Our Weird Family : Forum : Hi all!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Bull Fetcher

9 Years Ago

hi there!

Did I just see Bull Fetcher go by? Who's Bull Fetcher? Why ... that's the meanest ... horniest hombre ... you'll ever meet outside of Texas! And its a girl! Why is she mad? Because she's grown into the most beautiful and fetching gal in town ... and she hates it. It makes all the men want to ... you know. So she's pissed like anything ... and she carries ball bearings in her pants ... so she can knock their coconuts off their shoulders. Don't say I didn't warn you'll.

I'm organizing a barbecue for this weekend. Anybody want to make any suggestions ... on the food is most welcome. I'll be putting out my list by then. Yum ... yum ... oh and by the way ... can someone get the beers?

Be good ...

U Dayran

[reply] [quote]

Re: Hi all!

9 Years Ago

Corn, oooh fruit salad!its always good a barbeque's!
[reply] [quote]

Re: Barbecue

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Don't forget ... its this Saturday 11 Oct. ... at 5.00 pm. Its sort of a warm up to Halloween ... so what say we do it with theme costume? I'm thinking ... come as your favorite ghoul ... demon ... vampire ... zombie etc. I'm thinking I might do Elvis.

Sunny sweetie ... thanks for the suggestion. You can count on it being there. I need for someone who can do a pumpkin head ... just right for the fruit salad. Anybody interested? That's the pic ( but with pumpkin ) below:

I need to go hunting and get some fresh meat ... let's see now ... wild boar ... deer ... oh yes ... crow with ginger and garlic ... Yum ... yum... Fried Bats with Chilli and ginger.  Till then ...

U Dayran

[reply] [quote]

Re: Harvest

9 Years Ago

hi folks!

Did you'all catch that National Geographic Program last night. Was a great one on ' harvest festivals.' It said people still celebrate the harvest season with a party ... dressed up in their fine clothes ... food ... wine and some dancing. The American thanksgiving is a harvest festival ... its what it said!

In Russia ... when you greet a guest ... you offer him salt and bread. Its called "khlebosolny" and ... the point is to make the guest feel welcome. In Jamaica ... the people greet their guest with ' Waapun ' ... it means ' What's happening?'

Isn't that interesting! Guess what the swahili word is for uncle ... mjomba. That's right!

Tomorrow then ...

Mjomba Dayran
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

Yays :3
[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

hey a bit late but looks like the little child missed the family for quite a long time, sorry but since am back now i will catch up with you guys. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Thinking of God

9 Years Ago

hi

Been thinking about God today. Dunno what it is. You get to be 60 ... and I guess it just comes. I've quit the booze ... you know. Really! Okay ... I'm working on the cigarettes ... but am enjoying it too much to quit. Had a medical exam ... a while back ... pink of health! is what the doc said. I couldn't believe it for days. Clear lungs!!!

hi Ember how are you doing? Avan ... welcome kiddo ... how's it going? 

What's that word ... Cryogenics ... when they freeze your body ... till they can figure how to bring it back alive. Isn't that like the Pharaohs of Egypt. Didn't work ... did it? Hmmm ... morbidity ... happens everytime ... you try not to think about food. Well ... I'm going for dinner after this.

Oh yes ... I almost forgot. I saw Aunt Bedelia earlier ... with a large scissors ... trimming the plants ... next door. Not a single sign of dogs ... I'm telling you. That woman is magic.

Bye now ...

U Dayran
[reply] [quote]

Re: Reading

9 Years Ago

hi folks

I've just been reading about this writer ... Ann Morgan ... who set a project to read every book from every country in the world ... in one year. That's about 196 books. It seems she simply got caught on with the Olympic fever in England in 2012 ... and decided to pursue her experience of the world ... thereafter. Isn't that something?

She did 150 pages a day ... working that into 4 books a week. Much of the reading was on her commute ... as she continued to work at a full time job. That's the book below she published in the UK on her perceptions and experience.

Bye for now

U Dayran

[reply] [quote]

Re: Ghost Story

9 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

Re: Ghost Story

9 Years Ago

hi everybody!  
  hi everybody!      This is a true story.
In 1962 ... I was just 7 years of age. We got the top ten charts on the radio and were avid fans. Was a little curious that way ... associating closely with the west.      
 It was about 9.00 pm. My older brother ... had gone out on his bicycle ... to wait for my sister ... who had a late school program that day. It was quite a walk from the bus stop to the house. As he waited ... he suddenly saw someone walk towards him. It was a western gentlemen ... dressed up in a dinner outfit ... as if he was returning from an engagement.   He walked past my brother ... without comment ... and went down the road ... before turning into a cemetry nearby. My brother gave no further thought to it ... as there was a British military camp ... some miles up the road and it wasn't unusual for these guys ... to be walking about there ... late at night. He came back with my sister and made no further comment.    
   The following day ... he got a bad stomach ache ... and the doctors didn't know what to make of it. So my mother called the village shaman ... an old Malay gentlemen ... savy on the unexplainable experiences. He took a moment to look into the smoke ... that he had set up ... in a crucible ... and then related what happened.   My mother looked to my brother ... who simply nodded that it was true. He had made no mention of it to anyone. The shaman ... recommended that we prepare a big meal ... put it on a plate ... and place it ... near where my brother saw the apparition.   The following day ... he was cured of the ache.    
  In today's view ... I have my own opinion in terms of what happened. I had thereafter grown up with a ' western teen ' who accompanied me for some years. Was no ghost ... and I learnt a great deal from him. But in Hong Kong ... folks still refer to westerners as ... ghosts. Curious ... isn't it?      
 Don't forget ... the barbecue tommorrow. Get your costumes ready!    
  see ya!    
U Dayran

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

It is unfortunate that my costume has yet to come in. I had to have it mailed and it tends to take at least two weeks for mail to be delivered to my  location. I ordered it three weeks ago and I have nothing I can use to make a costume out of, or anthing to even through together. I really wanted to do one too.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Halloween Party

9 Years Ago

hi folks

Welcome to the first international Halloween Party. Have fun!

U Dayran
[reply] [quote]

Re: Halloween Party

9 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

9 Years Ago

This is what I ordered off amazon. My work was going to do a Greek/Roman/Spartan theme for our squardron Costume party
[reply] [quote]

Re: After the Party

9 Years Ago

hi

Let's see now ... one raw egg ... some yogurt ... salt ... pepper ... a little soy sauce with vinegar. The perfect pick me up from a hangover.

I seem to recall ... someone saying how Adonais ... was attacked by a boar. That was the last thing I remember ... before passing out. Everybody got back all right?

U Dayran
[reply] [quote]

Re: Goldilocks

9 Years Ago

hi all!

You gotta hear this ... An elderly couple returned home in the UK to find ... that their house had been tidied and a chicken and pasta dinner prepared on the table. Upstairs they found a polish immigrant asleep on the bed. The telegraph called it the ' Goldilocks Burglary ' and the man was hauled off to court.

I wish the descriptions on the food at the party had appeared clearly. I had placed a warning too at the bottom ... for all epicureans. It said : Warning : Objects on the screen look more real than they actually are.

See ya
U Dayran

[reply] [quote]

Re: Community

9 Years Ago

hi

I prayed today. Nothing elaborate ... a wick alight with oil ... on a cabinet ... with a pic of a vineyard ... in front. I dunno .. is that to the God of Wine? Well anyway ... I spoke of my feeling well in these times ... the affirmation of the community ... where I live ... and on the web. And I asked ... ' the Gentile God ' ... to bless everyone.

Its been years since I did that. I mean I always was for world peace and harmony ... but it makes a difference to say that ... in front of a flame. I  could feel ... a warmth rising ... and displace my usually sharp focus ... but I promised myself that I would make space for it ... irrevocably.

Then I went over ... had dinner in the community pedestrian food court ... and simply communed with the folks there ... accepting things for what they are. There were kids still in their school uniforms ... silver haired gents ... family groups ... the lone diner with his gaze far away ... and that young couple just in front ... probably just married ... feeling a little awkward in public.

Its called Bear Mountain village ... but with restaurant names like Silver City ... Apollo corner ... I guess it could have been anywhere. Hope you guys are making contact with the community where you live. God bless.

U Dayran
[reply] [quote]

Re: Wisps of Love

9 Years Ago

hi all!

'A love that is touch ... life and spirituality ... and yet is as wisps ... that we cannot hold. In many cases ... it leads straight to a life of feverish sex and driven pleasures. It helps to catch that wisp and ... in time ... turn it to the living. A poem like a playful child at the beach ... running to avoid the waves coming in. Nice ...'

Its a review I made of the poem ' Loveboro ' by Nebunova. I was looking at it again recently ...and realized how ... we have grown to expect love in these times ... but don't invest enough ... to make the experience of love tangible. In time we realize its grown into wisps in the air.

Taking a moment each day ... to affirm what love is to ourselves ... create an expression to others ... and make a note of it ...in the things we see ... would help. Love saves!

U Dayran
[reply] [quote]

Re: Muscle

9 Years Ago

hi guys

A man looking at a picture ... like that above ... has got to be figuring two things. Is that going to be a little like making love to myself? And secondly ... how can I relate in the right way ... to her sense of personality and self esteem.

I wish I knew what the answer is ... but I am keen to learn. Anybody in the family ... that can help me with this?

U Dayran
[reply] [quote]

Re: Re: Muscle!

9 Years Ago

Simple uncle,  This is a woman who loves going to the gym and admires the muscular form more than anything else. If you can manage to compliment her on said arm strength, maybe even ask for tips to show that you're not trying to make fun of her, I'm sure you and her would get along just fine. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of date she goes on is at a gym or running track.