WELCOME TO THE CAFE  ( PLACE YOUR AD HERE)

WELCOME TO THE CAFE ( PLACE YOUR AD HERE)

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

too many ads...too many ads

"
TOO MANY ADS...TOO MANY ADS
Academy
Online Dating Sites
Q Link Smartphones
Agency 451 Marketing
Visa

TOO MANY ADS...TOO MANY ADS
Mark's Clothing Warehouse
CHCP nursing college
Tollfree Forwarding.Com
Thor Industries
Progressive Insurance

TOO MANY ADS...TOO MANY ADS
Online Surveys
Online College Sites
Actian Analytics (what is that?)
Celebrity Gossip Sites
Consumer Products USA

We live in a world of options. Shouldn't the writerscafe give us the option of ads or no ads to our accounts? I'll refrain from speaking negative about the writing and publishing ads that are placed here . I think they are essential to furthering a writer's dreams beyond the cafe. But as I reveal my heartbreak and loneliness in a creative way, do I have to be reminded of these online dating sites of " dream" women that I will never meet? Do you know the shocking feeling you get when a store you've gone to for years is suddenly closed and the building is up for lease? I don't think I'm going to get that feeling when this site is no longer here...







© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
I remember this site used to be just for writing...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nothing is free. T'is the trade off. Though I wish certain TYPES of ads would not be here, it's the price we pay

Posted 5 Years Ago


I try to just ignore the adverts; though I do understand that the cost of running and maintaining the Cafe has to be met somehow. At least we don't seem to be suffering the fate of Facebook users; not that I'd be particularly adverse to someone hacking into my poetry. :))

Beccy.

Posted 6 Years Ago


It happens everywhere I post. Sign of the times. I try my best to ignore the ads and concentrate on the writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You should try ad blocker... and change the browser (other than google)....it helped me... my data was drained...finally had to find a solution...the ads.just crazy....finally now started using another browser and installed ad. Blocker now I don't find a single one:)
Try that....

Posted 6 Years Ago


Guess it’s all about money. The website owner seems more concerned with traffic to this website than creating a space for writers online. Sure, less adds will mean less income, but if just one of us gets to publish a book which becomes an international best seller, the publicity of “It all started on Writer’s Cafe” could be priceless. Well, could have been, rather. Business ideas often start when members of the public cannot find that perfect product through existing channels. I’d like to believe we have at least a few highly skilled individuals on this website....own initiative can go a very long way, when resources and skills are pooled....

Posted 6 Years Ago


yep, some are okay but it gets out of hand.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I used to see a few ads, but don't anymore. Could it be my ad blocker? My son installed it for me, or I'd tell what kind it is. I could find out. Being a great hater of ads and commercials, I can certainly understand your displeasure.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Right? Ugh... I could not agree with you more. I kinda wish old Charlie would just solicit for donations as opposed to force feeding us non sense advertisements.

Hellopoetry is a site that comes to mind when I think about a solid site without ads. But it has it's own drawbacks.

I think that, over time, this site will get better. The owner is kind of absent from what I hear. (which can be a good thing, he lets the site police itself... that's one thing here that's kind of awesome I think. But not in regard to the ads or spam BS... he needs to be proactive on that shib)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I agree KC and thank you for writing this!:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


they just need to earn that is the reason why they place those ads, i just ignore them

Posted 6 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4423 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2018
Last Updated on March 21, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee