Chapter 6: 1.5 Years later

Chapter 6: 1.5 Years later

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 6 of Burning Shadows

"

“Thomas! You son of a gun! How long has it been?!” Michal rushed over and embraced his friend in a bear hug.
“Well my back thinks it hasn't been long enough.” Thomas said without much breath beneath his friends crushing hug.
“Oops. Sorry man.” Michal said as he released his hold on his friend.
“Geez, and here I thought university life would soften you up.”
“Are you kidding?! Training in the force, training in lightsaber combat, living a carefree life on campus, what's not to like?!”
“Well for starters the dorm rooms stink.”
“Oh...” Michal said in a girly voice, “are you Ms. Prim and Proper now? Why don't you start telling me to wash my robe and clean my bed while your at it?”
“Because if your master ends up being a woman, then she just might telling you to do all that stuff.”
“Oh please. It's not like I have to obey EVERYTHING my master tells me.”
“Actually, you usually do.” Michal's smile drooped a little bit after hearing this.
“Maybe I won't try to graduate early after all.” They both laughed, and sat themselves down in one of the dorms reserved for Friday night movies and video games. They started playing on a really old console for a few hours.
“So how are classes here?”
“Fine. Not that interesting. Basically the same things they threw in our faces during High School. The Jedi training parts are worth it though. We are trained in just about all forms of combat, and are shown ways to use the force in ways we never thought we could use before.”
“You mean using the force to button mash in this particular game like you are doing right now?”
“Oh come on! How did you figure me out?!”
“Simple. You use the force like a child bashes a drum. I on the other hand...” A giant PLAYER 2 WINS message popped up on the screen and Michal tossed his controller on the floor.
“Dude, I should be ticked about how you cheated to beat me, but how the heck did you hide the fact that you WERE cheating from me?!”
“Experience, and a strong master. Boom. Done.”
“Oho, a challenge, is it? How about we take this outside?”
“Sure, but I don't think we should risk hurting each other. Give me a second.” Thomas tapped a few buttons on his wrist watch and a droid with training lightsabers appeared right outside the window.
“Choose your weapons wisely my friend. I have found my prefered style of combat. Time for you to choose yours.” Thomas said as he grabbed two single-handed weapons and jumped out the window. Michal grabbed a double-bladed lightsaber and followed in suit. The droid activated a saftey force field to make sure that nobody jumped in and interrupted them.
“Oh come on Thomas. Where's the fun if there aren't people in the way?”
“Do you realize what my master would do to me if I didn't play by the rules?!”
“Dude, you've been working with for the last year and a half. I think that he might be a bit more relaxed about this situation.”
“Whatever dude. Lets fight.” The two of them ignited their blades, and began. The fight only lasted about 30 seconds. Thomas used his lightsabers to disarm his opponent and pin him down.
“Luck, luck, luck. All luck.” Michal kept saying.
“Dude, I'm a Jedi Padawan. You don't even have your University degree yet. You aren't going to catch up to me any time soon.” Thomas said as he deactivated his lightsabers and returned them to the droid. Michal got up and returned his blade as well.
“Say Thomas, why go with a dual-wield style anyways? I figured that you would have wanted to go with a two-handed blade rather than dual-wield. I mean, since your great-grandfather used that style.” Thomas fell silent for a few seconds, and clenched his right hand into a fist.
“You don't ever bring up my ancestors again. You hear me?! We've established this Michal.”
“Do'h. Sorry man. Hey, why don't we forget about that and go get some lunch.” Thomas shook it off and decided to go with him to the University cafeteria. They grabbed a few trays of food and sat themselves down with a group of Michal's friends. They chatted up sports, women, speeders, and all that good stuff while Thomas sat there observing everything. Ever since he had been named a Padawan about a year and a half ago, he had been having the time of his life. Not doing anything crazy or fancy like University students, but he was helping people and learning about the world around him in a way he had never seen it before. Through just doing every day odd jobs to help people around him, he felt accomplished. Like he had found his calling in life. He just wanted to do good for the world no matter what people said or thought. And he was happy. He didn't need all the craziness of University students trying to squeeze out as much of their youth as they had left before growing up. He just needed something in life to make him feel like he made a difference. All of his superiors were saying that he would possibly become one of the greatest Jedi Knights of all time, all except for Master Kenobi. But he didn't dwell on that. Nor did he dwell on whatever positive words were coming from everybody else. To him, all that mattered was that he was the best person he could be no matter what happened to him. As his friends were talking, he noticed somebody familiar walking towards a table with a guy he had never met before.

“Faith Insion! Is that you?!”
“Thomas?! It has been a while!” They walked over to each other and chatted each other up for a bit, catching up on life.
“So, looks like your new relationship is flourishing. You two have been dating for what, about eight months now? Looks like you two are happy.”
“Yeah, we are happy. I mean, after what happened almost two years ago, I never thought I would love again and my life was over, blah blah blah. I mean, I'm happy and I feel like this relationship is going well.”
“Well good for you! Glad to see things are going well.” Thomas noticed that his friends were calling him back to the table and they said their goodbyes.
“Hey, Thomas?” Faith said to him as he turned to leave, “Ever think that we could have gone anywhere?”
“What's done is done Faith. If we had both joined the Council at the same time, than maybe. But I think this is for the best. You seem happy with who you are with, and I'm enjoying my life. I mean, not much to worry about. God has been good to us, and I am thankful. Now if you will excuse me, my friends are making pathetic attempts to drag me back to the table using the force, and I don't want to disappoint them for to long.” he said with a chuckle. As they walked off, Thomas was thinking more deeply about the last question she had asked him. Even after his visit with Michal was done, he still pondered it. All the way back to his room. As night fell, he said into the emptyness to no one in particular,
“But sometimes, I wish it had gone somewhere...”



© 2014 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
This was originally supposed to be a part of the last chapter, but I felt that it would work better as a stand alone chapter. Please tell me what you think of each chapter with a review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OK this chapter needs grammar editing rest its awesome, I like the plot and its really interesting .

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: Star Wars, sci-fi, parody


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.