etched your name...

etched your name...

A Poem by Frieda P
"

~

"

I fear not being able to recall your voice,                                      
                   the tone of inflection in your laughter                                                 
flibbertigibbet on your most playful days,
  endearing smile in earnest expression
regard for the smallest of creatures
 taking on the underdog's plight as your own,
  fog of your breath on rainy windowpanes
           as you etched your name,
your face lit in amusement's spark
      angle which you cocked your head inquisitively
sweet times you held my hand when you were scared,
 how we both adored the scent
                 of  wildflowers in our tresses,
times we shared in wistful reminiscences
butterflies on your wedding day and the last,
  matter of fact way you'd call me 'big sis'....
most of all I miss the exceptional warmth 
            of your sunshine in every minute's sigh

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

fog of your breath on rainy windowpanes
as you etched your name,
that line right there. I've never lost someone to suicide - only to the monsters of disease and the ticking clock. We are all wired differently - some of it is hard wiring and some - factory second work due to upbringing - the wear and tear of this difficult life on a soul not designed for so much pain...what ever it is - for me personally and what made this poem worm its way down to the place where I ache - is this: for me life presents itself, memory presents itself in the smallest of moments. I remember the exact color and shape of my dad's lips as he read me bedtime stories, when we lived in KS (I was five when we moved to AR) life continues residually in pictures, in songs, phrases, words - and you have captured this with such heartwrenching eloquence. That you can bring this back to the surface with such raw emotion and articulate the beauty in these moments - that is brave. some of us writers - we don't ever get past the rage - we are cynical and toxic. You aren't. The light as others have said just flows from you and your words.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I hope she's okay, or is this a tribute for loved one moved on? Beautiful and heartfelt, great use of six senses, metaphors and illusions all balanced in its use. although fog on window is not etching, but also understand your deeper meaning, etched in the heart... great write, as always I enjoy you for who you are and what you share with us here... thanks again.

Butch.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DJ
Don't know the story,don't really need to,it's all here;and beautifully done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
This is so beautiful Frieda ((((HUGS)))).
You are truly a beautiful person to write such words for your sister.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A wonderful tribute eulogizing your sister. Hold on to those memories and share them often with others who loved her.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The way poem is conveyed it describes the close relation and the time shared with them, its actually the warmth of relation that make us feel alive. The lines are beautiful... sigh!

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is so much beauty and care in the poem :) with a simplicity of its own and an amazing dedication..I cannot relate to the poem much cuz I am the only child though I can feel how disastrous the loss would have been for you..I know she is looking down at you with a smile from a better place than this..
You are an awesome writer :) the feelings and emotions are bursting out of the poem
-Sunya

Posted 9 Years Ago


She was a pretty girl just like her big sissy. Did she write like you too because these are the things to remember about someone who has passed from us. I know of many who when a loved one passed they made it a celebration to remember the beauty of their presence and there was smiling about the funny memories and the things that made them laugh. This is how I want to be remembered. I want happy tears over me like this poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The way by which you convey your emotions is marvelous, Frieda, and everything strikes deeply here. From the fear that your sister will be forgotten to the heavy weight of the memories on your conscience, it's all very poignant and your conveyance of your fears strikes to the bone. Truly a heartfelt piece that I hope brings yourself some form solace, well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful memories are photographs etched in the mind. Its always good to make good memories for the future. It brings a freshness to the heart, laughter to the lungs, and a smile on sad lips. Enjoyed reading this my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The longing and pining my whispers of love for the gone ahead will never cease in their morning. I made a promise that when the Sun came again I would rise with it and each time leave less of me in the day before.

-xo- hugs -xo-

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3295 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on August 22, 2014
Last Updated on August 22, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..