My Person

My Person

A Story by pia
"

i tend to go through extreme emotional cycles (everyone does).

"

 

Who am I? I struggle to go forth with this question for the sole reason that; I do not know who I am. I keep erasing sentences as i move forward. The struggle to form the image of my ‘person’ leaves me unhinged in a world of perfect and imperfect perceptions I have of myself. Am I the person I believe I am? Or am I what others think of me? Unable to cope with expectations and requirements from the world, my ‘person’ breaks away from me. It has a mind of its own now.  A mind stronger than mine, it takes over my emotions. It takes over every bit of me. I’m but a puppet working on what it wants. However, it doesn’t know what it wants....it changes every day. It changes when I meet people. It changes when I’m alone.  

 

My ‘person’ reshapes its consistency as I surround myself with others. It lets me laugh, joke, speak my mind. It lets me be an extrovert; gaining everyone’s attention by being the feather-brained ‘person’ I tend to be. I love being the centre and making the world revolve around me. It’s pretentious but, it’s my ‘person’.  Suddenly, the centre collapses into a dark meaningless pit of shattered morale. I crawl back into the box I conceal my ‘person’ in. The ‘person’ too scared to show itself, fearful of self- doubt and rejection. The ‘person’ needs some time to regain motivation.  I’ll wait while it restores its courage and emerges back. This time different again. 

© 2017 pia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
N.
I love this piece because it pull back the curtain and we get to see what you are going through while trying to figure out who you are. Which to be honest, I think we all thought at sometime or another in our lives. It is a very vulnerable piece which to me was very courageous of you to put it out there. Thank you for sharing a piece of you with the world. N.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your analysis on it !!!
N.

6 Years Ago

No. Thank you for writing something so raw and real.



Reviews

my favorite part..."I crawl back into the box I conceal my person in" Great write and spoken from the heart....Many of us wear a different mask for different situations, but underneath we are the same "person"

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was engaged from the beginning... Very well written and worded, and most of all... from your heart and emotions...
I loved it!


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A really good thought-provoking story that highlights what a lot of people go through. Someone can be a type of person one day; then a completely different type the next. Nice one!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Thankss !!
I love the depth portrayed in the second paragraph, it really highlights how there's a lot more to people than meets the eye. Great work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

Yeee boiz thanks

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1638 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2017
Last Updated on April 28, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The 'Lehenga' The 'Lehenga'

A Story by pia


CRAZY POET CRAZY POET

A Story by CAPOLAVORO