Hooker

Hooker

A Poem by MandaBear
"

just alittle something i made up

"

Standing  on the street corner like a prize to be won.

Waiting for pleasure to find her.

Uses her feminine charms to reel them in.

She has them in the palm of her hand.

 

Giving the customer what they pay for.

Making a name for herself trying to become the creme of the crop.

Putting on a brave face for the world unknown.

Flaunts all she has to get by and to live.

 

Red lipstick, Fishnet stockings, high-heeled shoes line her body.

The stand of the lipstick is left on the collars of satisfied men.

Some waiting more but she leaves them needing more.

To ensure she will give service later.

 

Should we call them Independent businses women or lost souls trying to find a place in the cold, dark underwold of the night??

© 2013 MandaBear


Author's Note

MandaBear
just something i made up tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

o.o wow

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah, it is a cruel world when the person is hooker. It is very dark and heartless world. The customers don't care about her feelings and little does she for herself.

In a sense, there are situations you are dragged into this world without your own will because for the money.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Great question.
as a defining moniker, i think hooker has served well, and will continue to do so


Posted 13 Years Ago


It is a great write! truthful and to the point. Thanks for sharing =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have known many woman who were Hookers. We live in a world that value the flesh. When there is need for the feel of flesh. Woman will be able to make money. With age added to my life. Sex is important. But I learn there is a lot more things that are important. I like the poem. Direct and to the point. In a point about being a Soldiers. I stated once. When Soldiers are mercenaries for the Government for oil and wealth. Ain't nothing as bad as being a cheap w***e. A excellent poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's really good.... I have great admiration for people who can tackle dark subject matter... You dealt with it honestly and with grace... You had great compassion for some who most people don't you are really growing as a poet I am so proud of you... You have reached great lengths in a short amount of time

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well written. The first line just caught me. This is true to life and gritty.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The emotion could be added. I would love to see this expanded to what the guy thinks of her.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the sad truth this one is. people being treated like food in a vending machine..
it's not a powerful poem, though. i think it's because of the ending..end it with something that has impact. maybe something about what the hooker thinks or feels. there isn't much emotion written here ,too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i didn't really enjoy this, sorry :/
should "waiting" be "wanting"? and "stand" be "stain"?
this seemed it could be better as just prose with some connecting words added in.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: hooker, boots, corners, men, lipstick, poem, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..