. read more



Reviews

Since girls mature faster than boys, this poem could be representative of a common coming of age dilemma. It could also be a poem about struggling with sexual identity. An interesting, thought provoking, and likeable poem, Aaron, with an outstanding last line.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very Roland :) Im glad you can read it and see that it can be interpreted different ways... read more
This piece was amazing. It really shared the emotion of heartache and the inner resistance to open up after being broken down.
It was fantastic Aaron. Great work, my friend!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you Nikki :) You know my problems as well as anyone haha... appreciate your review :)
♥ Ari Skye ♥

8 Years Ago

Oh indeed. I have been there, right alone with you. By the way, I miss talking to you. Where have yo.. read more
..........love this :) ....very nicely penned and so true, he's not the only one afraid of commitment ★

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much sunprincess... Glad you liked it :)
It takes a true connection of the two hearts and communications of the eyes. An excellent one although sad...:)............

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much Sami... appreciate your review buddy :)
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

You are welcome, buddy...:)..................
Very sad, but very powerful. I love the raw emotion in this and how you put so much power into this. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you Lexi... in all my writes I really try to dig deep and put that raw emotion into it... :)
I love this. Anytime we get to know what goes on in a man's heart and mind it makes for interesting reading. I saw that you are considering leaving this site. I'm new here, but I can understand your feelings, not about this site, but about having enough of one site and ready for something new. After a year and a half on Wattpad, I find myself getting sick of the same old people, even though there are millions on that site. Coming here has been very refreshing, the people seem smarter, have a better grasp of the English language, give helpful critiques, and are very nice. The poetry I'm reading here is also a very lovely change; I've haven't been bored by any of it. I still have a lot to learn about this site, but I'm glad I found somewhere else to go besides Wattpad. I've tried other writing sites but they just weren't working for me, I could hear the sounds of crickets. Anyway, back to your poem, you are certainly not alone. Even married people can relate to what you are saying. I wish you all the best.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback Karen. I love the website so many great people on here. I have just go.. read more
Oh yes, I think there are many people like this Aaron! Men and women who never really connect with anyone in the true sense. Kind of sad if you happen to be the one who falls in love with one of those - because they never will. I guess we are all different, we just need to find the ones who are like ourselves - that can be a little hit and miss though! ;o)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Definitely can be hit and miss... and yeah it does suck when you actually find someone you like or w.. read more
I think you penned a playa here with uncanny accuracy but also not condemnatory either - you let the readers decide - a clever route to take - a balanced poem.
He's been hurt and he fills his heart (which is a leaky bucket) with carnals - trying to get that feeling of being loved. I dont think he can render without letting love in.
I liked where this took my mind Aaron. You're back alright !


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

thanks a lot buddy I appreciate your kind words :) Confusion always makes a good topic regardless o.. read more
ANTO

8 Years Ago

people love to get their teeth into a good old mystery dont they?
Welcome my friend.
I think you did a good job of this piece. Great story line, easy to read and finished well.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much africa :)
When lust plays. Love is removed. Love is never the things we do in bed but so as to what we share. Lust only escalates the fake love.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AaronFreitas

8 Years Ago

Yes it does Terrance :) Thanks for the review
Terrence Chang

8 Years Ago

Your welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3272 Views
101 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on June 13, 2015
Last Updated on November 29, 2015

Author

AaronFreitas
AaronFreitas

CA



About
I love to write, most my work tends to be on the darker side. I write from my heart and tend not to mess with it too much. I guess sometimes I write and post without focusing on what everyone else w.. more..

Writing
Reality Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..