Chapter 1: Me, Hope

Chapter 1: Me, Hope

A Chapter by Lyghea
"

Getting to know Hope.

"

          When I was younger, I got diagnosed with two fatal dieases. Cancer of the skin, and a small tumor in my brain. I was born with Cancer, doctors don't know why. I got the brain tumor when i was three. I orginally wasn't even suppose to live to my first birthday. I'm nine now, and so far I have survived nine years...and I'm still living. Day after day, I'm home...hoping I don't die.

 

          My mother named me and my little sister, hoping it would help us get through our difficult lives. My name is Hope. My sister's name, who is seven, is Faith. You could say we are a very close family. You could almost say I'm normal. I play sports, and I go to school.

 

          I love to play volleyball and basketball. I have volleyball every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have basketball practice every day of the week besdies Sunday. You may think I go to the hospital a lot, but honestly, I don't all that much. Every month I have to go for a check-up to make sure I'm still healthy enough for school and sports.

 

          A typical school day for me is; going to the bus stop, waiting for the bus, getting on the bus, wait for the bus to get to school, arrive at school, get off the bus, go to my homeroom and every forty-five minutes switch classes. Usually people ask me who I take my classes with, expecting one teacher to be named. I'm in fourth grade, but htat doesn't mean I can't switch classes. Anyways, I name all my teachers. Mr. Pwlazerin, my reading teacher, Mrs. Zoolong, my social studies teacher, Mr. Angel-Sir, my music teacher, Mr. Jenks my health and P.E. teacher, Mrs. Annicks, my math teacher, Mr. Oolong, my english teacher, and Mrs. Pennington, my art teacher.

 

          I sometimes have the feeling that teachers play favorite with me just because I have two incurable dieases. I know kids in my class have problems with the teachers always playing favorites, so I always ask that they don't. But what do I know, they still do anyways. People don't think I realize that the teachers always play favorite with me, but I actually do. Depending on what class I'm in at the time, the teachers and I have to moniter when I have to take my medications.

 

          I'm perscribed by doctors to have pernament/lifetime medicine. I'm on steriods. I stay clean, but they are the good kind that will keep my safe and alive for now. I also have to watch my diet. To much meat, and that could be a risk to my health. That's why I became a vegitarian. Mom and my doctors didn't want me becomming a perkatarian...they didn't think it would good for me. They thought it would be a risk to my health. I didn't argue.

 

          I have a big family. I have a mom, a dad, four sisters, and five brothers. You already heard about my sister Faith. My other sisters are Annie, Jesse, and Juliet. My brothers are Alex, PJ, Daniel, Freddie, and Tommie. I have two dogs. Astrid and Shawdow. I also have a horse named Maple.

 

          Every once in a while I will have my best friend, Bella come over and hang out with me. Most people are drawn away from me becasue they think my dieases are contagious. They aren't. Bella has been the only person around long enough to understand how my dieases actually "work." And this was only the beggining.



© 2011 Lyghea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on April 30, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

Lyghea
Lyghea

Never Let Me Go



About
Quotes! *Everyone can write, Being able to make something out of that? That's true talent.* 1. Sometimes, the heart sees What’s invisible to the eye. 2. Never be bullied into silence.. more..

Writing
F**k Feelings F**k Feelings

A Poem by Lyghea


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Lyghea