Chapter Ten: Goodbye

Chapter Ten: Goodbye

A Chapter by The old me

Alice goes back to Charlie’s house. No one is home now. She finds the open window and goes inside. Standing by Charlie’s desk is a red headed girl. She is holding a piece of paper, reading it. She sees Alice and walks up to her. She speaks to her.

“This is for you. You should have stopped him.”

She starts crying and jumps through the window.

Alice walks through the room. She looks around at the pointless posters and photos on the wall for all to see. She looks at the number of colorless drawings laying on the ground and the notebooks of forever untold stories. She looks out the window at the beautiful dew covered grass. She can imagine that grass under her bare feet. She looks down at the letter in her hand. It has taken her awhile to gain the courage to read the last letter of her past best friend. She lies down in her old favorite spot in the soft bed. She straightens the letter out and reads it out in her mind.

Dear Alice,

            I’m sorry that things ended this way. I just couldn’t think a live without you. I tried so much to but couldn’t. I just couldn’t think of another way out. And I knew we couldn’t ever be together. We shared common interest and personality but I just didn’t get your motor running .I’m unattractive to you. I’m unable to be loved in the way I need. It’s not your fault. You shouldn’t ever settle. You truly are an amazing person. Alice you just need to escape Wonderland and enter reality. You deserve to be happy.

-          Charlie.

ONE YEAR LATER

            Alice sits in an old wooden rocking chair. The chair moves back and forth very smoothly. She finally got her life on track. A few months after the death of her best friend, she met a man. A man that quickly fell in love with her and she soon did after. And not much time after, they got married. After a few months of being married, Alice wanted a kid. But she lacked ability to have any. Fate shined a good light on her one day. In that one faithful day, a red haired harlot gave Alice her newborn son. That son was conceived in a moment of passion that she could never forget. That is why she couldn’t raise his child. So Alice took over being the mother. She named her new found love, Charlie, after her dead best friend and the father of this child.

 



© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
short but sweet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh... My.. That was so sad. Tears are coming! Omg. You're the first book to make me cry for! CONGRATS! I loved this so much. I can't believe he really did it, though. And to think, she could just have loved him back. But that's like asking me to love Evelyn or CHRIS again.. No, just... No.

Posted 12 Years Ago


....Dx
Okay, denial gone. What an ending...it's kind of morbidly nice to read a story without a typical happy ending though, you know? You did a good job, this was so sad :(

Posted 12 Years Ago


Short and sweet is correct. Nice chapter, sadly I am reading this out of order but to your credit each chapter is a story unto itself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


holy crap.
derek... :(
this is so sad... :(( but it was a good story

Posted 12 Years Ago


moremoremore! I wanna know what Alice does now Charlies dead.
Orrr you could put a twist in it and Charlie could be pulled out of the river before he dies. And then Alice could confess her true feelings for him ^_^

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awh ): too sad. Write more!! D:

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Forgotten Forgotten

A Poem by TJ


Beautiful Sunset Beautiful Sunset

A Poem by TJ