CL: Chapter Four

CL: Chapter Four

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E

This had died down slightly and Lucy was trying to catch up on the dishes in the back. She finally was finishing cleaning the final bacon pan in the sink. Pulling it out she threw it in the sanitizer and walked over to the small hand sink, to grab the paper towels hanging above it. She grabbed three and whipped her hands.

Throwing away the paper towels she pulled out her phone. She had been trying to keep up with Sam's messages, but it was rather impossible, as he seemed to respond seconds after she sent her text, something that he rarely had done in the past.
4:25 PM Lucy: Sam you know I love you, but I'm busy. We can talk during my break ok?
Lucy placed her phone back in her pocket and began pulling the dishes out of the sanitizer. Her phone went off once more and she sighed, not even washing off her hands before pulling her phone out of her pocket.
4:26 PM Sam: Alright love, sorry.
Lucy rolled her eyes, but wasn't able to respond due to a car coming onto the headset.
“Hello welcome to Wendy's what can we make for you today,” she muttered through the green light mouth piece and began walking towards the register when a loud crash was heard behind her. Lucy jumped and turned around, barely hearing the man at the speaker past the loud chilli pan that had fallen from the top shelf, hitting the side of the sink before landing upside down on the floor.
“What was that?” Ryan shouted? Ryan was closing grill, however he had just walked in the door, fifteen minutes late. Lucy watched him walk past her and picked up the chilli pan that laid on the floor and placed it back on the top shelf. He then continued walking, making his way towards the first register so he could clock in.
Lucy heard the customer finally say the drink for their first combo and quickly responded. “Was that combo small medium or large?” Lucy turned away from Ryan and the chilli pan and made her way to the second register. 
As she began taking down the order Ruby came up to bag the order. Since it was getting later several people had left, leaving just five people in the store all together. Ruby now the only person Lucy could rely on to bag for her. 
“Is that everything?” Lucy muttered as the custom had taken a long pause.
“Alright your total is fifteen dollars and twenty-three cents,” Lucy hit the store button and then placed the lids on the two drinks she had made while the customer was ordering.
After that she turned to Ruby who was standing there with a bag containing several things of fries and waiting on sandwiches.
The car came to the window and Lucy opened it, feeling the chill of the air hit the part of her arms that still contained bits of water. 
“Fifteen Twenty-three please,” she called out the window, trying to be heard past the wind that was blowing in the window. She could hear some of the plastic lid behind her go flying at the wind came in.
The female in the drive seat handed her a twenty, and she hit the touch screen for the twenty dollar sign, which opened the draw, pulling out the correct change she handed it to the customer. 
“This is up,” Ruby muttered pushing the bags towards Lucy. Lucy just nodded as she grabbed the two drinks and handed them one at a time to the lady through the window. She then too the two bags and handed those out as well.
After handing those out she closed the window and shivered. “Man it's cold,” she muttered. Then pulling out her phone, she noticed that Sam hadn't texted her back, but her phone still showed one new message. Opening her messages she noticed that the unread message was coming from the unknown number that texted her earlier. Clicking on the message to open it she noticed that for some reason the statue didn't change the being read, even though it had been shown as read earlier.
“Interesting,” she muttered before turning off the screen to her phone and putting it back in her pocket.
“What's up? Issues with that guy again?” Ruby asked.
“What?” Lucy eyed her a bit shocked at that response.
“What last time you brought him up you were fighting,” Ruby shrugged as she bent under the register and grabbed up a back of plastic lids and begin to fill the bin next to the register.
“We never fight, we just disagree sometimes. He feels that my family is using me. I disagreed that's all... but I did get this creepy message,” Lucy reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She clicked on the message, which still said new and then handed her phone to Ruby.
1:34 PM Hello Lucy, we understand that you have been talking a male under the name of “Sam” Please understand that this male is not who he says he is. If you continue to speak with him there will be extreme consequences. This is not a joke.
“Wow, who sent that?” Ruby muttered handing the phone back to Lucy and then tying a knot in the platic sleeve she held full of lids.
“I have no idea I've never seen this number before, but it had to be someone who knows about Sam and me,” Lucy right as she grabbed a box full of random nugget sauces and began putting them in the small metal container that held them.
“How many people know about you two?” Ruby asked, as she eyed the rest of the area to see what needed to be stocked.
“Only the people who work here and my best friend,” Lucy stated putting in the last of the barbaque. “I really don't know why any of them would play a prank like this. I just think maybe someone from school got a hold of my number and maybe heard me bring up his name a few times.”
“So you're not worried about it?” Ruby questioned as she began to organized the crackers in the red bin they sat in. “I mean you don't really know this guy.”
“Yeah I do. I may of never met him in person, but we talk nightly, we skype all the time. I've talked to some of his friends, we play games together... I trust him, I'd never take a random text over the countless promises he's made to me,” Lucy stated.
Ruby was about to respond when another car dinged and Lucy answered it. “Hello welcome to Wendy's what can we make for you today?”


© 2014 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good ending to the chapter. You open questions that didn't have answers. I like how you combine work and life. It is a very entertaining story. Made me wish to know more. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 11, 2014


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E