A Time Lord's Past

A Time Lord's Past

A Chapter by The Doctor

I sit up up, holding my ribs with a light groan. Jessica looks at me, giving me a look that a mother would give a misbehaved child.
"What?"
"You should lay down."
"With a roaming pyscopathic alien, creating the darkest nightmares of children and adults alike?"
She doesn't say anything, just looks away shyly. I nod with a smile and find my clothes and redress. Not bothering to fix my tie or tuck my shirt in. Making sure my screw driver is in my inner pocket before leaving.
"Where you going?" Vernatain's wife asks.
"I need to go to my TARDIS and think. I need the space."
I walk out, barely noticing that Jessica was falling me. The whole way back the wind blow, lightening flashed and thunder roared. Shaking the ground with its power. In the dark along the side of the road growling and snarling could be heard. Animals of all walks of dreams snapping at my ankles, wanting to rid of me. But the Nightmare Child simply held them back, trying to put fear in me. Put the fear of its power in me. But it's only pissing me off.
I snap my fingers and the TARDIS doors swing open, allowing us to enter. I toss my trench coat off to the side on the archway and continue to the console. Tapping a few buttons in thought, my eyes looking at the high level of activity outside. All the monsters and the energy flowing throughout the place.
"It's been here for a long time. A very long time. Almost impossible period."
I tap my fingers on the edge in thought. Instinctively putting a hand over my ribs. What the hell do I do? I can't find her at the moment. If i lure her out I need to be able to fight her. I just don't want to kill anymore. A weapon I use all the time but as a last resort. Where can I put her? Medusa Cascade? The void? Drop her off back in the Time War? Or... Take her with me... Allow her to ride with me in the TARDIS... Show her the beauties... Allow her to be a child...
"Doctor, can you talk to me?" Jessica walks over to me, standing next to me.
"I'm going to invite her to travel with me," I smile wide with the idea. "It is better than killing, and a lot more fun. Wouldn't you say?"
I run out the doors and stand several feet from the TARDIS.
"NIGHTMARE CHILD! I HAVE AN OFFER!" I scream at the top of my lungs.
I stop and wait, in response the wind dyes down, the thunder quiets and she appears a few feet in front of me.
"What does The Doctor have to offer me! Not possibly more than the fun I have here. Or the power."
I slide my hands into my trouser pockets and look at her softly.
"Travel with me. With us. I want you to show you the beauty. I don't want to fight anymore. I fought for so long. I'm tired of it. I want to show and be better... NO more violence.."
"The Doctor. Gallifrey's greatest and most feared warrior, is reduced to a spineless human. You have become so much like them it makes me sick!"
"And yet look at you. Tormenting innocent beings. Beings that have done nothing to you. Have not fought or pose a threat."
"I'm using a Time Lord's power like it was meant to be used. You have become so weak!"
"I have kept the truth of Time Lords. We were so great- standing over the universe, watching over it, protecting it, keeping theifs and parallel travelers from out of the loop. That is what we are suppose to do. We are suppose to watch and protect. Not control and put fear into all living things."
"What is the difference between your vision and mine? Either way Time Lords are in control. Either way we are feared."
I look at her softly, close to defeat.
"Just come with me.. Let me show you beauty and not this," I look around at the creatures and the landscape, "You don't need this. Please...?" I hold out my hand.
She looks at it, then back up to me. Slowly she walks forward, takes it. I smile and we walk hand-in-hand into the TARDIS. Jessica gives a look of uneasiness, eyes on the child.
"You know," the child says, "I think I will like this."
The doors slam shut and the TARDIS starts to travel. She throws me against the closed doors, pinning me there.
"I think I will travel the universe. And I will do it with out you!"
The doors fly open and I'm thrown out into the time vortex. I fall out of it and land on earth. I collide with a brick wall and slam into the ground. 
"UGH!"
I roll over and rest on my knees, convulging the whole time, my body getting ready to die. Falling through the time vortex was like nothing I ever felt. The all forms of pain, the swirling, disorientation. My body tingling like it was hit with high voltage. My eyes are clamped shut tight, trying to fight the pain. I roll over onto my back and let out a groan and a little yell as my body snaps open and then closed. I stay like that for several minutes until I can open up and sit against the building. 
I look over my coat and clothes, finding them fryied, burnt and coming undone around the edges.
"This was my favorite coat too, and suit," I sigh and stand up, stumbling and slipping.
I walk on and stop immediately. Looking around all I see are posters, reading SAXON. Every where. On doors, walls, telephone polls. I look in on a TV and see myself, being aged by The Master.
"Oh, this is bad, this is very, very bad."


© 2011 The Doctor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ahh trench coat the tenth doctor. the time vortex i never thought what would happen if you fall through it but i like the consiquences.

YEAH THE MASTER!!!! he always makes things interesting

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH MY TIME LORD. This is... terrible. Is this taking place before or after the Year That Never Was? I'm guessing AFTER, because he would never know what the Master looks like.

HOLY CRAP. I didn't expect any of this to happen.

GET THE TARDIS BACK DOCTOR~ *goes to help him*

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

594 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011


Author

The Doctor
The Doctor

About
ask away and i'll tell. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by The Doctor


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The Doctor