Lamb's Blood

Lamb's Blood

A Story by Aly
"

Just something I wrote

"

Lamb’s Blood

 

One. Two. Three shots were fired.  That’s all it took. The blood oozing from where Natashia had been hit. She collapsed onto the floor. Her hand covered with her blood. I ran to her, and held her.

“Stay with me. Stay with me. I’m gonna get you some help ok?” I said

I looked at her wound. Right at her stomach “The baby. . .” I said.

“Andrew,” she said.

I looked at her, my eyes were watering “It’s okay we can get through this. We can get through this.”

“Andrew,” she repeated, using her free clean hand to place hers on his “I’m not gonna make it.”

“Natashia, don’t say that. You don’t know that. You’re gonna make it. You’re gonna make it.”

 

“You know I love you”

“Always,” I said. She smiled at me, and looked at her stomach and then at me again.

I set her down, and watched her close her eyes and listened to her breathing stop. I breathed into her, I did my best to keep her alive. I tried to start her heart, eventually paramics arrived. They took her away from me, I collaspsed crying into the shoulder of my sister Anne who arrived with them.  I knew everything was over. All we had worked all.

All of the pieces that we thought were coming together…only to fall apart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Andrew?”

I was twisting my ring, I just stared at it. I was back in my old room. The room, I barely remembered.  I had no memory of my childhood or how I grew up. But the simple touch of things, was enough.

I looked at her. I didn’t remember my sister either. But I pretended like I did. “Yes Anne?”

“Mom and Dad want to talk to you,”

I followed her down the stairs into the kitchen. There they were sitting at the kitchen table. As I took my place, I could a familiarity. As if we had done this before. Anne went back upstairs. I looked at them.

My father looked at my mother before looking at me.

“It’s been a tough year,” he began. “We’ve struggled finacailly, and we. . .your mother’s near death experience, but it’s also been a wonderful year. We finally have you back with us. You were. . .married,”

My mother held back sobs. He looked at her then at me “We loved Natashia. Andrew, I’m sorry for all that’s happened.  I know how you feel. Even though your mother is here with us, I know that feeling.”

I was staring at the table, my nose sniffled a little.

“Andrew?”

“She was pregnant,” I blurted.

I looked at them. They stared at me. “She was about a month along we weren’t gonna say anything til later. But she was pregnant, and (HE) shot her. Right at her stomach. Just shot her.  I did everything I could you know? Everything. And it still wasn’t enough. It wasn’t enough,”

I started crying right in front of them. They came closer to me patted me on the back comforting me.  

© 2012 Aly


Author's Note

Aly
I wrote this while listening to Bon Iver's song "Wash"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love how you titled this. Devastation to loss of both his unborn child and wife. Also, I like how you switched from one scenario to another giving it how the situation basically is, abrupt especially how anything could be taken away so quickly. "Right at her stomach." Rather than the mom, I saw the unborn child more as the victim with this part.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Indeed it is a loss to anyone who loses someone due to a murder. But thank you for the gr.. read more



Reviews

A fine story, Aly!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
All we had worked all?
That is my only complaint. Other than that it was good. A little confusing but good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

All we had worked for. Was orginally the sentence, I mis-typed it.
I have to admit this made me teary eyed. It really cuts deep. Good scene makeup there, it made it feel as if the reader is actually there watching this unfold in front of them. It shows the utter powerlessness someone people feel. It also brings out a jerk of the heart string at the end when he tells his parents about the baby.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

thank you my friend.
I know I haven't got to reading your stories Aly, I just haven't had the time to read stories lately with Christmas and new years and stuff. But I really liked it, I like the way you write a lot. Very sad read, I couldn't move for a minute after just wondering why someone would do that. Kept me asking questions wanting more. Great job Aly
Only thing I could spot. hope you don't mind that I pointed it out once you fix it i'll edit this review xoxo Kee."All we had worked all." (did you mean for or on?)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

All we had worked for
A very sad story. A terrible parting. And the baby...Why did the disaster happen?

Posted 11 Years Ago


The emotion carries well here. Symbolic and strong. Good dialogue.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
This is deep and emotional, nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

thank you
Brought tears to my eyes Aly. A devastatingly beautiful write

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very emotional. The title is wonderful, it pulls at the heartstrings. I think the idea behind your story was fantastic, but I would have liked to have read a little more about Andrew and Natashia. I felt like I was just reading about two people when it was more than that. I didn't have enough back story to feel emotionally involved in their story. All in all, it was interesting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you. Someday hopefully I'll be able to someday write out Andrew and Natashia's story more. But.. read more
jennilouhoo

11 Years Ago

Interesting! I like it!
Aly

11 Years Ago

mm-hmm. Hopefully someday I can tell Andrew's story.
So sad!! :'( You made me feel like crying... Very well written though.

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
Aly

11 Years Ago

Sorry though for the almost crying.
InsanityWriter

11 Years Ago

XD It's okay. ;)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

765 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on December 25, 2012
Tags: Love, Loss

Author

Aly
Aly

Somewhere in the Land of Potato's :), ID



About
LoveMyProfile.com My Result: Dauntless-= click to take @ NerdTests.com =- more..

Writing
What Can I Say? What Can I Say?

A Poem by Aly


Division Division

A Story by Aly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..