Chapter 10: Flames of War

Chapter 10: Flames of War

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 10 of Burning Shadows

"

 Thomas finished packing his things and made his way towards one of the newly re-issued Star Destroyers for fighting against the Sith Lords. It had been a few weeks since his battle with Darth Miyata, and everything had been hectic. To increase strength in numbers, exceptional students from the Jedi University were encouraged to graduate early, and clone troopers were being processed even faster than the third Clone Wars. State and Jedi troopers were needed in order to fight off the newest threat to the Galaxy. The Senate decided that in light of the events that had transpired with the Chancellor being corrupt, they would elect a new chancellor, but emergency powers would be granted to the Jedi Council. This way, the battle would be kept between the Jedi and the Sith Lords, and the state could focus on keeping order across the galaxy. The Sith Knights were given full pardons for false crimes and hailed as war heroes for their bravery against the attack on the outer-rim territories. They were all given their own quarters in the Jedi temple, as well as new lightsabers as to not confuse them with the enemy. Each Jedi who had been granted the rank of at least Knight was given a division of troopers, starfighters, and land equipment. Thomas, being a newly imitated Jedi Knight, was given the task of being a second in command to Master Elzan on his ship. He was told that after about a few months on the battlefield he could come back, train a padawan, and gain a fleet of his own. Thomas wasn't super excited about the idea of being a war horse, but being a Jedi was the job he signed up for, so he seemed to have no choice in the matter. He hoped onto a hovercart that was carrying a few troopers to the Star Destroyer he was heading for. Thomas started some small talk with the troopers on the cart, and managed to lighten the mood a little bit. Ever since the first clone wars, troopers had been created from the DNA of bounty hunter Jango Fett, then they also added the DNA of important people such as Han Solo, Lando Calrisian, and many other heroes from across the history of the galaxy. All for the purpose of improving the safeties within troopers. To ensure that something like the Fall of the Jedi never happened again, clones were programed to only obey those in authority, and no one had the ability to order the death of somebody who gives orders. So a Jedi couldn't order the death of a senate member and vice versa. Also, the troopers overtime were given more and more freedom for their personalities to help make sure that clone-rights activists didn't get too upset. Thomas hopped off the cart and boarded the ship. He saw his fighter being loaded in one of the hangers on the side of the ship alongside old TIE fighters and X-Wing fighters re-issued from the makers. He hoped into one of the many transport trains across the ship and made his way to the bridge. As he got out, he saw several trooper generals briefing Master Elzan on what they were going to do. As Thomas approached them, Master Elzan pointed at him, then went over to the helm of the ship. Thomas, a little confused, was about to go after him.
“Your master has requested that we tell you what the plans are sir Jedi.” One of the troopers said.
“All right, and my the way, my name is Thomas.”
“Thomas? I'll just call you commander. As for me, my operating name is H-5263. But I just go by Flyguy.”
“That for a specific reason or just an inside joke?”
“Mainly an inside joke. I'm the captain of the fighter squad of hanger 3, and our group is kind of known for our trick flying during training. But enough of that. On to the plans. The Jedi Council thinks that it would be wise to remove the power of the Sith Lords before everything gets out of balance and we are the ones trying to hide with what we have. So us and about 20 other Star Destroyers are going to launch an invasion on the planet Shromar. One of the few outer-rim territories that actually put up a fight when the Sith Lords landed. We haven't heard anything from them or the enemy yet, but some of the probe droids we snuck in showed that there are still skirmishes between the Sith Lords and the local law enforcement. We don't know how much resistance we might get from the Sith Lords in orbit or once we reach the atmosphere, but it is more than likely that we will have our work cut out for us once we land on the surface. Master Elzan wishes for you to be a part of the initial assault with the fighters and plans on having you possibly join the fray at a later time. If that does come to pass, you have been issued squad 24, a strong team of troopers that can get the job done. I won't guarantee anything just yet. After all, it has been a millennium since the last time troopers had to go into combat.”
“I trust you Flyguy. Am I correct to assume that you will be accompanying me when the fighters begin their attack on any ships in orbit?”
“Yes commander. If you will follow me please,” He motioned Thomas over to one of the situation rooms where they had holograms of the planet up and running as well as small figures representing the ships of the Jedi.
“Our group of fighters will not launch until after hangers 1 and 2 from each of the front lines of Star Destroyers launch into action. Then we go in and clean up whatever is left in orbit, then we lead the charge into the atmosphere. After that is completed, we will fall back into orbit and dock back on our respective Star Destroyers. Trooper pilots will then stay on the ship, but since you are a Jedi, it is more than likely that you will hop onto one of the last few troop transports to the surface and help with the land assault.” A light then started flashing, and Thomas felt the ship begin to rumble beneath his feat as the Star Destroyer took off. Since this was one of the newer models of the Star Destroyer, the number of people it required to pilot it had been reduced to a whooping number of two people. Multiple Anti Spacecraft guns were mounted across the ship, as well as the latest in hyperdrive engine technology. Back when it was first invented, most ships had to do calculations by hand. Nowadays, charts were predetermined by planet systems and satellites around asteroid fields. As the Star Destroyer cleared orbit of Courascant, they made the jump into hyperspace. Thomas wasn't phased by the small lurch that came with the jump to hyperspace since he had developed a resistance to it having to do multiple trips from Courascant to Earth. He looked over at the troopers and noticed that they had nearly fallen over when the ship lurched. He chuckled at this a little bit, then helped them get their bearings again.
“Thanks for that commander. Now then, you and I will lead the fighters from hanger 3 into battle. Everybody has a specific title in accordance with the ship. For example, fighters in TIE Fighters are Gray, X-Wing Fighters are Red, Y-Wings are Yellow, and Jedi Fighters are Gold. So your wing name is 3 Gold Leader and my name since I am the hanger commander is 3 Red Leader. 3 for the hanger number, the color for ship, and then your rank. A normal fighter might have a wing name like 3 Gray 7. The pilot will let us know when we are approaching Shromar, then we will board our ships. For us, it is not as much a rush because we will be going out later than the other fighters, but it is still wise to be prepared as quickly as possible. And with the speed of hyperdrive engines, that might be sooner than you might expect. Now if you will excuse me, me and my second here have some business to attend to.” With that said, Flyguy and the other trooper made their way towards one of the train stops and hopped on a train for the hangers. Thomas made his way to the main window of the bridge and gazed out at the stars and planets whizzing by faster than the blink of an eye. He didn't think for the life of him that he would ever have to fight in a war. Something like that seemed like an old tale for the members of the Jedi Council who lived for a very very long time. Even though he felt this, he was also excited that he would be able to do more good for the Galaxy beyond what he was doing on Courascant for the last few years. Master Elzan walked up next to him and gazed out the window as well. There was no need for words. What was about to happen was something that had not been seen by the Republic for a millennium. Now was the time to remain focused and not to try and lighten the mood. Now was the time for war.



© 2014 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Another late update, I know. But hey, at least I finished it!
Please review and tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it was superb, cant wait for the war to begin

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Star Wars, sci-fi, parody


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.