When You Are a Beginner

When You Are a Beginner

A Poem by Saumya
"

all those thoughts which arise in our mind being a beginner...

"
When you are a beginner,
nothing around 
seems easier...
It feels like
this world is a big sphere
and we,
simply a tiny creature.
When you are a beginner,
you are filled with endless vigor...
that something
which is highest,
when compared to any
other level..
When you are a beginner,
everything around
seems like
a wonderful element,
of an interesting picture..
Everyone around,
like the best teacher,
and every situation,
deliberately trying
to teach something newer...
When you are a beginner,
you are completely
at a different level,
knowing nothing, but still
fighting with everything
difficult..
and hoping for something better...
But being a beginner
is interesting 
in its own sphere,
as here
we cant even wonder,
whether the next moment
would be sunshine,
or a huge thunder..
So whatever you are today,
a beginner or older,
you need to have hope in all spheres,
for life always teaches you
something newer..
and day by day
tries to make you better.
and then, we can never wonder,
what this once called a "beginner",
would turn out to be after some time,
or years...

© 2013 Saumya


Author's Note

Saumya
i hope you all enjoyed reading it..
i'll be really glad to see your reviews and please rate it:)
many thanks
saumya:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have a very positive outcome for someone as a beginner; please don't ever lose that. A lot of people find beginning something to be a frightening experience or they're self conscious about it because they don't want to be seen as a beginner. A poem like this goes a long way to instilling the a bit of reinforcement that beginning should be view as a positive experience, that learning something should be fun and enlightening.

Thanks again for the read request; great work as usual, Saumya.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Saumya

10 Years Ago

thank you soo much Matt:) glad you enjoyed it:)



Reviews

Every time I think I know something, I find myself learning something new about it, or about myself, or even someone else. I've never been this old before, so I suppose I'm always a beginner!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Saumya

6 Years Ago

:) thankyou for sharing your thoughts.life, indeed is a lesson to be learnt and lived everyday.
Eternal optimism! I like this. As someone who works with young people, I agree that the beginner is valuable. Beginners must not lose hope- everyone started there once!

I enjoyed the message very much.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Saumya

6 Years Ago

Thankyou so much dear 😊 I'm glad youb loved d this piece.
Suamya,
Well written and very thought provoking. You covered a lot of ideas and thoughts in a smooth and easy flowing way. One of the best written poems I have read. Clear and concise with a natural progression. I look forward to reading more of your fine work.
Blessings,
Richie b.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Saumya

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Richie :)
I'm glad you liked this piece

Sincerely,
S.. read more
Nice write! I only see a few grammar errors, like remember to keep it all in the same tense, especially in the first stanza, and, other than that, it's really good. I like your flow.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like your overall concept & the way you expressed it here. My only "bump" was the way you use "beginner" to mean someone young & then there are the old people used in comparison. Even tho I get what you mean by this, it's kind of a put-down for older people, as if we can't also be a beginner in anything new we wish to do. In fact, trying new things is the best way of NOT being a stereotypical old person. But this is just my opinion. I think you are trying to allude to this in the ending, as if anyone can be a beginner, but this last stanza does not do it justice. It sounds like more of a general pep talk, rather than conveying a single powerful idea, for example, that we are all beginners, all our lives, becuz life throws curve balls all the time and we must learn to adapt & pick ourselves up & keep going. In summary, I think the weakness of this message is that it's too general. When we add details & draw word pictures of how things look & feel & happen, then our writing becomes more original & memorable. This is a good message & I'm not saying to change it. But as you write more & more, try to differentiate your message with details & focus.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Saumya

7 Years Ago

Thank you Margie :)

This was basically a poem that I wrote in my college lab unplanne.. read more
Being a beginner I learned not to home any fear of failure. Yet failed and again started learning from the last failure. Beautiful motivational write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Saumya

7 Years Ago

Thanks deep :)
Glad u enjoyed the write!
I hope this is one of the stepping stones from being a beginner to being an expert. Good write. Keep writing.

Best,
~KA~

Posted 8 Years Ago


For a beginner, if you are indeed one, this is not a bad beginning at all. The poem feels innocent and refreshingly honest. It is humble in its presentation but the desire and eagerness to learn is also palpable. I often find that new writers lend a kind of raw freshness to their poems that more experienced writers often don't. I could at this point offer several pieces of technical advice with regards to the aesthetics of the poem but I will do no such thing. I think you need to hone your raw talent simply by writing more for a while. Just unleash your creativity and in the process, you will carve and identity for yourself. Once your persona as a poet takes form, the intricacies of craftsmanship will follow. Keep smiling, keep writing and enjoy your creative journey. All the best!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Saumya

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for stopping by, reading and reviewing my write!
It was indeed one of the b.. read more
Augustus

8 Years Ago

You're welcome Saumya!
Such a wonderful write by you...a pleasure to read:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


well done saumya,u r not a beginner,u may go far away in writting.

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1931 Views
75 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 23, 2013

Author

Saumya
Saumya

India



About
Hi all:) this is me....Saumya well, i don't have much to tell you all about me.. but yes to start with, I love writing & painting.(you can find some of my paintings in the "my photos" section of.. more..

Writing
Write Write

A Poem by Saumya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Look Up Look Up

A Poem by Pryde Foltz