Chapter 5: Sith Knights

Chapter 5: Sith Knights

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 5 of Burning Shadows

"

Master Elzan led Thomas back to his quarters. As they entered the room, he touched a panel by his door, pressed a few buttons, and two food plates appeared. One was a bowl of gross-looking swamp food, the other was a pizza.
“Customary, it is for someone of your age to eat this, yes?” Thomas smiled a little bit.
“Yeah. Earth teenagers eat swamp grub all the time.” Elzan and Thomas laughed at the bad joke, then sat themselves down.
“All right Elzan, you were saying earlier? About the Sith Knights?”
“Yes. Yes. Tell you I will. Patience, you must have. Take a few bites of soup I will, then truth, shall I reveal.” After about ten minutes of Thomas munching on his pizza and Elzan slowly taking sips and bites of his soup, he began.



“Begin it did, after the destruction of the second Death Star. A group of underground Jedi re-surfaced from hiding, and returned the Jedi Order to the Galaxy. However, revealed they did of a group of those who abandoned the Jedi Order, and started their own order they did. Sith Knights, they called themselves. Believe in doing the right thing they did, however, way of getting it done rose concern. Not through peace and passive actions would peace be gained, but through violence it would be accomplished. Care about the values of the Council, they did. The way it was accomplished, they did not. Like this originally, Lord Sideous was. Believed that his peace would be best for the galaxy, he did. However, went about it the wrong way he did. Began trying to gain more power he did. Destroyed all the Jedi out of fear that they would destroy him he did. Revoked all personal rights and liberties. Enforced a new order he did. An order of fear and control. Strong was his fear. So strong he killed his own apprentice as a message to the young Skywalker. However, survive the experience Lord Vader did. Not to young Skywalker's knowledge this happened. Found the Sith Knights Lord Vader did. Strive for peace, they did, clashed with the Jedi as well sometimes. But when peace returned to the Galaxy, dormant the Sith Knights became. Realized, their dream was. Take a step back, they decided. Help preserve order in the outer rim territories they have recently. Allies, to the Jedi Order, yet enemies to the Repiblic they are.”
“Enemies? Why master?”
“Fear them, the new chancellor does. Believes end the millennium of peace, they will. Tried he has to shut them down. Protected them, the council has. However, close the chancellor has become to finding the truth. And there is also a fear growing amongst the Jedi and the Sith Knights.”
“A fear of what master?”
“A fear that rising again, the Sith Lords are. That growing, something is somewhere in the galaxy. Something dark...”
“Master, I don't think we have too much to worry about. If the Sith Lords do rise again, the Council would be ready for them. And the Sith Knights would likely be willing to help us out against them.”
“More to the fear there is young one. Betrayed, the Sith Knights think they are. By one of their own who knows their secrets. Wipe them out, he or she could with one swift stroke. Cautious, we must be. A danger to us all, this traitor would be. And already in danger they are from the persecution of the Republic.” Thomas sat on the edge of his table in a bit of a daze. Sith Kinghts? Sith Lords? Corrupt government? It seemed like the world was a lot more dangerous than even Earth was.
“Unrest, I sense in you. Worry, you should not. Come out, the truth will. And with the council's help, recognized the Sith Knights will be. For now, focus on your training we will.”

“Are you sure Elzan? You seem to have your hands tied at the moment.”
“If tied, my hands are, then use my mind to do things, I will. Come. Come. Much to complete, we must. Start you with forms of combat I will. Then meditation in the gardens we shall. Much to be done, there is, but faith in you, I have. Pass the trials with ease you will, when the time comes.” Elzan made his way out of his room. Thomas smiled, and followed in suit.



© 2014 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
A short chapter and lots of exposition, but that's because I started writing in a time jump and I felt that I needed to end the chapter before the time jump or else it wouldn't make sense. Please tell me what you think of each chapter with a review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes a short chapter compared to earlier chapters. The plot of sith knights has been explained nicely. The dialogues as usual are nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: Star Wars, sci-fi, parody


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.