Chapter 3: Faith is dying

Chapter 3: Faith is dying

A Chapter by Lyghea
"

Doctors find out what illness Faith has, but they think they are to late to save her now.

"
After the doctors took the blood sample, they went ahead and tried for Cancer and Ebola. We had to wait at least 12 hours before we could figure out what Faith had. Then from there, the question would be 'why does she have this illness?' It's a mystery gone wrong. I couldn't imagine 'What if Faith had Cancer, too?' I was scared to even think about it. I couldn't even imagine what family life would be like for us then. Another child having Cancer, or Ebola? This is too baring. I'm shivering, and mom thinks I might be getting a cold. I'm not. I'm shivering because I'm so scared for my sister. She's the sister I'm closest to, and I don't want to lose her. If I lose her, then what do I have that is still mine?

Doctors came in the next morning. Today, was Faith's birthday. She gets to spend it in the hospital. I thought to myself 'Wow; that must really suck!' We found out what she had. Cancer. She got Cancer. We all just practically dropped. We couldn't believe it. We couldn't even believe it was true. My sister was just happy to be alive on her birthday; and better yet, to figure out what she had, too! Doctors found out she has a certain type of Cancer. Skin Cancer. The same Cancer I was born with.

Doctors said either mom or dad was a carrier of this Skin Cancer if two of their nine kids had it. They checked everyone's blood to make sure they were fine. Everyone else was safe from Cancer. When the doctors took blood from mom and dad, they found out they were both carriers. They don't have the illness, but they "carried" it with them. Mom and dad don't know how they could have carried it with them. It's a mystery, remain unsolved.

Doctors think they are too late to save her. They have been trying day after day to figure out a solution.They think she got it when she was six, but they don't know for sure; as a definite answer! Today is now August 12th, 2008. It has been a little over a month and about two weeks since we found out Faith has Cancer. They caught mine right when I was born, so I lived through it after taking Kilo Therapy. Mom finally took me and and everyone else home saying we have to go home and go on with our lives. Dad and mom stay at the hospital day after day. Jesse has to drive everyone everywhere.

To and from school, then to and from sports. She drives us everywhere. If any of us were in high school, we would get a job and help with the expenses for the car and for the medical bills. Only three of my siblings are in high school. Jesse, Freddie and Annie. Alex is in 8th grade. Well, going into 8th grade. I'm going into 5th grade. I will have the same teachers I had last year. But this time, it will be a whole different and new year.

I can't imagine Faith going into 4th grade. She's going to have to take half or the same medications as I do, once she can get out of the hospital. I still don't understand how mom and dad can be carriers, and only me and Faith get it. Not mom or dad, not any of my older or younger siblings. Me. Just me and Faith. None of my aunts or uncles or grandparents have any of these problems either. Why me? Why Faith? Why not anyone else but us? It's a mystery gone unsolved. I keep asking myself these questions, then I think I rather have it me, than someone who already has enough stress and other problems in their lives.

After about a month of seeing Faith in the hospital, she's finally allowed out. School started in two weeks. I'm kind of upset because this is Jesse's last year. She will be a Senior in high school. I don't want her to leave our family. She has helped us the most trough all of our difficult lives. I don't know what mom and dad would d for her. Faith thought controlling the Skin Cancer would be easy. She thinks that just by looking at what I do, that it would easy. She found out the first day she was g=home, that it wasn't.

Everyday she has to take a pill practically every four hours to make sure nothing goes wrong. The doctors said maybe in a few months she will only have to take it twice a day. But for now, it remains every four hours. It's been about three days and Faith is already going crazy from having to take her pills. She's tired of waking up in the middle of the night; so she is dreading for some sleep. Doctors said we have to see if Faith can handle the medication until two weeks after school starts to make sure they can bring down the amount.


© 2011 Lyghea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011


Author

Lyghea
Lyghea

Never Let Me Go



About
Quotes! *Everyone can write, Being able to make something out of that? That's true talent.* 1. Sometimes, the heart sees What’s invisible to the eye. 2. Never be bullied into silence.. more..

Writing
F**k Feelings F**k Feelings

A Poem by Lyghea


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Lyghea