Chapter Two: The Beginning

Chapter Two: The Beginning

A Chapter by The old me

I’ll back up a bit in the story. It’s better if you know some of my back story so you don’t think I’m completely crazy and suicidal.

My name is Charlie Pierce. I’m eighteen. I have very short brown hair with green-ish eyes, nothing too special. I live with my father, James, in the graceful city of San Francisco. It’s been my home for all of my life. This city can be soul crushing to me sometimes, well actually all the time. It’s not like the city itself kills me, just the people that live here. Mainly all the girls I know. Girls can be harsh and cold. And they do it in such a way that you actually never feel when they stab you in the back. I do have a bitter past with them, but I always felt a sense of hope that things could change. Oh how wrong I was. It all starts with my best friend.

What can I say about my best friend? My best friend, Alison Bright. I called her Alice for short. It’s hard to summarize such an amazing person but I’ll try my best. She was my same age, blonde long hair, with the most beautiful blue eyes that were highlighted by a chain of different eye liners color every day. And a laugh that just brighten up the entire room. Though a lot of people thought her laugh was annoying. I thought it was kind of a cute quality. She was always there for me. She was my stone. She kept me strong for a number of months after all the crap I had received from those other harsh girls that were in my life. The key was, the only reason I was going after those other girls was because Alison didn’t want to be more than friends. Alison was my equal, more like my perfect blend of everything I wanted in my life. She fit the physical type I liked. She was strong but weak enough to let me in to help her if I could. I was always there to help her solve her problems; it was what I was good for. She loved my type of humor which allowed me to be myself all the time. She was very smart, far beyond my own intelligence but she never made me feel stupid. And the more and more I was with her, the more my feelings for her grew.

I just knew nothing more could come from it. Our friendship started with us trying to date. But after one date, I’m guessing, an unsuccessful date, we decided to be only friends. I was cool with it at first till my feelings for her became non platonic. I knew everything about her and she knew everything about me, but in the end, she just never could feel the same way.

I text Alice while we are in separate classes.

“So movie night soon?”

“I’m not sure when I’m free.”

“Well I can find someone else then.”

“Fine, cheat on me. B*****d”

Fine. I won’t cheat on you. You’re the only girl for me, which watches movies with me and is blonde.”

“Yay. By the way, I’m so sick of this.”

“Sick of what?”

“Not being asexual.”

“Wow.”

“Hey, a girl needs her fix.”

“I wish I could help you.”

“I’m just picky; I’ll see you after class.”

Don’t most of these long time friendships end up like this? One of the friends catches stronger feelings then the other one, and then chaos begins. It’s just life. And this is the situation I’m stuck in.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"This city can be soul crushing to me sometimes"
That is an amazing line that stuck with me the whole chapter.
"She was smarter than me, but never made me feel stupid" should be She was smarter than I...
I think this is casually expressed. Good introduction so we can relate to the character, I thought. I'm really getting into his mindset. Long lasting friendship's always seem to end up this way though, don't they?

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was good. I agree with Ashley; you could have added a little more detail, but either way it was great :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOL!! funny texts. i love it! good job.

92 because you should tell how you met her or how you became friends.

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh you're good derek. :)
this is so great...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am excited to see where this goes! Great job! I really enjoyed this write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Girls can be harsh and cold but they do it in way that you actually never feel when they stab you in the back.
*Girls can be harsh and cold, and they do it in a way that you can never actually feel when they stab you in the back.
Just sounds a bit better :3
O how wrong I was.
*Oh
And the more and more I was with her, my deeper feelings for her grew.
*And the more and more I was with her, the deeper my feelings for her grew
This was so touching, this poor main character. I hope he finds love :/
Very good, was just helping with a grammar issue or two :) Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very good stuff. Love the description of Alison.
Shoots for the heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"beautiful blue eyes and a laugh that just brighten up the whole room. She was my stone..."

I like how Charlie's description of the girl is not really physical, rather its emotional, which agrees with how he fell in love with her. There may be other girls in the picture, but it's obvious through the description of her as a 'stone' and an equal, that his feelings for her run deeper than merely friendship.

I agree with someone's review down there, Amber's, that Charlie will find his true person. yes, it's true it may take a while, but it's worth the wait definitely :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"This city can be soul crushing to me sometimes"
That is an amazing line that stuck with me the whole chapter.
"She was smarter than me, but never made me feel stupid" should be She was smarter than I...
I think this is casually expressed. Good introduction so we can relate to the character, I thought. I'm really getting into his mindset. Long lasting friendship's always seem to end up this way though, don't they?

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's so sad. But perhaps there are those situations in life where you might think you have found the one, but it turns out that person is meant for another. Though I think Charlie will find his true person, but it might take a little while.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..