~to the Moon & Back

~to the Moon & Back

A Poem by Frieda P

In my heart of discontent
where remembrances lie
dandelion & butterfly raindrops
land upon my face
streaming in memories
fragile recollections of a better place
wafting through the air
into the atmosphere
on a wing and a prayer
looking for a sign
are you here with me still
within the magic of a flutterby
I sigh a dandelion's breath
dancing spirals grace a zephyr
gently drifting to the clouds
made a wish upon a star,
                   they make it that far
for our essence to meet
halfway between
 the moon & back


© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
~reminder of what Lee used to say to me all the time, except she added Big Sis.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poetry is getting better and better. I hope to buy your poetry book one day and add it to my favorite. I like the flow of thoughts and how you used the language. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow John, you humble me with your kind words, thank you so much.



Reviews

Cute. You are so masterful in what you write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Where two orbits may meet between the moon and back. A wonderful thought Frieda. Playful winds send wishes to the stars. Beautiful imagery.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hi Frieda, thank you for this one, really loved reading it. I missed wc and am glad to be back.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful. Tranquil. Mindful. Thankful.
X

Posted 10 Years Ago


I take it that dandelions and butterflies represent the glee of a moment, long blown away by the wind. I sense a comparison between the dandelion and butterfly for similarities, of which would be how they're able to glide away slowly, but disappear into the background until you recall the time when beauty had brushed upon your eyes; hence the tears. Disappointment probably followed because of the failure to preserve the dandelion or to catch the butterfly, and that could be the sigh. Ending it with a wish upon a star was breathtaking, as the memory would be far away and only the craving to do things differently would exist.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very other worldly poem! I love the line "fragile recollections of a better place."

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very touching Frieda...a sad one indeed but beautifully penned...enjoyed your grace of words...hugs

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh, Frieda, this is so touching! If only wishes could come true and we could be with the ones we love one more time....just for a few moments. The poignant nature of this poem struck me...and the innocence of the thoughts. Obviously you miss her terribly. I feel this way about the cousin I grew up with. We were like siblings. Sometimes when a butterfly kisses my hand, I wonder if it might be him. Your poetry is so soft. Wonderful work. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You know I have those same thoughts about my sister Lee Lydie, on that last day a butterfly flew be.. read more
Touching and personal. The sadness makes me choked up a little. nice work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Awh Mark, you have a soft heart, thanks muchly my friend.
you write such beautiful poems about Lee--it is evidence of how much you loved each other...and how much she will always mean to you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words jacob.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8238 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013
Tags: moon, memories, butterfly, dandelions, remembrances

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..