CL: Chapter One

CL: Chapter One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E
"

Reuploaded because for some reason the original upload was close together and hard to read and I could fix it.

"
The class was oddly silent, each student in Mr. Fills eleventh grade Chemistry class were afraid to even breath heavily. Mr. Fills use to be a rather out going teacher, but he allowed the students in this particular class to pull one to many fast ones, and now each student was stuck holding their tongues and hoping to not randomly hear their names from his lips. 
If you were unlucky enough to hear your name called, you dealt with several questions on any subject covered in the class, and sometimes those which haven't been covered yet. It was a rather humiliating punishment, especially for those who lacked in the class, but the worst part was the fact that he kept track of the number you gotten right and wrong and even entered it as a grade, thus if you failed the quiz, your grade dropped drastically. 
Lucy sat in the back corner, the only girl in the back row, a single seat between her and the four most troublesome boys in the class. She moved slightly, lifted the hood of her jacket to cover her neck from the wind that came in through the thin windows behind her. The school was rather old and had quite a draft that kept Lucy tucked warmly in a jacket and long loose pants almost year round. 
She lowered her head slightly, to try to avoid the glare from the monitor while she was taking her notes. Lucy always had a hard time seeing at this time. The sun quite high in the sky, but still shinning brightly into the windows. She turned her body sideways as she wrote. The room was completely dark to make it easier to see the projector, however her eyes kept being distracted by one of the males sitting feet away from her. She could see the light from the male's lap rather easily due to the way she was sitting;a phone. She reached for her own, knowing that it hadn't rung since got up this morning. 
Her eyes made their way from the male's lap up, trying to figure out which one of the four male's was causing the distraction. It was Gregory, he sat three seats away from her, only one other male student between them. She could see he was wearing his girlfriend's pink jacket, which was rather unflattering on the male since it was several sizes to small. She could make out the smug look on his face as he looked down at his own genitals completely oblivious to what was happening in the room around him. 
A small smile came to Lucy's face, although several of these boys have caused issues in the past, Gregory was the selected class clown, and thus he was the main one to blame for the cruel twenty question pop quizzes that Mr. Fills had been giving his students for the past three weeks.
Lucy's eyes went back to the monitor, making sure Mr. Fills was still on the same one she had already written down. Her eyes then went to Mr. Fills who was around forty years old, his hair graying slightly, but you could tell that he was trying to hid it with the way he combed it back. He was rather energetic, walking around the class room and moving his hands to whatever he was speaking about. 
Lucy licked her chapped lipped lips rather annoyed at the cracking skin on them. She lifted her mechanical pencil and began tapping on the black table top with the plastic button, the eraser basically non-existant on the end. She created the only notice that wasn't pens scribbling on torn pieces of paper or the shuffling of feet under desks. It only took a few seconds for Mr. Fills to look in her direction, at the same time the two girls in front of her turned to see what she was doing. Lucy didn't say anything, instead she stopped tapping and allowed her eyes to follow back to Gregory's sit, the light of his cell phone completely shinning off the white shirt that laid in between the two zippers of the pink jacket. 
“Mr. Gregory Lean, is something amusing?” Mr. Fills voice filled with authority.
Lucy smiled slowly pulling her science book above her face, to keep the two girls who were staring at her intently from noticing. 
“Yes, I really enjoy this subject,” Gregory smiled. His eyes then darting to the projector, but it was currently only on a random black and white photo, giving him little information to the topic at hand.
“I'll not make you answer random questions on what you should have been writing down this time,” Mr. Fills noted. “The last thing I want is to see you in this class another year,” the teacher added. 
“Why thank you for that. It wont-” Gregory started to speak, a cocky smile hung on his face.
“I'll let your test grades reflect how much you paid attention this time, however... Why not share with us what was so amusing?”
“If you insist,” Gregory's shoulders tried to rise, but were cut off short from the tight fabric. Be stood up, his chair sliding backwards as his hand going to his zipper.
The room busted up into laughter, only Lucy sat there her face hard as she eyed the ignorant child next to her. Somehow she had once again ended up in the class with all of the trouble makers, thanks to her C average, it was no different then saying she didn't try at all. However it was rather difficult to learn anything with such distractions. Since fifth grade she had been placed in a class with Gregory, and various others of his classmates. It was almost as if they were trying to put all seemingly disruptive kids in the same class. After all the few years they tried to separate them only harmed the more intelligent children, a cast system in which Lucy fell rather short thanks to being rather sick a few years prior and sending her a year behind schedule.
Not finding the joke appealing Mr. Lean ignored his last statement meant to ask the boy to read his last text message. “Your phone Mr. Lean, on my desk now before I send you to the office,” Mr. Fills shouted, his voice coming off in such authority that the room instantly froze. The class stood still as Mr. Fills made his way to his desk, sitting in his chair and waiting for Gregory to bring him his phone.
“Man,” Gregory’s shoulders slouched as he pulled his phone out of his girlfriend's jacket pocket and walked around the tables and upfront. He placed his phone on the corner of the desk, but Mr. Fills quickly grabbed it and threw it in his top draw. 
“You can grab it after school, this is your only warning,” Mr Fills muttered eying the trouble maker before getting up from his desk and going back to the projector. “I don't have much time to explain the rest of the power-point, thanks to Mr. Lean. I'll have to speak brief, but make sure to write everything down, these notes can be used to help you with your tests.
A small sigh escaped Lucy's lips as she placed the book back on the desk, her long brown hair getting caught in the pages as she closed it. She looks forward just in time to see the two female students in front of her try to turn away. 
“Can you believe she just did that?” Ren muttered. She was one of the girl's in front of Lucy, with curly short died fake red (orange) hair, and her make up far to thick. She turned to Ellie the girl next to her, who happened to nod in agreeance. 
“Yeah, like what is her problem? He wasn't hurting anyone, why call him out like that?” Ellie finally responded, making sure to take a good glance back at Lucy, Lucy took in the angry, mixed with sour look the girl seemed to give her. However to Lucy saw no threat in the skimpy skirt girls in front of her.
Lucy was the only girl without a permanent lab partner. The odd number made it rather interesting as when it came to group assignments she was randomly placed with another group every time. However Lucy didn't seem to mind the extra space on the black table she was suppose to be sharing with another. In fact she had her stuff spread through-out that side making it easier for her to place her head down once her assignments were completed.
Lucy tried to concentrate on what Mr. Fills was speaking of, her hand jotting down all the notes as they came by, however Lucy had to admit that she was rather lost on the subject at hand. Was it nuclear fusion, or was it fission? Lucy had a rather hard time with definitions, her mind mixing up such simple things thus making school a rather hard place to be. After all not everyone learned from the same methods.
“Be sure to pick up tomorrow's homework off the front table on your way past,” Mr. Fills finished his rant, he grabbed up a pack of papers and placed them at the front end table, right in front of one of the male students that sat there. He then walked back to his desk.
Lucy, along with the rest of her classmates got out of their seats and began making their way towards the stack of papers. Lucy was picking up her books when Gregory walked past her, hitting his large arm into her back causing her to fly forward and bend over the table. Her stomach pushing against her binder, science book and folder that went flying across the floor in front of the table. She watched as her once organized papers laid scattered between the chairs that Ren and Ellie had been sitting in seconds before. 
“What's your problem!” Lucy screamed as she slammed her hands on the table to prop herself up correctly.
“Sorry,” he muttered as he shrugged and continued walking. However Lucy could see a small smug grin on his face as he turned to head up front.
“What's his problem, what's yours?” She heard Ren call as she now stood up front by the door. A pile of their classmates blocking the space between her and Lucy.
Lucy took a deep breath as she tried to walk around to grab her things, but the males who had been sitting in the back were blocking her path. Annoyed she placed her hands on the table and forced herself over it, landing on her own pile of papers. She was breathing heavily, angered as she heard the rest of her classmates mutter and laugh. Perhaps what they thought was funny had little to do with her, but Lucy still found her body shaking in annoyance her teeth grinding against each other furiously.
She bent down, crouching on the ground as she began to pick up her papers.
“Dude, she's so pissed, look!” One of the boys who had been sitting next Gregory muttered, however it was in ear shot of Lucy, the boy only standing a foot or two away.
“Whatever, that chick is weird anyway,” Gregory spat, trying to move his things in front of him, but his arms having a hard time moving in the restricting fabric. 
“I bet it's small,” Lucy muttered, remembering how just minutes ago he was ready to unzip his pants and reveal himself to the rest of the class. Not a student seem to hear the words she had said and she managed to pick up her things in peace. Now stuck standing in between the two desks waiting for the rest of the students to clear out when the bell rang.
Lucy placed her things back on her desk as she pulled out her phone and hit the text message icon on it. It pulled up a page of various message, and she clicked on the name Sam Her eyes scanning the old messages
2: 35 AM Sam: Hey, why did you end the call?
3: 16 AM Lucy: You fell asleep
3: 20 AM Sam: No I didn't see I'm up! Call me back!
3: 25 AM Sam: Loves?
3:25 AM Sam: Love*
4:00 AM Lucy: I fell asleep, sorry.
4:01 AM Lucy: I have school tomorrow, I'll call you tomorrow ok?
6:30 AM Lucy: Hey, I'm heading to school. Love you!
Lucy frowned her eyes looking closely at the time. 10: 24 AM. She shook her head as she went to type another text to Sam.
10:24 AM Lucy: Hey Love, You-
The bell rang and Lucy quickly began to delete the message. She hit the lock screen on her phone and shoved it into her pocket before picking up her things. She turned, still waiting on the males in the back to make room for her to leave the class. Gregory was almost past the second row of tables when something seemed to grab his pants. He went to take a step and instead fell forward. A gasp of shock escaped of shock escaped him as he fell forward, his pants and boxers falling to his ankles as if one of the boys behind him had decided to pull them down. He fell face first onto to hard tiled floors. His stuff going everywhere and his arms unable to protect him as the jacket kept him from placing his hands in front of him. 

Lucy watched from where she was trapped, and her eyes widened as he stood up. A small laugh escaped her lips as she turned away from the half naked classmate. She could see that several of the other females still stuck in the room had to look away, their faces growing red from embarrassment. In the short gimps all she could see is hair. She had little idea how small he truly was due to the long nappy hair that covered him like an ape. 
“Dude!” One of the other boys shouted as they covered their eyes. Gregory quickly picked up his pants and went to bounce out of the classroom when Mr. Fills called after him. “Hey Gregory.”
Gregory stopped and turned, barely having time to catch his phone as Mr. Fills throw it to him.
“I think that was enough of a punishment for today, don't you think?” The teacher tried hard not to smile, but it was obvious that he felt some form a justice had been served from what had randomly happened to his most troublesome classmate.
Gregory nodded as he turned and walked out, Lucy could see the very noticeable tear forming in the stop of the jacket's sleeves. 


© 2014 Ashley.M.E


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the chapter. You described the place and people with skill. I like how you set-up the ending. You create good characters and a wild storyline. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 11, 2014


Author

Ashley.M.E
Ashley.M.E

OH



Writing
A shell A shell

A Poem by Ashley.M.E


Page One Page One

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Page Two Page Two

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E