Chapter 2:Faith No More

Chapter 2:Faith No More

A Chapter by Lyghea
"

Faith begins to have problems. She becomes addmitted to the hospital.

"
          Today is June 21st, 2008. Today is my birthday. My day was full of swimming. Me, Alex, Tommie, Freddie, Jesse, Juliet, Annie, Daniel, PJ, and Faith all went swimming in our pool today. We were all playing water hoops. Even Bella was over! I thought to myself 'what could go wrong?' It was all perfect. I was ten, and I'm still living, out of the hospital spending time with my friend and my family. We were all at one end, and Faith was at the other. We didn't realize that she wasn't with us because we were so caught up in the game. Faith gets up and walks out of the water and sits down on the bench. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time.

When I went over to make sure she as okay, I saw that she broke out in a rash. I asked her if she felt okay, and she said she was feeling a little light headed. I got up out of the water, and felt her forehead. She was burning up, and fast, too! I became worried. So I went inside and got mom. She came out and felt her forehead, took her temperature, then told her to go lay down in her room. Faith went in to her room and laid down. She was watching T.V. until she found a movie to watch. She found 'Twilight New Moon' to watch. The next morning, she was fine.

On July 1st, Faith broke out again. Mom told her what she said the 1st time she broke out. Again, it went away a day later. Then on Independence day, July 4th of all days, she broke out so badly that she was admitted to the hospital. I didn't know it was this painful to see a family member in the hospital. Seeing Faith was ten times worse. She is the sister I was closest to. I couldn't even imagine what my family was going through. This is the second time they have seen one of their children in the hospital for something severe and life threatening. This was the first time for me, and that hurt bad enough already.

This was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. My youngest sister was full of tubes and taking blood samples every few hours. Mom told me it looked like me when I was first admitted into the hospital. Since I got Cancer when I was born, I knew mom was talking about when the doctors found out I had a tumor in my brain at age 3. I couldn't imagine how my family felt now, seeing their youngest sibling, or their youngest child in the hospital. Mom didn't know what was going to be coming at her.

We spent the next week at the hospital. It was just me, mom, dad, Jesse, and Alex that stayed. We went from the hospital to school then from school to the hospital. I was worried that she might die because the doctors say they don't know exactly what she has or even why. They said they are doing everything they can to figure out what is wrong with her. That's why in school my grades have been slipping. I haven't been focusing on my school work, but on the health of my littlest sister.

From youngest to oldest, it goes Faith, Juliet, PJ, Tommie, me, Daniel, Alex, Annie, Freddie, then Jesse. Having me and Daniel as the middle children isn't all that bad. We are all about one year, if not less apart. That means if I'm ten, then Faith is about seven years of age. That's young to be in the hospital with a critical condition. Doctors have tested for almost everything. The two things they haven't checked for yet is Cancer, and Ebola. I really hope it's nothing, and it's just another brake out. But being bad enough to get admitted to the hospital; I can allow myself to think that this may be the end to my sister's life.

For the past two weeks, Faith has been getting worse, and worse. Doctors don't think it is a hope. They say if the take any more blood samples, she's as sure as to be dead. They said one of us would have to be a match in order to take more blood. They said they would knock out Faith and take blood from the one of us who matches, then they will take Faith's infected blood, put in the new blood; then they will just wait for her to wake up. They said it wouldn't effect her, but who knows.

They found out I was a match and so was Alex and Jesse. Mom, dad, and I argued over who would give the blood. I wanted to, but even the doctors said it wouldn't be a good idea with my illness. Mom and dad kept going at it to see who would give the blood; Alex or Jesse. They decided Alex because he hasn't been as sick as Jesse, or as many times as Jesse. They thought Alex might have the healthier blood. Alex went ahead with the procedure.


© 2011 Lyghea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on April 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011


Author

Lyghea
Lyghea

Never Let Me Go



About
Quotes! *Everyone can write, Being able to make something out of that? That's true talent.* 1. Sometimes, the heart sees What’s invisible to the eye. 2. Never be bullied into silence.. more..

Writing
F**k Feelings F**k Feelings

A Poem by Lyghea


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Lyghea